Issues in valuing food aid: The cash or in-kind controversy
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Holt, J. F. J., 1983. "Ethiopia : Food for work or food for relief," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 187-201, August.
- Maxwell, Simon & Templer, Guy, 1994. "The monetization of project and emergency food aid:project-level efficiency first!," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 9-15, February.
- Smeeding, Timothy & Moon, Marilyn, 1980. "Valuing Government Expenditures: The Case of Medical Care Transfers and Poverty," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 26(3), pages 305-24, September.
- Coate, Stephen, 1989.
"Cash versus direct food relief,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 199-224, April.
- Webb, Patrick & von Braun, Joachim & Yohannes, Yisehac, 1992. "Famine in Ethiopia: policy implications of coping failure at national and household levels," Research reports 92, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Teklu, Tesfaye & von Braun, Joachim & Zaki, Elsayed & Ali, Ahmed, 1991. "Drought and famine relationships in Sudan: policy implications," Research reports 88, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Timothy Smeeding, 1984. "Approaches to Measuring and Valuing In-Kind Subsidies and the Distribution of Their Benefits," NBER Chapters, in: Economic Transfers in the United States, pages 139-176 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:20:y:1995:i:1:p:3-10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.