Scholars Who Became Practitioners: the Influence of Research on the Design, Evaluation and Political Survival of Mexico's Anti-poverty Program Progresa/Oportunidades
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Quisumbing, Agnes R., 1994.
"Intergenerational transfers in Philippine rice villages : Gender differences in traditional inheritance customs,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 167-195, April.
- Quisumbing, A.R., 1991. "Intergenerational Transfers in Philippine Rice Villages: Gender Differences in Traditional Inheritance Customs," Papers 632, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Behrman, Jere R & Deolalikar, Anil B, 1987. "Will Developing Country Nutrition Improve with Income? A Case Study for Rural South India," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(3), pages 492-507, June.
- Reutlinger, Shlomo & Alderman, Harold, 1980. "The prevalence of calorie-deficient diets in developing countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 8(5-6), pages 399-411.
- Haddad, Lawrence & Hoddinott, John & Alderman, Harold & DEC, 1994. "Intrahousehold resource allocation : an overview," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1255, The World Bank.
- Newman, John & Rawlings, Laura & Gertler, Paul, 1994. "Using Randomized Control Designs in Evaluating Social Sector Programs in Developing Countries," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 9(2), pages 181-201, July.
- Besley, Timothy J & Kanbur, S M Ravi, 1988. "Food Subsidies and Poverty Alleviation," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(392), pages 701-719, September.
- James J. Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Petra E. Todd, 1997. "Matching As An Econometric Evaluation Estimator: Evidence from Evaluating a Job Training Programme," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 64(4), pages 605-654.
- Alderman, Harold & von Braun, Joachim, 1984. "The effects of the Egyptian food ration and subsidy system on income distribution and consumption:," Research reports 45, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ariel Fiszbein & Norbert Schady & Francisco H.G. Ferreira & Margaret Grosh & Niall Keleher & Pedro Olinto & Emmanuel Skoufias, 2009. "Conditional Cash Transfers : Reducing Present and Future Poverty," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2597, April.
- von Braun, Joachim & de Haen, Hartwig, 1983. "The effects of food price and subsidy policies on Egyptian agriculture:," Research reports 42, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Scobie, Grant McDonald, 1983. "Food subsidies in Egypt: their impact on foreign exchange and trade," Research reports 40, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Per Pinstrup-Andersen & Elizabeth Caicedo, 1978. "The Potential Impact of Changes in Income Distribution on Food Demand and Human Nutrition," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 60(3), pages 402-415.
- T. Paul Schultz, 1990.
"Testing the Neoclassical Model of Family Labor Supply and Fertility,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 25(4), pages 599-634.
- Schultz, T.P., 1990. "Testing The Neoclassical Model Of Family Labor Supply And Fertility," Papers 601, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- C. Peter Timmer & Harold Alderman, 1979. "Estimating Consumption Parameters for Food Policy Analysis," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 61(5), pages 982-987.
- Kehoe, Timothy J. & Serra-Puche, Jaime, 1986. "A general equilibrium analysis of price controls and subsidies on food in mexico," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 65-87, April.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Progesa: a success story thanks to academics
by Economic Logician in Economic Logic on 2011-09-06 19:50:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Raymundo Campos & Gerardo Esquivel & Nora Lustig, 2012.
"The Rise and Fall of Income Inequality in Mexico, 1989–2010,"
267, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Campos-Vazquez, Raymundo M. & Esquivel, Gerardo & Lustig, Nora, 2012. "The Rise and Fall of Income Inequality in Mexico, 1989-2010," WIDER Working Paper Series 010, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Raymundo M. Campos-Vazquez & Gerardo Esquivel & Nora Lustig, 2012. "The Rise and Fall of Income Inequality in Mexico: 1989-2010," Serie documentos de trabajo del Centro de Estudios Económicos 2012-04, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos.
- Raymundo Campos & Gerado Esquivel & Nora Lustig, 2012. "The Rise and Fall of Income Inequality in Mexico, 1989-2010," Working Papers 1201, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- Chiapa, Carlos & Garrido, José Luis & Prina, Silvia, 2012.
"The effect of social programs and exposure to professionals on the educational aspirations of the poor,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 778-798.
- Carlos Chiapa & José Luis Garrido & Silvia Prina, 2010. "The effect of social programs and exposure to professionals on the educational aspirations of the poor," Serie documentos de trabajo del Centro de Estudios Económicos 2010-11, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos.
- repec:unu:wpaper:wp2012-10 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsanti-poverty programs; conditional cash transfers; scholars; practitioners; Progresa; Oportunidades; Mexico;
- H3 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents
- H53 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Welfare Programs
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
- O2 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-08-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2011-08-15 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-LTV-2011-08-15 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tul:wpaper:1123. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rodrigo Aranda Balcazar). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/detulus.html .