Price Incentives, Non‐price Factors and Agricultural Production in Sub‐Saharan Africa: A Cointegration Analysis
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Thiele, Rainer, 2002. "Price incentives, non-price factors, and agricultural production in Sub-Saharan Africa: a cointegration analysis," Kiel Working Papers 1123, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Thiele, Rainer, 2003. "Price Incentives, Non-Price Factors, And Agricultural Production In Sub-Saharan Africa: A Cointegration Analysis," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa 25901, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
References listed on IDEAS
- Marc Nerlove, 1979. "The Dynamics of Supply: Retrospect and Prospect," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 61(5), pages 874-888.
- Kremers, Jeroen J M & Ericsson, Neil R & Dolado, Juan J, 1992. "The Power of Cointegration Tests," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 54(3), pages 325-348, August.
- Schiff, Maurice & Montenegro, Claudio E, 1997.
"Aggregate Agricultural Supply Response in Developing Countries: A Survey of Selected Issues,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(2), pages 393-410, January.
- Schiff, Maurice & Montenegro, Claudio E., 1995. "Aggregate agricultural supply response in developing countries : a survey of selected issues," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1485, The World Bank.
- Coeymans, Juan Eduardo & Mundlak, Yair, 1993. "Sectoral growth in Chile: 1962-82," Research reports 95, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Andrew McKay & Oliver Morrissey & Charlotte Vaillant, 1999. "Aggregate supply response in Tanzanian agriculture," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(1), pages 107-123.
- David E. Rapach, 2002. "Are Real GDP Levels Nonstationary? Evidence from Panel Data Tests," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 68(3), pages 473-495, January.
- Mamingi, Nlandu, 1997.
"The impact of prices and macroeconomic policies on agricultural supply: a synthesis of available results,"
Blackwell, vol. 16(1), pages 17-34, March.
- Mamingi, Nlandu, 1997. "The impact of prices and macroeconomic policies on agricultural supply: a synthesis of available results," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 16(1), March.
- R. L. Voortman & B. G. J. S. Sonneveld & M. A. Keyzer, 2000. "African Land Ecology: Opportunities and Constraints for Agricultural Development," CID Working Papers 37, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Anders Danielson, 2002. "Agricultural Supply Response in Tanzania: Has Adjustment Really Worked?," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 14(1), pages 98-112.
- Nerlove, Marc, 1979. "The Dynamics Of Supply: Retrospect And Prospect," 1979 Annual Meeting, July 29-August 1, Pullman, Washington 277829, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Thiele, Rainer, 2002. "The bias against agriculture in Sub-Saharan Africa: Has it survived 20 years of structural adjustment programs?," Kiel Working Papers 1102, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Magrini, Emiliano & Morales-Opazo, Cristian & Balie, Jean, 2014.
"Supply response along the value chain in selected SSA countries: the case of grains,"
2014: Food, Resources and Conflict, December 7-9, 2014. San Diego, California
197193, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Magrini, Emiliano & Balié, Jean & Morales Opazo, Cristian, 2016. "Price signals and supply responses for staple food crops in SSA countries," DARE Discussion Papers 1601, Georg-August University of Göttingen, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development (DARE).
- Francesco Caracciolo & Fabio Santeramo, 2013.
"Price Trends and Income Inequalities: Will Sub-Saharan Africa Reduce the Gap?,"
African Development Review,
African Development Bank, vol. 25(1), pages 42-54.
- Francesco Caracciolo & Fabio Gaetano Santeramo, 2013. "Price Trends and Income Inequalities: Will Sub-Saharan Africa Reduce the Gap?," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 25(1), pages 42-54, March.
- Caracciolo, Francesco & Santeramo, Fabio Gaetano, 2012. "Price trends and income inequalities: will Sub-Saharan-Africa reduce the gap?," MPRA Paper 45196, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Johnson, Michael E. & Takeshima, Hiroyuki & Gyimah-Brempong, Kwabena, 2013. "Assessing the potential and policy alternatives for achieving rice competitiveness and growth in Nigeria:," IFPRI discussion papers 1301, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Magrini, Emiliano & Balié, Jean & Morales Opazo, Cristian, 2016.
"Price signals and supply responses for staple food crops in SSA countries,"
DARE Discussion Papers
1601, Georg-August University of Göttingen, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development (DARE).
- Magrini, Emiliano & Balié, Jean & Morales Opazo, Christian, 2016. "Price signals and supply responses for staple food crops in SSA countries," Department of Agricultural and Rural Development (DARE) Discussion Papers 260779, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development (DARE).
- repec:bla:afrdev:v:29:y:2017:i:2:p:107-121 is not listed on IDEAS
- Olubode-Awosola, O.O. & Oyewumi, Olubukola Ayodeju & Jooste, Andre, 2006. "Vector error correction modelling of Nigerian agricultural supply response," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 45(4), pages 1-16, December.
More about this item
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- Q11 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Aggregate Supply and Demand Analysis; Prices
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:adb:adbadr:860. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John Anyanwu). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/afdbgci.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.