Public Policy, Markets and Household Coping Strategies in Bangladesh: Avoiding a Food Security Crisis Following the 1998 Floods
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pitt, Mark M, 1983. "Food Preferences and Nutrition in Rural Bangladesh," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 65(1), pages 105-114, February.
- Strauss, J. & Thonas, D., 1990. "The Shape Of The Calorie-Expenditure Curve," Papers 595, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Subramanian, Shankar & Deaton, Angus, 1996. "The Demand for Food and Calories," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(1), pages 133-162, February.
- del Ninno, Carlo & Dorosh, Paul A., 2001. "Averting a food crisis: private imports and public targeted distribution in Bangladesh after the 1998 flood," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 25(2-3), pages 337-346, September.
- Dorosh, Paul A., 2001. "Trade Liberalization and National Food Security: Rice Trade between Bangladesh and India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 673-689, April.
- Franque Grimard, 1996. "Does the Poor’s Consumption of Calories Respond to Changes in Income? Evidence from Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 35(3), pages 257-283.
- Ravallion, Martin, 1985. "The Performance of Rice Markets in Bangladesh during the 1974 Famine," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 95(377), pages 15-29, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- del Ninno, Carlo & Dorosh, Paul A. & Smith, Lisa C., 2003.
"Public policy, food markets, and household coping strategies in Bangladesh,"
156, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- del Ninno, Carlo & Dorosh, Paul A. & Smith, Lisa C., 2003. "Public policy, food markets, and household coping strategies in Bangladesh," FCND discussion papers 156, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Salois, Matthew & Tiffin, Richard & Balcombe, Kelvin, 2010. "Calorie and Nutrient Consumption as a Function of Income: A Cross-Country Analysis," MPRA Paper 24726, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nilanjana Roy, 2001. "A semiparametric analysis of calorie response to income change across income groups and gender," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 93-109.
- San Ahmed, Arsalan & Holloway, Garth John, 2017. "Calories, conflict and correlates: Redistributive food security in post-conflict Iraq," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 89-99.
- Adebayo B. Aromolaran, 2004. "Intra-Household Redistribution of Income and Calorie Consumption in South-Western Nigeria," Working Papers 890, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Marta Ruiz-Arranz & Benjamin Davis & Marco Stampini & Paul Winters & Sudhanshu Handa, 2002.
"More Calories or More Diversity? An econometric evaluation of the impact of the PROGRESA and PROCAMPO transfer programmes on food security in rural Mexico,"
02-09, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Ruiz -Arranz, Marta & Davis, Benjamin & Stampini, Marco & Winters, Paul & Handa, Sudhanshu, 2002. "More calories or more diversity? An econometric evaluation of the impact of the PROGRESA and PROCAMPO transfer programs on food security in rural Mexico," ESA Working Papers 289105, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Agricultural Development Economics Division (ESA).
- Tankari, Mahamadou R., 2014.
"L’élasticité calorie-revenu est-elle faible au Niger ?,"
Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement, Editions NecPlus, vol. 95(04), pages 473-491, December.
- Tankari, Mahamadou R., 2014. "L’élasticité calorie-revenu est-elle faible au Niger ?," Review of Agricultural and Environmental Studies - Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement (RAEStud), Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique (INRA), vol. 95(4).
- Mahamadou R Tankari, 2014. "L’élasticité calorie-revenu est-elle faible au Niger ?," Review of Agricultural and Environmental Studies - Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement, INRA Department of Economics, vol. 95(4), pages 473-491.
- Mahamadou Roufahi TANKARI, 2013. "L’élasticité calorie-revenu est-elle faible au Niger ?," Working Papers 2012-2013_6, CATT - UPPA - Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour, revised May 2013.
- Mahamadou Roufahi Tankari, 2014. "L’élasticité calorie revenu est-elle faible au Niger ?," Post-Print hal-01885234, HAL.
- Higgins, Paul A & Alderman, Harold & DEC, 1992. "Labor and women's nutrition : a study of energy expenditure, fertility, and nutritional status in Ghana," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1009, The World Bank.
- Emmanuel Skoufias & Vincenzo Di Maro & Teresa González‐Cossío & Sonia Rodríguez Ramírez, 2009. "Nutrient consumption and household income in rural Mexico," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 40(6), pages 657-675, November.
- Santeramo, Fabio Gaetano & Shabnam, Nadia, 2015. "The income-elasticity of calories, macro and micro nutrients: What is the literature telling us?," MPRA Paper 63754, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- De Zhou & Xiaohua Yu, 2015.
"Calorie Elasticities with Income Dynamics: Evidence from the Literature,"
Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 37(4), pages 575-601.
- Zhou, De & Yu, Xiaohua, 2014. "Calorie Elasticities with Income Dynamics: Evidence from the Literature," GlobalFood Discussion Papers 168529, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Nolan Miller & Robert Jensen, 2015. "Do Consumer Price Subsidies Really Improve Nutrition?," Working Papers id:7494, eSocialSciences.
- Jorge Valero-Gil & Magali Valero, 2013. "Nutritional Intake and Poverty in Mexico: 1984--2010," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(10), pages 1375-1396, October.
- Biswabhusan Bhuyan & Bimal Kishore Sahoo & Damodar Suar, 2020. "Quantile Regression Analysis of Predictors of Calorie Demand in India: An Implication for Sustainable Development Goals," Journal of Quantitative Economics, Springer;The Indian Econometric Society (TIES), vol. 18(4), pages 825-859, December.
- Mohammad Ali & Kira M. Villa & Janak Joshi, 2018. "Health and hunger: nutrient response to income depending on caloric availability in Nepal," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 49(5), pages 611-621, September.
- Miquel, Ruth & Laisney, François, 2000. "Consumption and nutrition: age - intake profiles for Czechoslovakia 1989 - 1992," ZEW Discussion Papers 00-63, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Jawara, Hamidou & Thiele, Rainer, 2018. "The nutrient-income elasticity in ultra-poor households: Evidence from Kenya," Kiel Working Papers 2114, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- SK Mishra & JW Lyngskor, 2005.
"Nutritional Aspects of Poverty among Casual Labourer Households in Shillong (India),"
0505011, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- SK Mishra & JW Lyngskor, 2005. "Nutritional Aspects of Poverty among Casual Labourer Households in Shillong (India)," Urban/Regional 0504006, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 24 May 2005.
- Ruth Miquel & François Laisney, 1999. "Consumption and Nutrition:Age - Intake Profiles for Czechoslovakia," Working Papers of BETA 9921, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- David Sahn & Ari Gerstle, 2004. "Child allowances and allocative decisions in Romanian households," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(14), pages 1513-1521.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:31:y:2003:i:7:p:1221-1238. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.