Drought and famine relationships in Sudan: policy implications
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cuddy, John D A & Della Valle, P A, 1978. "Measuring the Instability of Time Series Data," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 40(1), pages 79-85, February.
- M. Mufakharul Islam, 1986. "Discussion," The Indian Economic & Social History Review, , vol. 23(2), pages 217-226, June.
- Per Pinstrup-Andersen & Elizabeth Caicedo, 1978. "The Potential Impact of Changes in Income Distribution on Food Demand and Human Nutrition," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 60(3), pages 402-415.
- Timmer, C. Peter, 1974. "A Model of Rice Marketing Margins in Indonesia," Food Research Institute Studies, Stanford University, Food Research Institute, issue 02.
- Peter J. Matlon & Dunstan S. Spencer, 1984. "Increasing Food Production in Sub-Saharan Africa: Environmental Problems and Inadequate Technological Solutions," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 66(5), pages 671-676.
- C. Peter Timmer & Harold Alderman, 1979. "Estimating Consumption Parameters for Food Policy Analysis," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 61(5), pages 982-987.
- Pinstrup-Andersen, Per, 1985. "Food Prices and the Poor in Developing Countries," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 12(1-2), pages 69-81.
- Adams, Martin E & Howell, John, 1979. "Developing the Traditional Sector in the Sudan," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 27(3), pages 505-518, April.
- Corbett, Jane, 1988. "Famine and household coping strategies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 16(9), pages 1099-1112, September.
- Waterfield, Charles, 1985. "Disaggregating food consumption parameters : Designing targeted nutritional interventions," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 337-351, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ueyama, Mika, 2007. "Income growth and gender bias in childhood mortality in developing countries:," IFPRI discussion papers 739, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Reardon, Thomas, 1997. "Using evidence of household income diversification to inform study of the rural nonfarm labor market in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 735-747, May.
- Haddad, Lawrence James & Zeller, Manfred, 1996. "How can safety nets do more with less?," FCND discussion papers 16, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Haddad, Lawrence James & Peña, Christine & Nishida, Chizuru & Quisumbing, Agnes R. & Slack, Alison T., 1996. "Food security and nutrition implications of intrahousehold bias," FCND discussion papers 19, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Dorosh, Paul A. & Subran, Ludovic, 2009. "Food Aid, External Trade and Domestic Markets: Implications for Food Security in Darfur," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51453, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Delgado, Christopher L. & Rosegrant, Mark W. & Steinfeld, Henning & Ehui, Simeon K. & Courbois, Claude, 1999. "Livestock to 2020: the next food revolution," 2020 vision briefs 61, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ferro-Luzzi, Anna & Morris, Saul S. & Taffesse, Samson & Demissie, Tsegaye & D'Amato, Maurizio, 2001. "Seasonal undernutrition in rural Ethiopia:," Research reports 118, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- F. T. M. Kilima, 2006. "Are Price Changes in the World Market Transmitted to Markets in Less Developed Countries? A Case Study of Sugar, Cotton, Wheat, and Rice in Tanzania," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp160, IIIS.
- Sassi, Maria & Cardaci, Alberto, 2013. "Impact of rainfall pattern on cereal market and food security in Sudan: Stochastic approach and CGE model," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 321-331.
- Haddad, Lawrence James & Bhattarai, Saroj & Immink, Maarten D. C. & Kumar, Shubh K., 1996. "Managing interactions between household food security and preschooler health," FCND discussion papers 16, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Abdelmoneim Elnagheeb & Daniel Bromley, 1992. "Rainfed mechanized farming and deforestation in central Sudan," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 2(4), pages 359-371, July.
- Haddad, Lawrence James & Bhattarai, Saroj & Immink, Maarten D. C. & Kumar, Shubh K., 1996. "Managing interactions between household food security and preschooler health:," 2020 vision discussion papers 16, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Reardon, Thomas, 2000. "Asset, Activity, And Income Diversification Among African Agriculturalists: Some Practical Issues," Working Papers 14734, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Siddig, Khalid, 2011. "Modeling the Impact of Drought on Agriculture and Food Security in Sudan," 2011 Conference: Impacts of Climate Change on Agriculture, December 6-7, 2011, Rabat, Morocco 188123, Moroccan Association of Agricultural Economics (AMAEco).
- Lundberg, Mattias K.A. & Diskin, Patrick K., 1994. "Targeting Assistance to the Poor and Food Insecure: A Review of the Literature," Food Security International Development Working Papers 54705, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Faminow, Merle D., 1995. "Issues in valuing food aid: The cash or in-kind controversy," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 3-10, February.
- Amikuzuno, Joseph & Ogundari, Kolawole, 2013. "Price transmission Analysis and Associated Policy in Sub-Saharan Africa’s Agricultural Markets: What Does the Literature Say?," 2013 AAAE Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 160479, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
More about this item
KeywordsFamines Sudan.; Droughts Sudan.; Food relief Government policy Sudan.; Drought relief Government policy Sudan.;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:resrep:88. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.