The Demand for Calories in Turkey
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- John Strauss & Duncan Thomas, 1998. "Health, Nutrition, and Economic Development," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(2), pages 766-817, June.
- Ahmet AY & Pınar YARDIMCI, 2007. "Türkiye’de içsel ekonomik büyüme ve teknolojik gelişmede dış ticaret ve beşeri sermayenin rolü (1963-2002): Pesaran’ın sınır testi ile bir eş-bütünleşme analizi," Iktisat Isletme ve Finans, Bilgesel Yayincilik, vol. 22(252), pages 99-115.
- Nilgün ÇİL YAVUZ & Burak GÜRİŞ & Burcu KIRAN, 2010. "Reel döviz kurunun dış ticaret dengesine etkisi: Türkiye için Marshall-Lerner koşulunun testi," Iktisat Isletme ve Finans, Bilgesel Yayincilik, vol. 25(287), pages 69-90.
- Subramanian, Shankar & Deaton, Angus, 1996. "The Demand for Food and Calories," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(1), pages 133-162, February.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-1072, June.
- J. Gibson & S. Rozelle, 2002.
"How Elastic is Calorie Demand? Parametric, Nonparametric, and Semiparametric Results for Urban Papua New Guinea,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(6), pages 23-46.
- Gibson, John & Rozelle, Scott, 2000. "How Elastic Is Calorie Demand? Parametric, Nonparametric, And Semiparametric Results For Urban Papua New Guinea," Working Papers 11961, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Strauss, John, 1986. "Does Better Nutrition Raise Farm Productivity?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(2), pages 297-320, April.
- Zivot, Eric & Andrews, Donald W K, 2002.
"Further Evidence on the Great Crash, the Oil-Price Shock, and the Unit-Root Hypothesis,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 25-44, January.
- Zivot, Eric & Andrews, Donald W K, 1992. "Further Evidence on the Great Crash, the Oil-Price Shock, and the Unit-Root Hypothesis," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 10(3), pages 251-270, July.
- Eric Zivot & Donald W.K. Andrews, 1990. "Further Evidence on the Great Crash, the Oil Price Shock, and the Unit Root Hypothesis," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 944, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "ZIVOT: RATS procedure to perform Zivot-Andrews Unit Root Test," Statistical Software Components RTS00236, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Erman ERBAYKAL & Dilek SÜREKÇİ, 2006. "İhracata dayalı büyüme hipotezinin Türkiye’de 1974-2004 dönemi için sınır (bound) testi yaklaşımı ile incelenmesi," Iktisat Isletme ve Finans, Bilgesel Yayincilik, vol. 21(249), pages 37-45.
- Behrman, Jere R. & Foster, Andrew D. & Rosenzweig, Mark R., 1997.
"The dynamics of agricultural production and the calorie-income relationship: Evidence from Pakistan,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 187-207, March.
- Jere Behrman & Mark Rosenzweig & Andrew D. Foster, "undated". "The Dynamics of Agricultural Production and the Calorie-Income Relationship: Evidence from Pakistan," Home Pages _069, University of Pennsylvania.
- Harris Neeliah & Bhavani Shankar, 2008. "Is nutritional improvement a cause or a consequence of economic growth? Evidence from Mauritius," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 17(8), pages 1-11.
- Halicioglu, Ferda, 2011. "Modeling life expectancy in Turkey," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 2075-2082, September.
- Sims, Christopher A, 1980. "Macroeconomics and Reality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(1), pages 1-48, January.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:17:y:2008:i:8:p:1-11 is not listed on IDEAS
- Richard Tiffin & P. J. Dawson, 2002. "The Demand for Calories: Some Further Estimates from Zimbabwe," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(2), pages 221-232.
- Bouis, Howarth E. & Haddad, Lawrence J., 1992. "Are estimates of calorie-income fxelasticities too high? : A recalibration of the plausible range," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 333-364, October.
- Perron, Pierre & Rodriguez, Gabriel, 2003.
"GLS detrending, efficient unit root tests and structural change,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 1-27, July.
- Elliott, Graham & Rothenberg, Thomas J & Stock, James H, 1996. "Efficient Tests for an Autoregressive Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(4), pages 813-836, July.
- Elliott, Graham, 1999. "Efficient Tests for a Unit Root When the Initial Observation Is Drawn from Its Unconditional Distribution," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 40(3), pages 767-783, August.
- Graham Elliott & Thomas J. Rothenberg & James H. Stock, 1992. "Efficient Tests for an Autoregressive Unit Root," NBER Technical Working Papers 0130, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "ERSTEST: RATS procedure to perform Elliott-Rothenberg-Stock unit root tests," Statistical Software Components RTS00066, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "GLSDETREND: RATS procedure to perform local to unity GLS detrending," Statistical Software Components RTS00077, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Strauss, John, 1984. "Joint determination of food consumption and production in rural Sierra Leone : Estimates of a household-firm model," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 77-103.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1976. "The Efficiency Wage Hypothesis, Surplus Labour, and the Distribution of Income in L.D.C.s," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(2), pages 185-207, July.
- Sahn, David E. & Alderman, Harold, 1988. "The effects of human capital on wages, and the determinants of labor supply in a developing country," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 157-183, September.
- Halicioglu, Ferda, 2008. "An Econometric Analysis of Aggregate Outbound Tourism Demand of Turkey," MPRA Paper 6765, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2008.
- José M. Gil & Azucena Gracia & Ana M. Angulo, 2001. "articles: Calorie intake and income elasticities in EU countries: A convergence analysis using cointegration," Papers in Regional Science, Springer;Regional Science Association International, vol. 80(2), pages 165-187.
- Behrman, Jere R & Deolalikar, Anil B, 1987. "Will Developing Country Nutrition Improve with Income? A Case Study for Rural South India," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(3), pages 492-507, June.
- P. J. Dawson, 1997. "The demand for calories in developing countries," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(3), pages 361-369.
- Ogundari, Kolawole, 2011. "Estimating Demand for Nutrients in Nigeria: A Vector Error Correction Model," MPRA Paper 28930, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paresh Kumar Narayan, 2005. "The saving and investment nexus for China: evidence from cointegration tests," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(17), pages 1979-1990.
- Ferda Halicioglu, 2007.
"A Multivariate Causality Analysis of Export and Growth for Turkey,"
EERI Research Paper Series
EERI_RP_2007_05, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Halicioglu, Ferda, 2007. "A Multivariate Causality Analysis of Export and Growth for Turkey," MPRA Paper 3565, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- P. J. Dawson & A. I. Sanjuan, 2011. "Calorie consumption and income: panel cointegration and causality evidence in developing countries," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(15), pages 1455-1461.
- William E. Cole, 1971. "Investment in Nutrition as a Factor in the Economic Growth of Developing Countries," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 47(2), pages 139-149.
- Philip J. Dawson & Richard Tiffin, 1998. "Estimating the Demand for Calories in India," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(3), pages 474-481.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ogundari, Kolawole & Aromolaran, Adebayo, 2016. "On the causal relationship between nutrition and economic Growth: Evidence from sub-Saharan Africa," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235352, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Halicioglu, Ferda & Ketenci, Natalya, 2016. "The impact of international trade on environmental quality: The case of transition countries," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 1130-1138.
- Halicioglu, Ferda & Ketenci, Natalya, 2015. "The impact of international trade on environmental quality in transition countries: evidence from time series data during 1991-2013," MPRA Paper 71097, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2015.
- Phiri, Andrew & Dube, Wisdom, 2014. "Nutrition and economic growth in South Africa: A momentum threshold autoregressive (MTAR) approach," MPRA Paper 52950, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsCalorie intake; Cointegration; Granger-causality; Turkey;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- D10 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - General
- E20 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iif:iifjrn:v:27:y:2012:i:316:p:93-108. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ali Bilge). General contact details of provider: http://iif.com.tr .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.