Determinants and implications of the growing scale of livestock farms in four fast-growing developing countries:
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rosenzweig, Mark R., 1988. "Labor markets in low-income countries," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 15, pages 713-762 Elsevier.
- Westenbarger, David A. & Letson, David, 1995. "Livestock and Poultry Waste-Control Costs," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 10(2).
- Steven Tadelis & Oliver E.Williamson, 2012. "Transaction Cost Economics," Introductory Chapters,in: Robert Gibbons & John Roberts (ed.), : The Handbook of Organizational Economics Princeton University Press.
- Staal, Steven & Delgado, Christopher & Nicholson, Charles, 1997. "Smallholder dairying under transactions costs in East Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 779-794, May.
More about this item
KeywordsDeveloping countries; Economic aspects; Industrialization; Profit efficiency; Environmental externalities; Smallholder competitiveness; Livestock productivity; Livestock Industrialization; Scaling up;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2008-08-14 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2008-08-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2008-08-14 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-DEV-2008-08-14 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:resrep:157. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .