Rice production response in Cambodia
This paper analyzes how Cambodian farmers and the government can respond to the rise of rice price. The study estimates rice production response in Cambodia using the Cambodia Socio-Economic Surveys (CSES) conducted in 2004 and 2007. The results indicate that agricultural productivity is far from its potential and can be increased substantially by using modern technology and inputs such as fertilizers and irrigation. Our findings also suggest that the Cambodian government needs to design its investment strategy to relax constraints in rural infrastructure such as transportation and electricity in order to increase its agricultural production and productivity and boost farmers’ income.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 42 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (05)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0169-5150|
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/subs.asp?ref=0169-5150|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Heltberg, Rasmus & Tarp, Finn, 2001.
"Agricultural Supply Response and Poverty in Mozambique,"
Working Paper Series
UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Heltberg, R. & Tarp, F., 2002. "Agricultural supply response and poverty in Mozambique," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 103-124, April.
- P. J. Gunawardana & E. A. Oczkowski, 1992. "Government Policies And Agricultural Supply Response: Paddy In Sri Lanka," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(2), pages 231-242.
- Wall, Charles A. & Fisher, Brian S., 1988. "Supply Response and the Theory of Production and Profit Functions," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 56(03), December.
- Flinn, John C. & Kalirajan, Kaliappa P. & Castillo, Linda L., 1982.
"Supply Responsiveness Of Rice Farmers In Laguna, Philippines,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 26(01), April.
- J.C. Flinn & Kaliappa P. Kalirajan & Linda L. Castillo, 1982. "Supply Responsiveness Of Rice Farmers In Laguna, Philippines," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 26(1), pages 39-48, 04.
- Mushtaq, Khalid & Dawson, P.J., 2003. "Yield Response In Pakistan Agriculture: A Cointegration Approach," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa 25931, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Marc Nerlove, 1968.
"Further Evidence on the Estimation of Dynamic Economic Relations from a Time Series of Cross-Sections,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
257, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Nerlove, Marc, 1971. "Further Evidence on the Estimation of Dynamic Economic Relations from a Time Series of Cross Sections," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(2), pages 359-82, March.
- Shenggen Fan & Bingxin Yu & Somchai Jitsuchon, 2008. "Does Allocation of Public Spending Matter in Poverty Reduction? Evidence from Thailand ," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 22(4), pages 411-430, December.
- Muchapondwa, Edwin, 2009. "Supply response of Zimbabwean agriculture: 1970â€“1999," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 3(1), March.
- Julie Subervie, 2008. "The Variable Response of Agricultural Supply to World Price Instability in Developing Countries," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(1), pages 72-92, 02.
- Rosegrant, Mark W. & Kasryno, Faisal & Perez, Nicostrato D., 1998. "Output response to prices and public investment in agriculture: Indonesian food crops," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 333-352, April.
- Ball, V. Eldon & Moss, Charles B. & Erickson, Kenneth W. & Nehring, Richard F., 2003. "Modeling Supply Response In A Multiproduct Framework Revisited: The Nexus Of Empirics And Economics," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 21981, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Imai, Katsushi S. & Gaiha, Raghav & Thapa, Ganesh, 2011.
"Supply response to changes in agricultural commodity prices in Asian countries,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 61-75, February.
- Katsushi Imai & Raghav Gaiha & Ganesh Thapa, 2008. "Supply response to changes in agricultural commodity prices in Asian countries," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0808, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Hone, Phillip & Haszler, Henry & Natasiwai, Tevita, 2008. "Agricultural Supply Response in Fiji," 2008 Conference (52nd), February 5-8, 2008, Canberra, Australia 5982, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Just, Richard E., 1993. "Discovering Production and Supply Relationships: Present Status and Future Opportunities," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 61(01), April.
- Phillip Hone & Henry Haszler & Tevita Natasiwai, 2008. "Agricultural Supply Response in Fiji," Economics Series 2008_04, Deakin University, Faculty of Business and Law, School of Accounting, Economics and Finance.
- Surajit Deb, 2005. "Terms of Trade and Supply Response of Indian Agriculture: Analysis in Cointegration Framework," Indian Economic Review, Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, vol. 40(1), pages 65-92, January.
- Suleiman Abrar & Oliver Morrissey & Tony Rayner, 2004. "Crop-Level Supply Response by Agro-Climatic Region in Ethiopia," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(2), pages 289-311.
- Choeun, Hong & Godo, Yoshihisa & Hayami, Yujiro, 2006. "The economics and politics of rice export taxation in Thailand: A historical simulation analysis, 1950-1985," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 103-125, February.
- Hattink, Wolter & Heerink, Nico & Thijssen, Geert, 1998. "Supply Response of Cocoa in Ghana: A Farm-Level Profit Function Analysis," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 7(3), pages 424-44, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:agecon:v:42:y:2011:i:3:p:437-450. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.