Food aid to developing countries: A survey
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Orleans, Leo A., 1975. "China's experience on population control: The elusive model," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 3(7-8), pages 497-525.
- Akerlof, George A & Dickens, William T, 1982. "The Economic Consequences of Cognitive Dissonance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 307-319, June.
- Hirschman,Albert O., 1981. "Essays in Trespassing," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521282437, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arndt, Channing & Tarp, Finn, 2001. "Who gets the goods? A general equilibrium perspective on food aid in Mozambique," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 107-119, April.
- Akiko Suwa-Eisenmann & Thierry Verdier, 2007.
"Aid and trade,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 23(3), pages 481-507, Autumn.
- Thierry Verdier & Akiko Suwa-Eisenmann, 2007. "Aid and Trade," Post-Print halshs-00754208, HAL.
- Suwa Eisenmann, Akiko & Verdier, Thierry, 2007. "Aid and Trade," CEPR Discussion Papers 6465, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- SUWA-EISENMANN Akiko & VERDIER Thierry, 2007. "Aid and trade," Research Unit Working Papers 0709, Laboratoire d'Economie Appliquee, INRA.
- Erwin H Tiongson & Benedict J. Clements & Sanjeev Gupta, 2003. "Foreign Aid and Consumption Smoothing; Evidence From Global Food Aid," IMF Working Papers 03/40, International Monetary Fund.
- Zoltan Tiba, 2002. "Food aid for food security - trends and changes in the 1990s," IWE Working Papers 133, Institute for World Economics - Centre for Economic and Regional Studies- Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Simon Maxwell & Deryke Belshaw & Alemayehu Lirenso, 1994. "The Disincentive Effect Of Food-For-Work On Labour Supply And Agricultural Intensification And Diversification In Ethiopia," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(3), pages 351-359.
- Pelletier, David L. & Deneke, Kassahun & Kidane, Yemane & Haile, Beyenne & Negussie, Fikre, 1995. "The food-first bias and nutrition policy: lessons from Ethiopia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 279-298, August.
- Ferrière, Nathalie & Suwa-Eisenmann, Akiko, 2015. "Does Food Aid Disrupt Local Food Market? Evidence from Rural Ethiopia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 114-131.
- repec:eee:deveco:v:130:y:2018:i:c:p:66-83 is not listed on IDEAS
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Maxwell, Daniel G., 2006. "Towards a global food aid compact," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 105-118, April.
- Kiawu, James & Jones, Keithly G, 2013. "Implications of food aid and remittances for West African food import demand," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 8(1), July.
- Donovan, Cynthia & McGlinchy, Megan & Staatz, John M. & Tschirley, David L., 2006. "Emergency Needs Assessments and the Impact of Food Aid on Local Markets," Food Security International Development Working Papers 54566, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Abdulai, Awudu & Barrett, Christopher B. & Hoddinott, John, 2005. "Does food aid Really have disincentive effects? New evidence from sub-Saharan Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1689-1704, October.
- Bezu, Sosina & Holden, Stein, 2008. "Can food-for-work encourage agricultural production?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 541-549, December.
- Tabi, James & Howard, Wayne H. & Phillips, Truman, 1991. "Urbanization and food imports in sub-Saharan Africa," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 6(2), December.
- Abdulai, Awudu & Barrett, Christopher B. & Hazell, Peter, 2004. "Food aid for market development in Sub-Saharan Africa," DSGD discussion papers 5, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Barrett, Christopher B., 2002. "Food Aid And Commercial International Food Trade," Working Papers 14742, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Alix-Garcia, Jennifer & Bartlett, Anne & Saah, David, 2012. "Displaced Populations, Humanitarian Assistance and Hosts: A Framework for Analyzing Impacts on Semi-urban Households," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 373-386.
- Dorosh, Paul A. & Haggblade, Steven, 1997. "Shifting sands: The changing case for monetizing project food aid in Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(12), pages 2093-2104, December.
- White, Howard & Luttik, Joke & DEC, 1994. "The countrywide effects of aid," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1337, The World Bank.
- Colding, Bjorg & Pinstrup-Andersen, Per, 1999. "Denmark's contribution to the world food programme: a success story," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 93-108, February.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:7:y:1979:i:3:p:225-246. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .