Nutritional Aspects of Poverty among Casual Labourer Households in Shillong (India)
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- SK Mishra & JW Lyngskor, 2005. "Nutritional Aspects of Poverty among Casual Labourer Households in Shillong (India)," Others 0505011, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- SK Mishra & Prasen Daimari, 2005. "Poverty and Inequality in Rural Assam An Indicative Study of Seven Villages in Udalguri Subdivision, Assam (India)," Others 0504007, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Strauss, J. & Thonas, D., 1990. "The Shape Of The Calorie-Expenditure Curve," Papers 595, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Subramanian, Shankar & Deaton, Angus, 1996. "The Demand for Food and Calories," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(1), pages 133-162, February.
- Bouis, Howarth E. & Haddad, Lawrence J., 1992. "Are estimates of calorie-income fxelasticities too high? : A recalibration of the plausible range," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 333-364, October.
- Behrman, Jere R & Deolalikar, Anil B, 1987. "Will Developing Country Nutrition Improve with Income? A Case Study for Rural South India," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(3), pages 492-507, June.
- Mishra, SK & Lyngskor, JW, 2003. "Real Wages of Casual Labourers in Shillong (India)," MPRA Paper 1810, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- SK Mishra & JW Lyngskor, 2005.
"Poverty, Dietary Imbalance and Sickness among Casual Labourer Households in Shillong (India),"
0505004, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- SK Mishra & JW Lyngskor, 2005. "Poverty, Dietary Imbalance and Sickness among Casual Labourer Households in Shillong (India)," Others 0505012, University Library of Munich, Germany.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Hamidou Jawara & Rainer Thiele, 2021.
"The Nutrient-Income Elasticity in Ultra-Poor Households: Evidence from Kenya,"
The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 33(6), pages 1795-1819, December.
- Jawara, Hamidou & Thiele, Rainer, 2018. "The nutrient-income elasticity in ultra-poor households: Evidence from Kenya," Kiel Working Papers 2114, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW Kiel).
- David Sahn & Ari Gerstle, 2004. "Child allowances and allocative decisions in Romanian households," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(14), pages 1513-1521.
- Nilanjana Roy, 2001. "A semiparametric analysis of calorie response to income change across income groups and gender," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 93-109.
- P. J. Dawson & A. I. Sanjuan, 2011. "Calorie consumption and income: panel cointegration and causality evidence in developing countries," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(15), pages 1455-1461.
- Samuel Perlo‐Freeman & Don J. Webber, 2009. "Basic Needs, Government Debt and Economic Growth," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(6), pages 965-994, June.
- Tankari, Mahamadou R., 2014.
"L’élasticité calorie-revenu est-elle faible au Niger ?,"
Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement, Editions NecPlus, vol. 95(04), pages 473-491, December.
- Tankari, Mahamadou R., 2014. "L’élasticité calorie-revenu est-elle faible au Niger ?," Review of Agricultural and Environmental Studies - Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement (RAEStud), Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique (INRA), vol. 95(4).
- Mahamadou R Tankari, 2014. "L’élasticité calorie-revenu est-elle faible au Niger ?," Review of Agricultural and Environmental Studies - Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement, INRA Department of Economics, vol. 95(4), pages 473-491.
- Mahamadou Roufahi TANKARI, 2013. "L’élasticité calorie-revenu est-elle faible au Niger ?," Working Papers 2012-2013_6, CATT - UPPA - Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour, revised May 2013.
- Mahamadou Roufahi Tankari, 2014. "L’élasticité calorie revenu est-elle faible au Niger ?," Post-Print hal-01885234, HAL.
- Gibson, John & Kim, Bonggeun, 2013.
"How reliable are household expenditures as a proxy for permanent income? Implications for the income–nutrition relationship,"
Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 118(1), pages 23-25.
- John Gibson & Bonggeun Kim, 2011. "How Reliable are Household Expenditures as a Proxy for Permanent Income? Implications for the Income-Nutrition Relationship," Working Papers in Economics 11/03, University of Waikato.
- Emmanuel Skoufias & Vincenzo Di Maro & Teresa González‐Cossío & Sonia Rodríguez Ramírez, 2009. "Nutrient consumption and household income in rural Mexico," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 40(6), pages 657-675, November.
- Santeramo, Fabio Gaetano & Shabnam, Nadia, 2015. "The income-elasticity of calories, macro and micro nutrients: What is the literature telling us?," MPRA Paper 63754, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ferda HALICIOGLU, 2012. "The Demand for Calories in Turkey," Iktisat Isletme ve Finans, Bilgesel Yayincilik, vol. 27(316), pages 93-108.
- De Zhou & Xiaohua Yu, 2015.
"Calorie Elasticities with Income Dynamics: Evidence from the Literature,"
Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 37(4), pages 575-601.
- Zhou, De & Yu, Xiaohua, 2014. "Calorie Elasticities with Income Dynamics: Evidence from the Literature," GlobalFood Discussion Papers 168529, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Faiz Ur Rehman & Muhammad Nasir, 2018. "In the Same Boat, but not Equals: The Heterogeneous Effects of Indirect Taxation on Child Health in Punjab-Pakistan," PIDE-Working Papers 2018:158, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Kaushal, Neeraj & Muchomba, Felix M., 2015. "How Consumer Price Subsidies affect Nutrition," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 25-42.
- Mohammad Ali & Kira M. Villa & Janak Joshi, 2018. "Health and hunger: nutrient response to income depending on caloric availability in Nepal," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 49(5), pages 611-621, September.
- Garrett, James L. & Ruel, Marie T., 1999. "Are determinants of rural and urban food security and nutritional status different?," FCND discussion papers 65, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Miquel, Ruth & Laisney, François, 2000. "Consumption and nutrition: age - intake profiles for Czechoslovakia 1989 - 1992," ZEW Discussion Papers 00-63, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Bengtsson, Niklas, 2010.
"How responsive is body weight to transitory income changes? Evidence from rural Tanzania,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 53-61, May.
- Bengtsson, Niklas, 2007. "How responsive is body weight to transitory income changes? Evidence from rural Tanzania," Working Paper Series 2007:20, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- repec:aru:wpaper:200901 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:labchp:v:3:y:1999:i:pb:p:2859-2939 is not listed on IDEAS
- Valero-Gil, Jorge & Valero, Magali, 2018. "Calories and poverty during a prolonged crisis," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 56-69.
- Colen, L. & Melo, P.C. & Abdul-Salam, Y. & Roberts, D. & Mary, S. & Gomez Y Paloma, S., 2018. "Income elasticities for food, calories and nutrients across Africa: A meta-analysis," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 116-132.
- Senauer, Benjamin & Roe, Terry L., 1997.
"Food Security And The Household,"
14452, University of Minnesota, Center for International Food and Agricultural Policy.
- Senauer, Ben & Roe, Terry, 1997. "Food Security and the Household," 1997 Conference, August 10-16, 1997, Sacramento, California 197031, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
KeywordsPoverty; Shillong; Meghalaya; India; Nutritional intakes; carbohydrate; protein; fat; calorie; income elasticity; malnutrition;
All these keywords.
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CWA-2005-04-30 (Central & Western Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpur:0504006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: EconWPA (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.