Can cash transfers promote the local economy? A case study for Cambodia:
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Owen Barder, 2006. "A Policymakers' Guide to Dutch Disease," Working Papers 91, Center for Global Development.
- Coate, Stephen, 1989. "Cash versus direct food relief," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 199-224, April.
- Thomas, Duncan & Strauss, John, 1997.
"Health and wages: Evidence on men and women in urban Brazil,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 159-185, March.
- Thomas, D. & Strauss, J., 1997. "Health and Wages: Evidence on Men and Women in Urban Brazil," Papers 97-05, RAND - Reprint Series.
- Coate, Stephen & Johnson, Stephen & Zeckhauser, Richard, 1994. "Pecuniary redistribution through in-kind programs," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 19-40, September.
- Aschauer, David Alan, 1989. "Is public expenditure productive?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 177-200, March.
- Cunha, Jesse & De Giorgi, Giacomo & Jayachandran, Seema, 2011.
"The Price Effects of Cash Versus In-Kind Transfers,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8581, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jesse M. Cunha & Giacomo De Giorgi & Seema Jayachandran, 2011. "The Price Effects of Cash Versus In-Kind Transfers," NBER Working Papers 17456, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cunha, Jesse M. & De Giorgi, Giacomo & Jayachandran, Seema, 2015. "The price effects of cash versus in-kind transfers," Staff Reports 735, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Barrientos, Armando, 2012. "Social Transfers and Growth: What Do We Know? What Do We Need to Find Out?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 11-20.
- Diao, Xinshen & Nwafor, Manson & Alpuerto, Vida & Akramov, Kamiljon & Salau, Sheu, 2010. "Agricultural growth and investment options for poverty reduction in Nigeria," IFPRI discussion papers 954, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Strauss, John, 1986. "Does Better Nutrition Raise Farm Productivity?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(2), pages 297-320, April.
- Mendes, Sergio Magno & Teixeira, Erly Cardoso & Salvato, Marcio Antonio, 2008.
"Effect of infrastructure investments on total factor productivity (TFP) in Brazilian agriculture,"
Working Papers in Applied Economics
53441, Universidade Federal de Vicosa, Departamento de Economia Rural.
- Mendes, Sergio Magno & Teixeira, Erly Cardoso & Salvato, Marcio Antonio, 2009. "Effect of infrastructure investments on total factor productivity (TFP) in Brazilian agriculture," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 50777, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ulimwengu, John M., 2009. "Farmersâ€™ health and agricultural productivity in rural Ethiopia," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 3(2), September.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Agnes R. Quisumbing, 1999.
"Human Capital, Productivity, and Labor Allocation in Rural Pakistan,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 34(2), pages 369-406.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Agnes R. Quisumbing, "undated". "Human Capital, Productivity, and Labor Allocation in Rural Pakistan," Working Papers 97019, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Fafchamps, Marcel & Quisumbing, Agnes R., 1998. "Human capital, productivity, and labor allocation in rural Pakistan," FCND discussion papers 48, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Xiaobo Zhang & Shenggen Fan, 2004.
"How Productive Is Infrastructure? A New Approach and Evidence from Rural India,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(2), pages 492-501.
- Zhang, Xiaobo & Fan, Shenggen, 2001. "How productive is infrastructure?: new approach and evidence from rural India," EPTD discussion papers 84, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Bingxin Yu & Shenggen Fan, 2011.
"Rice production response in Cambodia,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 42(3), pages 437-450, May.
- Yu, Bingxin & Fan, Shenggen, 2009. "Rice Production Response in Cambodia," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51042, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Yu, Bingxin & Fan, Shenggen, 2009. "Rice production responses in Cambodia:," IFPRI discussion papers 939, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Bhargava, Alok, 1997. "Nutritional status and the allocation of time in Rwandese households," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 277-295, March.
- Anders Engvall & Örjan Sjöberg & Fredrik Sjöholm, 2008.
"Poverty in Rural Cambodia: The Differentiated Impact of Linkages, Inputs, and Access to Land,"
Asian Economic Papers,
MIT Press, vol. 7(2), pages 74-95, Spring/Su.
- Engvall, Anders & Sjöberg, Örjan & Sjöholm, Fredrik, 2007. "Poverty in Rural Cambodia: The Differentiated Impact of Linkages, Inputs and Access to Land," Working Paper Series 706, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Wouterse, Fleur, 2011. "Social services, human capital, and technical efficiency of smallholders in Burkina Faso:," IFPRI discussion papers 1068, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Stephanie Levy, 2007.
"Public Investment to Reverse Dutch Disease: The Case of Chad,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 16(3), pages 439-484, June.
- Levy, Stephanie, 2006. "Public investment to reverse Dutch disease: the case of Chad," DSGD discussion papers 35, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Croppenstedt, Andre & Muller, Christophe, 2000. "The Impact of Farmers' Health and Nutritional Status on Their Productivity and Efficiency: Evidence from Ethiopia," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 48(3), pages 475-502, April.
- Ulimwengu, John & Liverpool-Tasie, Saweda & Randriamamonjy, Josee & Ramadan, Racha, 2011. "Understanding the linkage between agricultural productivity and nutrient consumption: Evidence from Uganda," IFPRI discussion papers 1128, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- McNamara, Paul E. & Ulimwengu, John M. & Leonard, Kenneth L., 2010. "Do health investments improve agricultural productivity?," IFPRI discussion papers 1012, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Mateusz Filipski & J. Edward Taylor, 2012. "A simulation impact evaluation of rural income transfers in Malawi and Ghana," Journal of Development Effectiveness, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(1), pages 109-129, March.
- Paul J. Gertler & Sebastian W. Martinez & Marta Rubio-Codina, 2012.
"Investing Cash Transfers to Raise Long-Term Living Standards,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 4(1), pages 164-192, January.
- Gertler, Paul & Martinez, Sebastian & Rubio-Codina, Marta, 2006. "Investing cash transfers to raise long term living standards," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3994, The World Bank.
- Audibert, Martine & Etard, Jean-Francois, 2003. "Productive Benefits after Investment in Health in Mali," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(3), pages 769-782, April.
- Palacios, Robert & Sluchynsky, Oleksiy, 2006. "Social pensions Part I : their role in the overall pension system," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 36237, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eric ROUGIER & François COMBARNOUS & Yves-André FAURE, 2017. "The ‘local economy’ effect of social transfers: A municipality-level analysis of the local growth impact of the Bolsa Familia Programme in the Brazilian Nordeste," Cahiers du GREThA 2017-09, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:103:y:2018:i:c:p:199-215 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rougier, Eric & Combarnous, François & Fauré, Yves-André, 2018.
"The “Local Economy” Effect of Social Transfers: An Empirical Assessment of the Impact of the Bolsa Família Program on Local Productive Structure and Economic Growth,"
Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 199-215.
- Eric Rougier & François Combarnous & Yves-André Faure, 2018. "The “Local Economy” Effect of Social Transfers: An Empirical Assessment of the Impact of the Bolsa Família Program on Local Productive Structure and Economic Growth," Post-Print halshs-01724327, HAL.
- Villa, Juan M., 2014. "Social transfers and growth: The missing evidence from luminosity data," WIDER Working Paper Series 090, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural policies; Agricultural development; Impact assessment; agricultural development strategies; social protection; Computable General Equilibrium (CGE) model; impact evaluation;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2014-04-05 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2014-04-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2014-04-05 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-DEV-2014-04-05 (Development)
- NEP-SEA-2014-04-05 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:1334. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.