Food Aid’s Intended and Unintended Consequences
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Quisumbing, Agnes R., 2003.
"Food Aid and Child Nutrition in Rural Ethiopia,"
Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1309-1324, July.
- Quisumbing, Agnes R., 2003. "Food aid and child nutrition in rural Ethiopia," FCND briefs 158, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Quisumbing, Agnes R., 2003. "Food aid and child nutrition in rural Ethiopia," FCND discussion papers 158, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Michael Carter & Christopher Barrett, 2006. "The economics of poverty traps and persistent poverty: An asset-based approach," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(2), pages 178-199.
- Cox, Donald & Hansen, Bruce E. & Jimenez, Emmanuel, 2004.
"How responsive are private transfers to income? Evidence from a laissez-faire economy,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(9-10), pages 2193-2219, August.
- Donald Cox & Bruce E. Hansen & Emmanuel Jimenez, 1997. "How Responsive are Private Transfers to Income? Evidence from a Laissez-Faire Economy," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 341., Boston College Department of Economics, revised 01 Dec 1999.
- Holden, Stein & Barrett, Christopher B. & Hagos, Fitsum, 2006.
"Food-for-work for poverty reduction and the promotion of sustainable land use: can it work?,"
Environment and Development Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(01), pages 15-38, February.
- Holden, Stein T. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Hagos, Fitsum, 2003. "Food-for-work for Poverty Reduction and the Promotion of Sustainable Land Use: Can It Work?," Working Papers 127797, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Holden, Stein T. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Hagos, Fitsum, 2003. "Food-For-Work For Poverty Reduction And The Promotion Of Sustainable Land Use: Can It Work?," Working Papers 14759, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Frances Stewart, 1998. "Food Aid During Conflict: Can One Reconcile Its Humanitarian, Economic, and Political Economy Effects?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(3), pages 560-565.
- Dorosh, Paul A. & Shahabuddin, Quazi & Aziz, M. Abdul & Farid, Naser, 2002.
"Bumper crops, producer incentives and persistent poverty,"
MSSD discussion papers
43, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Dorosh, Paul A. & Shahabuddin, Quazi & Aziz, M. Abdul & Farid, Naser, 2002. "Bumper crops, producer incentives and persistent poverty," MTID discussion papers 43, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Barrett, Christopher B & Mohapatra, Sandeep & Snyder, Donald L, 1999. "The Dynamic Effects of U.S. Food Aid," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 37(4), pages 647-656, October.
- Martin Ravallion, 1997. "Famines and Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(3), pages 1205-1242, September.
- Faminow, Merle D., 1995. "Issues in valuing food aid: The cash or in-kind controversy," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 3-10, February.
- Tschirley, David & Donovan, Cynthia & Weber, Michael T., 1996. "Food aid and food markets: lessons from Mozambique," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 189-209, May.
- Barrett, Christopher B., 1997. "Liberalization and food price distributions: ARCH-M evidence from Madagascar," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 155-173, April.
- Barrett, Christopher B, 2001. "Does Food Aid Stabilize Food Availability?," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 49(2), pages 335-349, January.
- Susan Olivia & John Gibson & Trinh Le, 2004. "Private Transfers and the Crowding Out Hypothesis: Semiparametric and Threshold Regression Evidence from Four Developing Countries," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 112, Econometric Society.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elena Briones Alonso & Lara Cockx & Johan Swinnen, 2017.
"Culture and Food Security,"
LICOS Discussion Papers
39817, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Elena Briones Alonso & Lara Cockx & Jo Swinnen, 2017. "Culture and food security," Working Papers Department of Economics 591898, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Elena Briones Alonso & Lara Cockx & Jo Swinnen, 2017. "Culture and food security," Working Papers LICOS Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance 591898, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, LICOS Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance.
- Elena Briones Alonso & Lara Cockx & Johan Swinnen, 2017. "Culture and Food Security," Working Papers id:12061, eSocialSciences.
- repec:eee:jfpoli:v:74:y:2018:i:c:p:100-116 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lee, Melissa M. & Izama, Melina Platas, 2015. "Aid Externalities: Evidence from PEPFAR in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 281-294.
- Sinyolo, Sikhulumile & Mudhara, Maxwell & Wale, Edilegnaw, 2016. "To what extent does dependence on social grants affect smallholder farmers’ incentives to farm? Evidence from KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 1-12.
- repec:arp:ijefrr:2017:p:257-271 is not listed on IDEAS
- Goytom Abraha Kahsay & Workineh Asmare Kassie & Abebe Damte Beyene & Lars Gårn Hansen, 2017. "Do public works programs crowd-out pro-environmental behavior? Empirical evidence from food-for-work programs in Ethiopia," IFRO Working Paper 2017/13, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Christopher B. Barrett, 2006. "Food Aid as Part of a Coherent Strategy to Advance Food Security Objectives," Working Papers 06-09, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- repec:eee:epplan:v:68:y:2018:i:c:p:210-217 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsfood aid; aid effectiveness; dependency; disincentives; trade distortions.change; market-based mechanisms.;
- F35 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Aid
- O19 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - International Linkages to Development; Role of International Organizations
- Q17 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agriculture in International Trade
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fao:wpaper:0605. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gustavo Anríquez). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/faoooit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.