Evaluation and Program Planning
2015, Volume 52, Issue C
- 1-9 Evaluation of competence-based teaching in higher education: From theory to practice
by Bergsmann, Evelyn & Schultes, Marie-Therese & Winter, Petra & Schober, Barbara & Spiel, Christiane
- 19-26 Participatory evaluation of a community–academic partnership to inform capacity-building and sustainability
by Simmons, Vani Nath & Klasko, Lynne B. & Fleming, Khaliah & Koskan, Alexis M. & Jackson, Nia T. & Noel-Thomas, Shalewa & Luque, John S. & Vadaparampil, Susan T. & Lee, Ji-Hyun & Quinn, Gwendolyn P. & Britt, Lounell & Waddell, Rhondda & Meade, Cathy D. & Gwede, Clement K.
- 27-38 A large-scale initiative to disseminate an evidence-based drug abuse prevention program in Italy: Lessons learned for practitioners and researchers
by Velasco, Veronica & Griffin, Kenneth W. & Antichi, Mariella & Celata, Corrado
- 39-49 Application of theory-based evaluation for the critical analysis of national biofuel policy: A case study in Malaysia
by Abdul-Manan, Amir F.N. & Baharuddin, Azizan & Chang, Lee Wei
- 50-60 Evaluation of a youth agency's supervision practices: A mixed-method approach
by Gosselin, Julie & Valiquette-Tessier, Sophie-Claire & Vandette, Marie-Pier & Romano, Elisa
- 61-69 A theory-based evaluation of a community-based funding scheme in a disadvantaged suburban city area
by Hickey, Gráinne & McGilloway, Sinead & O’Brien, Morgan & Leckey, Yvonne & Devlin, Maurice
- 70-77 Using intervention-oriented evaluation to diagnose and correct students’ persistent climate change misconceptions: A Singapore case study
by Pascua, Liberty & Chang, Chew-Hung
- 78-84 Policy recommendations for rare disease centres of expertise
by Syed, Ahmed M. & Camp, Rob & Mischorr-Boch, Christina & Houÿez, Francois & Aro, Arja R.
- 85-95 Home for now: A mixed-methods evaluation of a short-term housing support program for homeless families
by Meschede, Tatjana & Chaganti, Sara
- 96-106 Cost analysis of long-term outcomes of an urban mental health court
by Kubiak, Sheryl & Roddy, Juliette & Comartin, Erin & Tillander, Elizabeth
- 107-117 Can a workbook work? Examining whether a practitioner evaluation toolkit can promote instrumental use
by Campbell, Rebecca & Townsend, Stephanie M. & Shaw, Jessica & Karim, Nidal & Markowitz, Jenifer
- 118-125 The power of the context map: Designing realistic outcome evaluation strategies and other unanticipated benefits
by Renger, Ralph & Foltysova, Jirina & Becker, Karin L. & Souvannasacd, Eric
- 126-132 Training and capacity building evaluation: Maximizing resources and results with Success Case Method
by Medina, L. & Acosta-Pérez, E. & Velez, C. & Martínez, G. & Rivera, M. & Sardiñas, L. & Pattatucci, A.
- 133-141 The Father Friendly Initiative within Families: Using a logic model to develop program theory for a father support program
by Gervais, Christine & de Montigny, Francine & Lacharité, Carl & Dubeau, Diane
- 142-147 Demystifying reflective practice: Using the DATA model to enhance evaluators’ professional activities
by Smith, Tiffany L. & Barlow, Patrick B. & Peters, John M. & Skolits, Gary J.
- 148-158 Monitoring and evaluating transition and sustainability of donor-funded programs: Reflections on the Avahan experience
by Bennett, Sara & Ozawa, Sachiko & Rodriguez, Daniela & Paul, Amy & Singh, Kriti & Singh, Suneeta
- 159-168 Development of an educational intervention to promote healthy eating and physical activity in Mexican school-age children
by Amaya-Castellanos, Claudia & Shamah-Levy, Teresa & Escalante-Izeta, Ericka & Morales-Ruán, María del Carmen & Jiménez-Aguilar, Alejandra & Salazar-Coronel, Araceli & Uribe-Carvajal, Rebeca & Amaya-Castellanos, Alejandra
- 169-175 Analysis of perception of training in graduates of the Faculty of Medicine at Universidad de Castilla-Mancha
by González Mirasol, Esteban & Gómez García, Mª Teresa & Lobo Abascal, Paloma & Moreno Selva, Rocio & Fuentes Rozalén, Ana Mª & González Merlo, Gaspar
- 176-181 Implementation and evaluation of an Exercise is Medicine™ on campus week
by Bopp, Melissa & Bopp, Christopher M. & Duffey, Michele L. & Ganim, Rebecca & Proctor, David N.
- 182-188 Early assessment of implementing evidence-based brief therapy interventions among secondary service psychiatric therapists
by Lindholm, Lars H. & Koivukangas, Antti & Lassila, Antero & Kampman, Olli
- 189-197 Achieving successful evidence-based practice implementation in juvenile justice: The importance of diagnostic and evaluative capacity
by Walker, Sarah Cusworth & Bumbarger, Brian K. & Phillippi, Stephen W.
- 198-204 Use of evidence-based substance use treatment practices in Mississippi
by Robertson, Angela & Walker, Courtney S. & Stovall, Mark & McCluskey, Lee
2015, Volume 51, Issue C
- 1-3 Gender-based health interventions in the United States: An overview of the coalition for healthier community initiative
by Alexander, Stephanie & Walker, Elaine M.
- 4-7 Evaluation considerations for community-based gender-informed health interventions
by Walker, Elaine M.
- 8-16 A gender-based approach to developing a healthy lifestyle and healthy weight intervention for diverse Utah women
by Simonsen, Sara E. & Digre, Kathleen B. & Ralls, Brenda & Mukundente, Valentine & Davis, France A. & Rickard, Sylvia & Tavake-Pasi, Fahina & Napia, Eru (Ed) & Aiono, Heather & Chirpich, Meghan & Stark, Louisa A. & Sunada, Grant & Keen, Kassy & Johnston, Leanne & Frost, Caren J. & Varner, Michael W. & Alder, Stephen C.
- 17-26 Collaborating for consensus: Considerations for convening Coalition stakeholders to promote a gender-based approach to addressing the health needs of sex workers
by Silverman, Basha & Champney, Joanna & Steber, Sara-Ann & Zubritsky, Cynthia
- 27-34 Application of a gender-based approach to conducting a community health assessment for rural women in Southern Illinois
by Zimmermann, Kristine & Khare, Manorama M. & Wright, Cherie & Hasler, Allison & Kerch, Sarah & Moehring, Patricia & Geller, Stacie
- 35-44 Evidence from the field: Findings on issues related to planning, implementing and evaluating gender-based programs
by Kowalczyk, Shelly & Randolph, Suzanne & Stokes, Shereitte & Winston, Stefanie
- 45-52 Using gender-based analyses to understand physical inactivity among women in Yellowstone County, Montana
by Duin, Diane K. & Golbeck, Amanda L. & Keippel, April Ennis & Ciemins, Elizabeth & Hanson, Hillary & Neary, Tracy & Fink, Heather
- 53-58 Building effective partnerships to improve birth outcomes by reducing obesity: The B’more Fit for healthy babies coalition of Baltimore
by Truiett-Theodorson, Robin & Tuck, Stacey & Bowie, Janice V. & Summers, Amber C. & Kelber-Kaye, Jodi
- 59-62 A gender-informed model to train community health workers in maternal mental health
by Smith, Megan V. & Kruse-Austin, Anna
- 63-69 Utilizing findings from a gender-based analysis to address chronic disease prevention and management among African-American women in a Michigan community
by Lombard, Wendy & Burke, Jodi & Waddell, Sandra & Franke, Arthur
- 70-77 Exploring the role of gender norms in nutrition and sexual health promotion in a piloted school-based intervention: The Philadelphia Ujima™ experience
by Núñez, Ana & Robertson-James, Candace & Reels, Serita & Jeter, Janay & Rivera, Hilda & Yusuf, Zena & Liu,
- 78-84 Engaging Native Hawaiians and Pilipinos in creating supportive and safe violence-free communities for women through a piloted “talkstory” intervention: Implications for program development
by Shoultz, Jan & Magnussen, Lois & Kreidman, Nanci & Oneha, Mary Frances & Iannce-Spencer, Cindy & Hayashi-Simpliciano, Ronda
- 85-88 Coalition for a Healthier Community: Lessons learned and implications for future work
by Khare, Manorama M. & Núñez, Ana E. & James, Barbara F.
2015, Volume 50, Issue C
- 1-9 Development of an intervention to improve mental health for obstetric fistula patients in Tanzania
by Watt, Melissa H. & Wilson, Sarah M. & Sikkema, Kathleen J. & Velloza, Jennifer & Mosha, Mary V. & Masenga, Gileard G. & Bangser, Margaret & Browning, Andrew & Nyindo, Pilli M.
- 10-17 Transition from the Lactational Amenorrhea Method to other modern family planning methods in rural Bangladesh: Barrier analysis and implications for behavior change communication program intervention design
by Kouyaté, Robin Anthony & Ahmed, Salahuddin & Haver, Jaime & McKaig, Catharine & Akter, Nargis & Nash-Mercado, Angela & Baqui, Abdullah
- 18-25 “Compassion, pleasantry, and hope”: A process evaluation of a volunteer-based nonprofit
by Mye, Sarah C. & Moracco, Kathryn E.
- 26-35 The opportunities and challenges of multi-site evaluations: Lessons from the jail diversion and trauma recovery national cross-site evaluation
by Stainbrook, Kristin & Penney, Darby & Elwyn, Laura
- 36-42 Electronic case management with homeless youth
by Bender, Kimberly & Schau, Nicholas & Begun, Stephanie & Haffejee, Badiah & Barman-Adhikari, Anamika & Hathaway, Jessica
- 43-46 Routine outcome measurement in mental health service consumers: Who should provide support for the self-assessments?
by Gelkopf, Marc & Pagorek-Eshel, Shira & Trauer, Tom & Roe, David
- 47-55 Application of an organizational evaluation capacity self-assessment instrument to different organizations: Similarities and lessons learned
by Bourgeois, Isabelle & Whynot, Jane & Thériault, Étienne
- 56-62 Estimating development cost of an interactive website based cancer screening promotion program
by Lairson, David R. & Chung, Tong Han & Smith, Lisa G. & Springston, Jeffrey K. & Champion, Victoria L.
- 63-76 A critical friend: Monitoring and evaluation systems, development cooperation and local government. The case of Tuscany
by Rossignoli, Serena & Coticchia, Fabrizio & Mezzasalma, Annarosa
- 77-87 Evaluating training context competence of use: Productive and unproductive models of use
by Esposito, Giovanna & Freda, Maria Francesca
- 88-95 Who's who in the crew? Exploring participant involvement in the Active Living Coalition
by Barnes, Priscilla A. & Schaefer, Samantha & Middlestadt, Susan & Knoblock, Heidi
2015, Volume 49, Issue C
- 1-9 Implementing solutions to barriers to on-site HIV testing in substance abuse treatment: A tale of three facilities
by Hood, Kristina B. & Robertson, Angela A. & Baird-Thomas, Connie
- 10-18 A validity assessment of the Progress out of Poverty Index (PPI)™
by Desiere, Sam & Vellema, Wytse & D’Haese, Marijke
- 19-30 Design and development of a film-based intervention about teenage men and unintended pregnancy: Applying the Medical Research Council framework in practice
by Aventin, Áine & Lohan, Maria & O’Halloran, Peter & Henderson, Marion
- 31-40 Putting program evaluation into practice: Enhancing the Girls Just Wanna Have Fun program
by Bean, Corliss N. & Kendellen, Kelsey & Halsall, Tanya & Forneris, Tanya
- 41-49 Is implementation fidelity associated with improved access to care in a School-based Child and Family Team model?
by Gifford, Elizabeth J. & Wells, Rebecca S. & Bai, Yu & Malone, Patrick S.
- 50-62 Implementation of an enhanced probation program: Evaluating process and preliminary outcomes
by Shannon, Lisa M. & Hulbig, Shelia K. & Birdwhistell, Shira & Newell, Jennifer & Neal, Connie
- 63-69 Using a community-based participatory research approach to evaluate resident predictors of involuntary exit from permanent supportive housing
by Bernet, Alice & Warren, Cristina & Adams, Susie
- 70-75 Brief online surveys to monitor and evaluate facilitated peer support groups for caregivers of children with special needs
by Wynter, Karen & Hammarberg, Karin & Sartore, Gina-Maree & Cann, Warren & Fisher, Jane
- 76-85 Piloting online WellnessRx learning modules: Demonstration of developmental evaluation
by Kovacs Burns, Katharina & Gramlich, Leah & Bistritz, Lana & McCargar, Linda & Olson, Karin & Avdagovska, Melita
- 86-97 Understanding the black box: A systematic review of the measurement of the community mobilization process in evaluations of interventions targeting sexual, reproductive, and maternal health
by Altman, Lara & Kuhlmann, Anne K. Sebert & Galavotti, Christine
- 98-105 Does performance management affect nurses’ well-being?
by Decramer, Adelien & Audenaert, Mieke & Van Waeyenberg, Thomas & Claeys, Tine & Claes, Claudia & Vandevelde, Stijn & van Loon, Jos & Crucke, Saskia
- 106-116 Development of an innovative process evaluation approach for the Families Improving Together (FIT) for weight loss trial in African American adolescents
by Alia, Kassandra A. & Wilson, Dawn K. & McDaniel, Tyler & St. George, Sara M. & Kitzman-Ulrich, Heather & Smith, Kelsey & Heatley, VaShawn & Wise, Courtney
- 117-123 Progress in centralised ethics review processes: Implications for multi-site health evaluations
by Prosser, Brenton & Davey, Rachel & Gibson, Diane
- 124-136 Case study of an evaluation coaching model: Exploring the role of the evaluator
by Ensminger, David C. & Kallemeyn, Leanne M. & Rempert, Tania & Wade, James & Polanin, Megan
- 137-148 An in-depth mixed-methods approach to Ryan White HIV/AIDS care program comprehensive needs assessment from the Northeast Georgia Public Health District: The significance of patient privacy, psychological health, and social stigma to care
by Huff, Amber & Chumbler, Neale & Cherry, Colleen O’Brien & Hill, Miranda & Veguilla, Vic
- 153-162 Mortality among a national population sentenced to compulsory care for substance use disorders in Sweden: Descriptive study
by Hall, Taylor & Chassler, Deborah & Blom, Björn & Grahn, Robert & Blom-Nilsson, Marcus & Sullivan, Lisa & Lundgren, Lena
- 163-171 Repeated entries to the Swedish addiction compulsory care system: A national register database study
by Grahn, Robert & Lundgren, Lena M. & Chassler, Deborah & Padyab, Mojgan
- 172-177 Factors associated with work and taking prescribed methadone or buprenorphine among Swedish opiate addicts
by Blom Nilsson, Marcus & Chassler, Deborah & Lundgren, Lena M.
- 178-184 Drop-out from the Swedish addiction compulsory care system
by Padyab, Mojgan & Grahn, Robert & Lundgren, Lena
- 185-191 Register data in the evaluation and program planning of addiction treatment programs: Using Sweden as an example
by Blom, Björn & Dukes, Kimberly A. & Lundgren, Lena & Sullivan, Lisa M.
2015, Volume 48, Issue C
- 1-9 Protocol: Realist synthesis of the impact of unemployment insurance policies on poverty and health
by Molnar, Agnes & O’Campo, Patricia & Ng, Edwin & Mitchell, Christiane & Muntaner, Carles & Renahy, Emilie & St. John, Alexander & Shankardass, Ketan
- 10-20 A diagnostic evaluation model for complex research partnerships with community engagement: The partnership for Native American Cancer Prevention (NACP) model
by Trotter II, Robert T. & Laurila, Kelly & Alberts, David & Huenneke, Laura F.
- 21-30 The participatory design of a performance oriented monitoring and evaluation system in an international development environment
by Guerra-López, Ingrid & Hicks, Karen
- 31-46 The development of education indicators for measuring quality in the English-speaking Caribbean: How far have we come?
by Bowe, Anica G.
- 47-56 Integration or transformation? Looking in the future of Information and Communication Technology in education in Vietnam
by Peeraer, Jef & Van Petegem, Peter
- 57-62 The cost of implementing a jail diversion program for people with mental illness in San Antonio, Texas
by Cowell, Alexander J. & Hinde, Jesse M. & Broner, Nahama & Aldridge, Arnie P.
- 63-74 A multi-level examination of how the organizational context relates to readiness to implement prevention and evidence-based programming in community settings
by Chilenski, Sarah M. & Olson, Jonathan R. & Schulte, Jill A. & Perkins, Daniel F. & Spoth, Richard
- 75-82 The relationship between involvement in and use of evaluation in multi-site evaluations
by Roseland, Denise & Lawrenz, Frances & Thao, Mao
- 83-89 Applying national survey results for strategic planning and program improvement: The National Diabetes Education Program
by Griffey, Susan & Piccinino, Linda & Gallivan, Joanne & Lotenberg, Lynne Doner & Tuncer, Diane
- 92-99 An overview of evidence-based program registers (EBPRs) for behavioral health
by Burkhardt, Jason T. & Schröter, Daniela C. & Magura, Stephen & Means, Stephanie N. & Coryn, Chris L.S.
- 100-116 Comparing rating paradigms for evidence-based program registers in behavioral health: Evidentiary criteria and implications for assessing programs
by Means, Stephanie N. & Magura, Stephen & Burkhardt, Jason T. & Schröter, Daniela C. & Coryn, Chris L.S.
- 117-123 The review of new evidence 5 years later: SAMHSA's National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP)
by Jobli, Edessa C. & Gardner, Stephen E. & Hodgson, Anna B. & Essex, Alyson
- 124-131 Evidence-based programs registry: Blueprints for Healthy Youth Development
by Mihalic, Sharon F. & Elliott, Delbert S.
- 132-136 An integrative approach to evidence based practices
by Claes, Claudia & van Loon, Jos & Vandevelde, Stijn & Schalock, Robert
- 137-148 “They Just Know”: The epistemological politics of “evidence-based” non-formal education
by Archibald, Thomas
- 149-159 Hierarchy of evidence and appraisal of limitations (HEAL) grading system
by Gugiu, P. Cristian
2014, Volume 47, Issue C
- 1-8 Reflections on conducting evaluations for rural development interventions in China
by Luo, Laura Pan & Liu, Lin
- 9-17 Concept mapping and network analysis: An analytic approach to measure ties among constructs
by Goldman, Alyssa W. & Kane, Mary
- 18-25 Process evaluation of a statewide abusive head trauma prevention program
by Shanahan, Meghan & Fleming, Phyllis & Nocera, Maryalice & Sullivan, Kelly & Murphy, Robert & Zolotor, Adam
- 26-34 Sensitivity analyses for clustered data: An illustration from a large-scale clustered randomized controlled trial in education
by Abe, Yasuyo & Gee, Kevin A.
- 35-44 Using the exhibited generalization approach to evaluate a carbon monoxide alarm ordinance
by Chen, Huey T. & Yip, Fuyuen & Lavonas, Eric J. & Iqbal, Shahed & Turner, Nannette & Cobb, Bobby & Garbe, Paul
- 45-53 A framework for monitoring social process and outcomes in environmental programs
by Chapman, Sarah
- 54-63 Improving the oral health of residents with intellectual and developmental disabilities: An oral health strategy and pilot study
by Binkley, Catherine J. & Johnson, Knowlton W. & Abadi, Melissa & Thompson, Kirsten & Shamblen, Stephen R. & Young, Linda & Zaksek, Brigit
- 64-70 Facilitators and barriers to implementation of the AIDES initiative, a social innovation for participative assessment of children in need and for coordination of services
by Dufour, Sarah & Lessard, Danielle & Chamberland, Claire
- 71-81 Policy advocacy and leadership training for formerly incarcerated women: An empowerment evaluation of ReConnect, a program of the Women in Prison Project, Correctional Association of New York
by Pinto, R.M. & Rahman, R. & Williams, A.
- 82-90 Facilitating Lewin's change model with collaborative evaluation in promoting evidence based practices of health professionals
by Manchester, Julianne & Gray-Miceli, Deanna L. & Metcalf, Judith A. & Paolini, Charlotte A. & Napier, Anne H. & Coogle, Constance L. & Owens, Myra G.
- 91-99 Development and feasibility of a sibling intervention for youth in foster care
by Kothari, Brianne H. & McBeath, Bowen & Lamson-Siu, Emilie & Webb, Sara Jade & Sorenson, Paul & Bowen, Hannah & Waid, Jeff & Bank, Lew
2014, Volume 46, Issue C
- 1-9 Process evaluation of “Girls on the Run”: Exploring implementation in a physical activity-based positive youth development program
by Iachini, Aidyn L. & Beets, Michael W. & Ball, Annahita & Lohman, Mary
- 10-16 An assessment of goal-free evaluation: Case studies of four goal-free evaluations
by Youker, Brandon W. & Ingraham, Allyssa & Bayer, Nicholas
- 17-24 Development of a framework to measure health profession regulation strengthening
by McCarthy, Carey F. & Kelley, Maureen A. & Verani, Andre R. & St. Louis, Michael E. & Riley, Patricia L.
- 25-37 Ethical implications of resource-limited evaluations: Lessons from an INGO in the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo
by Ramanath, Ramya
- 38-46 Insights into public export promotion programs in an emerging economy: The case of Malaysian SMEs
by Ayob, Abu H. & Freixanet, Joan
- 47-57 Priority setting for evaluation: Developing a strategic evaluation portfolio
by Spilsbury, M.J. & Norgbey, S. & Battaglino, C.
- 58-71 A six-step protocol to systematic process evaluation of multicomponent cluster-randomised health promoting interventions illustrated by the Boost study
by Aarestrup, Anne Kristine & Jørgensen, Thea Suldrup & Due, Pernille & Krølner, Rikke
- 72-79 Effects of a structural intervention and implementation on physical activity among youth in residential children's homes
by Dominick, Gregory M. & Saunders, Ruth P. & Dowda, Marsha & Kenison, Kelli & Evans, Alexandra E.
- 80-86 Understanding the economic impacts of disruptions in water service
by Heflin, Colleen & Jensen, Jennifer & Miller, Kathleen
- 87-93 Breastfeeding interventions in Kansas: A qualitative process evaluation of program goals and objectives
by Jacobson, Lisette T. & Wetta, Ruth
- 94-102 Teaching teens about sex: A fidelity assessment model for Making Proud Choices
by Cronin, Jacob & Heflin, Colleen & Price, Ashley
- 103-114 Evaluation of a cartoon-based knowledge dissemination intervention on scientific and ethical challenges raised by nutrigenomics/nutrigenetics research
by Lafrenière, Darquise & Hurlimann, Thierry & Menuz, Vincent & Godard, Béatrice
- 115-121 Stimulating program implementation via a Community of Practice: A responsive evaluation of care programs for frail older people in the Netherlands
by Bindels, J. & Cox, K. & Widdershoven, G. & van Schayck, C.P. & Abma, T.A.
- 122-130 Implementation of a journal prototype for pregnant and parenting adolescents
by Bute, Jennifer J. & Comer, Karen & Lauten, Kathryn M. & Sanematsu, Helen Y. & Moore, Courtney M. & Lynch, Dustin & Chumbler, Neale R.
2014, Volume 45, Issue C
- 1-8 Using implementation evaluation to uncover a child neglect prevention program
by Bérubé, Annie & Lafantaisie, Vicky & Dubeau, Diane & Coutu, Sylvain & Caron, Josée & Devault, Annie
- 9-21 Economic analysis of social services for the elderly in Serbia: Two sides of the same coin
by Mihic, Marko M. & Todorovic, Marija Lj. & Obradovic, Vladimir Lj.
- 22-28 Assessing youth policies. A system of indicators for local government
by Planas, Anna & Soler, Pere & Vilà, Montserrat
- 29-41 An evaluation of an Australian initiative designed to improve interdisciplinary collaboration in primary mental health care
by Fletcher, Justine & King, Kylie & Christo, Jo & Machlin, Anna & Bassilios, Bridget & Blashki, Grant & Gibbs, Chris & Nicholas, Angela & Pirkis, Jane
- 42-49 The role of advocacy coalitions in a project implementation process: The example of the planning phase of the At Home/Chez Soi project dealing with homelessness in Montreal
by Fleury, Marie-Josée & Grenier, Guy & Vallée, Catherine & Hurtubise, Roch & Lévesque, Paul-André
- 50-60 Evaluation of partner collaboration to improve community-based mental health services for low-income minority children and their families
by Hamilton, Jane & Begley, Charles & Culler, Ralph
- 61-70 Program theory-driven evaluation science in a youth development context
by Deane, Kelsey L. & Harré, Niki
- 71-81 Evaluating complex community-based health promotion: Addressing the challenges
by Jolley, Gwyneth
- 82-89 Web-based tracking methods in longitudinal studies
by Williams, Izaak L. & O’Donnell, Clifford R.
- 90-101 Social networks as the context for understanding employment services utilization among homeless youth
by Barman-Adhikari, Anamika & Rice, Eric
- 102-109 Staff's perceptions of the use of evidence-based physical activity promotion strategies for promoting girls’ physical activity at afterschool programs: A qualitative study
by Dinkel, Danae & Huberty, Jennifer & Beets, Michael & Tibbits, Melissa
- 110-118 An evidence-based approach to organization evaluation and change in human service organizations evaluation and program planning
by Schalock, Robert L. & Lee, Tim & Verdugo, Miguel & Swart, Kees & Claes, Claudia & van Loon, Jos & Lee, Chun-Shin
- 119-126 Applying complexity theory: A review to inform evaluation design
by Walton, Mat
- 127-139 Evolutionary Evaluation: Implications for evaluators, researchers, practitioners, funders and the evidence-based program mandate
by Urban, Jennifer Brown & Hargraves, Monica & Trochim, William M.
- 140-150 Evaluating the delivery performance of public spending programs from an efficiency perspective
by Pettas, Nikolaos & Giannikos, Ioannis
- 151-156 Right timing in formative program evaluation
by Hall, Jori & Freeman, Melissa & Roulston, Kathy
- 157-163 Along the way to developing a theory of the program: A re-examination of the conceptual framework as an organizing strategy
by Helitzer, Deborah L. & Sussman, Andrew L. & Hoffman, Richard M. & Getrich, Christina M. & Warner, Teddy D. & Rhyne, Robert L.
- 164-170 Process evaluation of an intervention to increase child activity levels in afterschool programs
by Hughey, S. Morgan & Weaver, R. Glenn & Saunders, Ruth & Webster, Collin & Beets, Michael W.
- 171-181 Taking stock of four decades of quantitative research on stakeholder participation and evaluation use: A systematic map
by Daigneault, Pierre-Marc
2014, Volume 43, Issue C
- 1-8 A survey of program evaluation practices in family-centered pediatric rehabilitation settings
by Moreau, Katherine A. & Cousins, J. Bradley
- 9-15 Gender and the relative importance of mental health satisfaction domains
by Robillos, Eliza & Lale, Rachel & Wooldridge, Jennalee & Heller, Richard & Sarkin, Andrew
- 16-26 Early implementation evaluation of a multi-site housing first intervention for homeless people with mental illness: A mixed methods approach
by Nelson, Geoffrey & Stefancic, Ana & Rae, Jennifer & Townley, Greg & Tsemberis, Sam & Macnaughton, Eric & Aubry, Tim & Distasio, Jino & Hurtubise, Roch & Patterson, Michelle & Stergiopoulos, Vicky & Piat, Myra & Goering, Paula
- 27-37 An evaluation of an airline cabin safety education program for elementary school children
by Liao, Meng-Yuan
- 38-47 Qualitative evaluation of a Positive Prevention training for health care providers in Mozambique
by Gutin, Sarah A. & Cummings, Beverley & Jaiantilal, Prafulta & Johnson, Kelly & Mbofana, Francisco & Rose, Carol Dawson
- 48-54 Implementation of a school-wide prevention programme-teachers’ and headmasters’ perceptions of organizational capacity
by Ingemarson, Maria & Rubenson, Birgitta & Bodin, Maria & Guldbrandsson, Karin
- 55-63 Evaluation of an implementation initiative for embedding Dialectical Behavior Therapy in community settings
by Herschell, Amy D. & Lindhiem, Oliver J. & Kogan, Jane N. & Celedonia, Karen L. & Stein, Bradley D.
- 64-72 Developmental evaluation and the ‘Stronger Economies Together’ initiative in the United States
by Honadle, Beth Walter & Zapata, Marisa A. & Auffrey, Christopher & vom Hofe, Rainer & Looye, Johanna
- 73-82 Designing and evaluating a STEM teacher learning opportunity in the research university
by Hardré, Patricia L. & Ling, Chen & Shehab, Randa L. & Herron, Jason & Nanny, Mark A. & Nollert, Matthias U. & Refai, Hazem & Ramseyer, Christopher & Wollega, Ebisa D.
- 83-92 The Czech government scholarship programme for students from developing countries – Evaluation findings and policy reflections
by Němečková, Tereza & Krylova, Petra
- 93-102 Process evaluation methods, implementation fidelity results and relationship to physical activity and healthy eating in the Faith, Activity, and Nutrition (FAN) study
by Saunders, Ruth P. & Wilcox, Sara & Baruth, Meghan & Dowda, Marsha
- 105-117 Developing a methodology to assess the impact of research grant funding: A mixed methods approach
by Bloch, Carter & Sørensen, Mads P. & Graversen, Ebbe K. & Schneider, Jesper W. & Schmidt, Evanthia Kalpazidou & Aagaard, Kaare & Mejlgaard, Niels
- 118-123 Client satisfaction with a new group-based model of case management for supported housing services
by Tsai, Jack & Reddy, Navin & Rosenheck, Robert A.
2014, Volume 42, Issue C
- 1-10 Assessing the feasibility and fidelity of an intervention for women with violent offenses
by Kubiak, Sheryl Pimlott & Fedock, Gina & Tillander, Elizabeth & Kim, Woo Jong & Bybee, Deborah
- 11-20 Evaluating participatory decision processes: Which methods inform reflective practice?
by Kaufman, Sanda & Ozawa, Connie P. & Shmueli, Deborah F.
- 21-31 Process evaluation for a school-based physical activity intervention for 6th- and 7th-grade boys: Reach, dose, and fidelity
by Robbins, Lorraine B. & Pfeiffer, Karin Allor & Wesolek, Stacey M. & Lo, Yun-Jia
- 32-42 Using a participatory evaluation design to create an online data collection and monitoring system for New Mexico's Community Health Councils
by Andrews, M.L. & Sánchez, V. & Carrillo, C. & Allen-Ananins, B. & Cruz, Y.B.
- 43-49 Public health program planning logic model for community engaged Type 2 diabetes management and prevention
by West, Joseph F.
- 50-56 Success and challenges of measuring program impacts: An international study of an infant nutrition program for AIDS orphans
by Sturtevant, Deborah & Wimmer, Jane S.
2013, Volume 41, Issue C
- 1-11 Learning about fishery management: Evaluation of a contextualized responsive evaluation approach
by Kouévi, T.A. & van Mierlo, B. & Leeuwis, C.
- 12-18 Further considerations of evaluation competencies in Taiwan
by Lee, Yi-Fang & Altschuld, James W. & Lee, Lung-Sheng Steven
- 19-30 Usability testing, initial implementation, and formative evaluation of an evidence-based intervention: Lessons from a demonstration project to reduce long-term foster care
by Akin, Becci A. & Bryson, Stephanie A. & Testa, Mark F. & Blase, Karen A. & McDonald, Tom & Melz, Heidi
- 31-37 The impact on taxpayer costs of a jail diversion program for people with serious mental illness
by Cowell, Alexander J. & Hinde, Jesse M. & Broner, Nahama & Aldridge, Arnie P.
- 38-46 An economic evaluation of public programs for internationalization: The case of the Diagnostic program in Spain
by Cansino, José M. & Lopez-Melendo, Jaime & Pablo-Romero, María del P. & Sánchez-Braza, Antonio
- 47-57 Building national M&E systems in the context of changing aid modalities: The underexplored potential of National Evaluation Societies
by Holvoet, Nathalie & Dewachter, Sara
2013, Volume 40, Issue C
- 1-9 An evaluation of a child welfare training program on the commercial sexual exploitation of children (CSEC)
by McMahon-Howard, Jennifer & Reimers, Birthe
- 10-16 An innovative medical and dental hygiene clinic for street youth: Results of a process evaluation
by Rowan, Margo S. & Mason, Melanie & Robitaille, Annie & Labrecque, Lise & Tocchi, Cathy Lambert
- 17-26 The development and use of Provider Profiles at the organizational and systems level
by Gómez, Laura E. & Verdugo, Miguel Ángel & Arias, Benito & Navas, Patricia & Schalock, Robert L.
- 27-41 Evaluating a collaborative IT based research and development project
by Khan, Zaheer & Ludlow, David & Caceres, Santiago
- 42-54 Participation by different stakeholders in participatory evaluation of health promotion: A literature review
by Nitsch, Martina & Waldherr, Karin & Denk, Enrica & Griebler, Ursula & Marent, Benjamin & Forster, Rudolf
- 55-63 Developing a public health policy-research nexus: An evaluation of Nurse Practitioner models in aged care
by Prosser, Brenton & Clark, Shannon & Davey, Rachel & Parker, Rhian
- 64-73 Defining, illustrating and reflecting on logic analysis with an example from a professional development program
by Tremblay, Marie-Claude & Brousselle, Astrid & Richard, Lucie & Beaudet, Nicole
- 74-81 Organizational structure, leadership and readiness for change and the implementation of organizational cultural competence in addiction health services
by Guerrero, Erick G. & Kim, Ahraemi
2013, Volume 39, Issue C
- 1-9 Mixed-methods evaluation in complex programmes: The national reading plan in Portugal
by Costa, António Firmino da & Pegado, Elsa & Ávila, Patrícia & Coelho, Ana Rita
- 10-18 The adaptive nature of implementation practice: Case study of a school-based nutrition education intervention
by Bisset, Sherri & Potvin, Louise & Daniel, Mark
- 19-22 Considering child care and parenting needs in Veterans Affairs mental health services
by Tsai, Jack & David, Daryn H. & Edens, Ellen L. & Crutchfield, Audra
- 23-27 A connectivity model for assessment of HIV transmission risk in injection drug users (IDUs)
by Flaer, Paul J. & Cistone, Peter J. & Younis, Mustafa Z. & Parkash, Jai
- 28-41 Lapses, infidelities, and creative adaptations: Lessons from evaluation of a participatory market development approach in the Andes
by Horton, Douglas & Rotondo, Emma & Paz Ybarnegaray, Rodrigo & Hareau, Guy & Devaux, André & Thiele, Graham
- 42-50 Updating the FORECAST formative evaluation approach and some implications for ameliorating theory failure, implementation failure, and evaluation failure
by Katz, Jason & Wandersman, Abraham & Goodman, Robert M. & Griffin, Sarah & Wilson, Dawn K. & Schillaci, Michael
- 51-56 The cost of implementing a 2-1-1 call center-based cancer control navigator program
by Lairson, David R. & Huo, Jinhai & Ball Ricks, Katharine A. & Savas, Lara & Fernández, María E.
- 57-66 Staff and youth views on autonomy and emancipation from residential care: A participatory research study
by Calheiros, Maria Manuela & Patrício, Joana Nunes & Graça, João
2013, Volume 38, Issue C
- 1-12 Swimming upstream: The challenges and rewards of evaluating efforts to address inequities and reduce health disparities
by Hughes, Dana & Docto, Lindsay & Peters, Jessica & Lamb, Anne Kelsey & Brindis, Claire
- 13-18 Challenges in needs assessment: The Head Start Needs Assessment National Analysis
by Hung, Hsin-Ling & Altschuld, James W.
- 19-27 Going-to-scale with the Early Risers conduct problems prevention program: Use of a comprehensive implementation support (CIS) system to optimize fidelity, participation and child outcomes
by Bloomquist, Michael L. & August, Gerald J. & Lee, Susanne S. & Lee, Chih-Yuan S. & Realmuto, George M. & Klimes-Dougan, Bonnie
- 28-32 Selection of sustainability indicators for health services in challenging environments: Balancing scientific approach with political engagement
by Blanchet, Karl & Girois, Susan
- 33-33 Using logic models to facilitate comparisons of evaluation theory
by Alkin, Marvin C. & Vo, Anne T. & Hansen, Mark
- 34-43 Depicting the logic of three evaluation theories
by Hansen, Mark & Alkin, Marvin C. & Wallace, Tanner LeBaron
- 44-52 Visualizing context through theory deconstruction: A content analysis of three bodies of evaluation theory literature
by Vo, Anne T.
- 53-60 Comparing evaluation activities across multiple theories of practice
by Dillman, Lisa M.
- 61-66 Comparing the intended consequences of three theories of evaluation
by Luskin, Rebecca J.C. & Ho, Timothy
- 67-70 When does a conceptual framework become a theory? Reflections from an accidental theorist
by Cousins, J. Bradley
- 71-73 Logic and evaluation theory
by Greene, Jennifer C.
- 74-76 Logic models and content analyses for the explication of evaluation theories: The case of emergent realist evaluation
by Mark, Melvin M. & Henry, Gary T.
- 77-80 Logic models: A useful way to study theories of evaluation practice?
by Miller, Robin Lin
- 81-88 What can practitioners learn from theorists’ logic models?
by Gargani, John
2013, Volume 37, Issue C
- 1-11 Evaluating health services research capacity building programs: Implications for health services and human resource development
by Levine, Roger & Russ-Eft, Darlene & Burling, Andrea & Stephens, Jennifer & Downey, Joanna
- 12-20 Supporting parenting of infants: Evaluating outcomes for parents and children in a community-based program
by Cerezo, M. Angeles & Dasi, Carmen & Ruiz, Juan Carlos
- 21-30 Assessing fidelity to evidence-based practices in usual care: The example of family therapy for adolescent behavior problems
by Hogue, Aaron & Dauber, Sarah
- 31-42 Costs and benefits of employment transportation for low-wage workers: An assessment of job access public transportation services
by Thakuriah (Vonu), Piyushimita & Persky, Joseph & Soot, Siim & Sriraj, P.S.
- 43-49 Cooks training for Faith, Activity, and Nutrition project with AME churches in SC
by Condrasky, Margaret D. & Baruth, Meghan & Wilcox, Sara & Carter, Chad & Jordan, Jeannette F.
- 50-57 Evaluation of a federally funded workforce development program: The Centers for Public Health Preparedness
by Sobelson, Robyn K. & Young, Andrea C.
- 58-63 Predictors of treatment satisfaction among older adults with anxiety in a primary care psychology program
by Hundt, Natalie E. & Armento, Maria E.A. & Porter, Bennett & Cully, Jeffrey A. & Kunik, Mark E. & Stanley, Melinda
- 64-69 Exploring the impact of a summer sport-based youth development program
by Anderson-Butcher, Dawn & Iachini, Aidyn & Riley, Allison & Wade-Mdivanian, Rebecca & Davis, Jerome & Amorose, Anthony J.
2013, Volume 36, Issue 1
- 1-14 Field trials of a novel toolkit for evaluating ‘intangible’ values-related dimensions of projects
by Burford, Gemma & Velasco, Ismael & Janoušková, Svatava & Zahradnik, Martin & Hak, Tomas & Podger, Dimity & Piggot, Georgia & Harder, Marie K.
- 15-28 The design of a contextualized responsive evaluation framework for fishery management in Benin
by Kouévi, A.T. & Van Mierlo, B. & Leeuwis, C. & Vodouhê, S.D.
- 29-39 Evaluating local food programs: The case of Select Nova Scotia
by Knight, Andrew J.
- 40-48 Concept maps as network data: Analysis of a concept map using the methods of social network analysis
by McLinden, Daniel
- 49-55 Accommodating diverse clients’ needs in evaluation capacity building: A case study of the Tobacco Control Evaluation Center
by Satterlund, Travis D. & Treiber, Jeanette & Kipke, Robin & Kwon, Nicole & Cassady, Diana
- 56-63 Indicators+: A proposal for everyday peace indicators
by Mac Ginty, Roger
- 64-70 Evaluation utilization research—Developing a theory and putting it to use
by Neuman, Ari & Shahor, Neria & Shina, Ilan & Sarid, Anat & Saar, Zehava
- 71-79 An evaluability assessment of a West Africa based Non-Governmental Organization's (NGO) progressive evaluation strategy
by D’Ostie-Racine, Léna & Dagenais, Christian & Ridde, Valéry
- 80-87 The use of evidence-based outcomes in systems and organizations providing services and supports to persons with intellectual disability
by van Loon, Jos H.M. & Bonham, Gordon S. & Peterson, Dale D. & Schalock, Robert L. & Claes, Claudia & Decramer, Adelien E.M.
- 88-96 Research on teacher education programs: Logic model approach
by Newton, Xiaoxia A. & Poon, Rebecca C. & Nunes, Nicole L. & Stone, Elisa M.
- 97-106 Enhancing sibling relationships to prevent adolescent problem behaviors: Theory, design and feasibility of Siblings Are Special
by Feinberg, Mark E. & Sakuma, Kari-Lyn & Hostetler, Michelle & McHale, Susan M.