Issues in valuing food aid: The cash or in-kind controversy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Coate, Stephen, 1989. "Cash versus direct food relief," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, pages 199-224.
- Smeeding, Timothy & Moon, Marilyn, 1980. "Valuing Government Expenditures: The Case of Medical Care Transfers and Poverty," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 26(3), pages 305-324, September.
- Webb, Patrick & von Braun, Joachim & Yohannes, Yisehac, 1992. "Famine in Ethiopia: policy implications of coping failure at national and household levels," Research reports 92, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Maxwell, Simon & Templer, Guy, 1994. "The monetization of project and emergency food aid:project-level efficiency first!," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 9-15, February.
- Teklu, Tesfaye & von Braun, Joachim & Zaki, Elsayed & Ali, Ahmed, 1991. "Drought and famine relationships in Sudan: policy implications," Research reports 88, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Timothy Smeeding, 1984. "Approaches to Measuring and Valuing In-Kind Subsidies and the Distribution of Their Benefits," NBER Chapters,in: Economic Transfers in the United States, pages 139-176 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Holt, J. F. J., 1983. "Ethiopia : Food for work or food for relief," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 187-201, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gentilini,Ugo, 2016. "The revival of the"cash versus food"debate : new evidence for an old quandary ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7584, The World Bank.
- Christopher B. Barrett, 2006. "Food Aid’s Intended and Unintended Consequences," Working Papers 06-05, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Ryckembusch, David & Frega, Romeo & Silva, Marcio Guilherme & Gentilini, Ugo & Sanogo, Issa & Grede, Nils & Brown, Lynn, 2013. "Enhancing Nutrition: A New Tool for Ex-Ante Comparison of Commodity-based Vouchers and Food Transfers," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 58-67.
- Zoltan Tiba, 2002. "Food aid for food security - trends and changes in the 1990s," IWE Working Papers 133, Institute for World Economics - Centre for Economic and Regional Studies- Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Mohammed, Essam, 2011. "Pro-poor benefit distribution in REDD+: Who gets what and why does it matter?," MPRA Paper 43648, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- World Bank Group, 2016. "Cash Transfers in Humanitarian Contexts," World Bank Other Operational Studies 24699, The World Bank.
- Gentilini, Ugo, 2014. "Our daily bread : what is the evidence on comparing cash versus food transfers?," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 89502, The World Bank.
- Gelan, Ayele Ulfata, 2007. "Does food aid have disincentive effects on local production? A general equilibrium perspective on food aid in Ethiopia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 436-458, August.
- Shaw, D. J. & Singer, H. W., 1996. "A future food aid regime: Implications of final act of the Uruguay round," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(4-5), pages 447-460.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:20:y:1995:i:1:p:3-10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .