Food aid, domestic policy and food security: Contrasting experiences from South Asia and sub-Saharan Africa
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Quisumbing, Agnes R., 2003.
"Food aid and child nutrition in rural Ethiopia,"
FCND discussion papers
158, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Dercon, Stefan & Krishnan, Pramila, 2003.
"Food Aid and Informal Insurance,"
WIDER Working Paper Series
009, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 2002.
"Is India's economic growth leaving the poor behind?,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2846, The World Bank.
- Gaurav Datt & Martin Ravallion, 2002. "Is India's Economic Growth Leaving the Poor Behind?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(3), pages 89-108, Summer.
- Del Ninno, Carlo & Dorosh, Paul A. & Smith, Lisa C., 2003. "Public Policy, Markets and Household Coping Strategies in Bangladesh: Avoiding a Food Security Crisis Following the 1998 Floods," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1221-1238, July.
- S. Mahendra Dev, 2003. "Right to food in India," Centre for Economic and Social Studies, Hyderabad Working Papers 50, Centre for Economic and Social Studies, Hyderabad, India.
- Tschirley, David L. & Nijhoff, Jan J. & Arlindo, Pedro & Mwiinga, Billy & Weber, Michael T. & Jayne, Thomas S., 2006. "Anticipating and Responding to Drought Emergencies in Southern Africa: Lessons from the 2002-2003 Experience," Food Security International Development Working Papers 54564, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Ninno, Carlo del & Dorosh, Paul A., 2001.
"Averting a food crisis: private imports and public targeted distribution in Bangladesh after the 1998 flood,"
Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists,
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 25(2-3), September.
- del Ninno, Carlo & Dorosh, Paul A., 2001. "Averting a food crisis: private imports and public targeted distribution in Bangladesh after the 1998 flood," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 25(2-3), pages 337-346, September.
- Jayne, T. S. & Strauss, John & Yamano, Takashi & Molla, Daniel, 2001. "Giving to the Poor? Targeting of Food Aid in Rural Ethiopia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 887-910, May.
- James Levinsohn & Margaret McMillan, 2007.
"Does Food Aid Harm the Poor? Household Evidence from Ethiopia,"
in: Globalization and Poverty, pages 561-598
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Levinsohn & Margaret McMillan, 2005. "Does Food Aid Harm the Poor? Household Evidence from Ethiopia," NBER Working Papers 11048, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Webb, Patrick & von Braun, Joachim & Yohannes, Yisehac, 1992. "Famine in Ethiopia: policy implications of coping failure at national and household levels," Research reports 92, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Yamano, Takashi & Alderman, Harold & Christiaensen, Luc J.M., 2003.
"Child Growth, Shocks, And Food Aid In Rural Ethiopia,"
2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa
25838, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Takashi Yamano & Harold Alderman & Luc Christiaensen, 2005. "Child Growth, Shocks, and Food Aid in Rural Ethiopia," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(2), pages 273-288.
- Takashi Yamano & Harold Alderman & Luc Christiaensen, 2003. "Child growth, shocks, and food aid in rural Ethiopia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3128, The World Bank.
- Clay, Daniel C. & Molla, Daniel & Habtewold, Debebe, 1999. "Food aid targeting in Ethiopia: A study of who needs it and who gets it," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 391-409, August.
- Jayne, T. S. & Jones, Stephen, 1997. "Food marketing and pricing policy in Eastern and Southern Africa: A survey," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(9), pages 1505-1527, September.
- Dorosh, Paul & Ninno, Carlo del & Sahn, David E., 1995.
"Poverty alleviation in Mozambique: a multi-market analysis of the role of food aid,"
Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists,
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 13(2), November.
- Dorosh, Paul & del Ninno, Carlo & Sahn, David E., 1995. "Poverty alleviation in Mozambique: a multi-market analysis of the role of food aid," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 13(2), pages 89-99, November.
- Abdulai, Awudu & Barrett, Christopher B. & Hoddinott, John, 2005. "Does food aid Really have disincentive effects? New evidence from sub-Saharan Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1689-1704, October.
- Smith, James W. & Subbarao, Kalanidhi, 2003. "What role for safety net transfers in very low income countries?," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 25605, The World Bank.
- Dorosh, Paul A., 2001. "Trade Liberalization and National Food Security: Rice Trade between Bangladesh and India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 673-689, April.
- Edward J. Clay, 2003. "Responding to Change: WFP and the Global Food Aid System," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 21(5-6), pages 697-709, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:32:y:2007:i:4:p:413-435. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.