Linkages between land management, land degradation, and poverty in Sub-Saharan Africa: The case of Uganda
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Udry, Christopher, 1996. "Gender, Agricultural Production, and the Theory of the Household," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(5), pages 1010-1046, October.
- R. L. Voortman & B. G. J. S. Sonneveld & M. A. Keyzer, 2000. "African Land Ecology: Opportunities and Constraints for Agricultural Development," CID Working Papers 37, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Wood, Stanley & Sebastian, Kate & Nachtergaele, Freddy & Nielsen, Daniel & Dai, Aiguo, 1999. "Spatial aspects of the design and targeting of agricultural development strategies:," EPTD discussion papers 44, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Edward Kato & Claudia Ringler & Mahmud Yesuf & Elizabeth Bryan, 2011.
"Soil and water conservation technologies: a buffer against production risk in the face of climate change? Insights from the Nile basin in Ethiopia,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 42(5), pages 593-604, September.
- Kato, Edward & Ringler, Claudia & Yesuf, Mahmud & Bryan, Elizabeth, 2009. "Soil and water conservation technologies: A buffer against production risk in the face of climate change?: Insights from the Nile Basin in Ethiopia," IFPRI discussion papers 871, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ketema, Mengistu & Bauer, Siegfried, 0. "Determinants of Manure and Fertilizer Applications in Eastern Highlands of Ethiopia," Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, Humboldt-UniversitÃ¤t zu Berlin, vol. 50.
- ERREYGERS, Guido & FEREDE, Tadele, 2009. "The end of subsistence farming: Growth dynamics and investments in human and environmental capital in rural Ethiopia," Working Papers 2009008, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Nkonya, Ephraim & von Braun, Joachim & Mirzabaev, Alisher & Le, Quang Bao & Kwon, Ho Young & Kirui, Oliver K., 2013. "Economics of Land Degradation Initiative: Methods and Approach for Global and National Assessments," Discussion Papers 158663, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Myyrä, Sami, & Pietola, Kyosti & Heikkilä, Anna-Maija, 2011.
"Farm Level Capital: Capital positions, structures, the dynamics of farm level investments, capital accumulation and leverage positions,"
Factor Markets Working Papers
105, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Myyra, Sami & Pietola, Kyosti & Heikkila, Anna-Maija, 2011. "Farm Level Capital: Capital positions, structures, the dynamics of farm level investments, capital accumulation and leverage positions," Working Papers 117488, Factor Markets, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- repec:eee:reecon:v:71:y:2017:i:2:p:254-281 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sheahan, Megan & Barrett, Christopher B., 2014. "Understanding the agricultural input landscape in Sub-Saharan Africa : recent plot, household, and community-level evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7014, The World Bank.
- Peterman, Amber & Quisumbing, Agnes & Behrman, Julia & Nkonya, Ephraim, 2010. "Understanding gender differences in agricultural productivity in Uganda and Nigeria," IFPRI discussion papers 1003, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Yamano, Takashi & Kijima, Yoko, 2010. "The associations of soil fertility and market access with household income: Evidence from rural Uganda," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 51-59, February.
- Kato, Edward & Nkonya, Ephraim & Place, Frank M., 2011. "Heterogeneous treatment effects of integrated soil fertility management on crop productivity: Evidence from Nigeria," IFPRI discussion papers 1089, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Nkonya, Ephraim & Markelova, Helen, 2009. "Looking beyond the obvious: Uncovering the features of natural resource conflicts in Uganda," CAPRi working papers 95, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ragasa, Catherine & Nkonya, Ephraim M. & Ulimwengu, John M. & Randriamamonjy, JosÃ©e, 2016. "Challenges in implementing a small-scale farmersâ€™ capacity-building program: The case of the food production, processing, and marketing project in the Democratic Republic of Congo:," IFPRI discussion papers 1501, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Jolejole-Foreman, Maria Christina & Baylis, Katherine R. & Lipper, Leslie, 2012. "Land Degradation’s Implications on Agricultural Value of Production in Ethiopia: A look inside the bowl," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126251, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kato, E., 2009. "Soil and water conservation technologies: a buffer against production risk in the face of climate change?: insights from the Nile Basin in Ethiopia," IWMI Working Papers H042477, International Water Management Institute.
- Nielsen, Thea & Schunemann, Franziska & McNulty, Emily & Zeller, Manfred & Nkonya, Ephraim M. & Kato, Edward & Meyer, Stefan & Anderson, Weston & Zhu, Tingju & Queface, Antonio & Mapemba, Lawrence, 2015. "The food-energy-water security nexus: Definitions, policies, and methods in an application to Malawi and Mozambique:," IFPRI discussion papers 1480, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Willy, Daniel Kyalo & Holm-Müller, Karin, 2013. "Social influence and collective action effects on farm level soil conservation effort in rural Kenya," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 94-103.
- Kato, Edward & Nkonya, Ephraim & Place, Frank & Mwanjalolo, Majaliwa, 2010. "An econometric investigation of impacts of sustainable land management practices on soil carbon and yield risk: A potential for climate change mitigation," IFPRI discussion papers 1038, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Nkonya, Ephraim & Kato, Edward & Oduol, Judith & Pali, Pamela & Farrow, Andrew, 2013. "Initial impact of integrated agricultural research for development in East and Central Africa," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 8(3), September.
More about this item
KeywordsPoverty; Land management; Soil degradation;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2009-01-10 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2009-01-10 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2009-01-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2009-01-10 (Development)
- NEP-ENV-2009-01-10 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:resrep:159. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .