Horticultural exports of developing countries: past performances, future prospects, and policy issues
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Julio.J. Nogués & Andrzej Olechowski & L. Alan Winters, 2015.
"The Extent of Nontariff Barriers to Industrial Countries' Imports,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Non-Tariff Barriers, Regionalism and Poverty Essays in Applied International Trade Analysis, chapter 2, pages 29-47,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Nogues, Julio J & Olechowski, Andrzej & Winters, L Alan, 1986. "The Extent of Nontariff Barriers to Industrial Countries' Imports," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 1(1), pages 181-199, September.
- Nogues, Julio & Olechowski, Andrezj & Winters, L. Alan, 1985. "The extent of non tariff barriers to industrial countries' imports," MPRA Paper 87378, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Morris Goldstein & Mohsin S. Khan, 2017.
"The Supply and Demand for Exports: A Simultaneous Approach,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: TRADE CURRENCIES AND FINANCE, chapter 2, pages 83-104,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Goldstein, Morris & Khan, Mohsin S, 1978. "The Supply and Demand for Exports: A Simultaneous Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 60(2), pages 275-286, May.
- Normile, Mary Anne & Goodloe, Carol A., 1988. "U.S.-Canadian Agricultural Trade Issues: Implications For The Bilateral Trade Agreement," Staff Reports 278028, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Valdés, Alberto & Zietz, Joachim A., 1980. "Agricultural protection in OECD countries: its cost to less-developed countries," Research reports 21, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Marian E. Bond, 1987. "An Econometric Study of Primary Commodity Exports from Developing Country Regions to the World," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 34(2), pages 191-227, June.
- Maury Bredahl & Andrew Schmitz & Jimmye S. Hillman, 1987. "Rent Seeking in International Trade: The Great Tomato War," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 69(1), pages 1-10.
- Wood, Adrian, 1991.
"Global trends in real exchange rates 1960-1984,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 317-332, April.
- Wood, A., 1988. "Global Trends In Real Exchange Rates, 1960 To 1984," World Bank - Discussion Papers 35, World Bank.
- von Braun, Joachim & Hotchkiss, David & Immink, Maarten D. C., 1989. "Nontraditional export crops in Guatemala: effects on production, consumption, and nutrition," Research reports 73, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Robert M. Stern & Jonathan Francis & Bruce Schumacher, 1976. "Price Elasticities in International Trade," Palgrave Macmillan Books, Palgrave Macmillan, number 978-1-349-03137-5.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Denise Stanley & Sirima Bunnag, 2001. "A new look at the benefits of diversification: lessons from Central America," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(11), pages 1369-1383.
- Joachim Zietz & Alberto Valdés, 1993. "The Growth of Agricultural Protection," NBER Chapters, in: Trade and Protectionism, pages 115-146, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Dunham, 1993. "Crop Diversification and Export Growth: Dynamics of Change in the Sri Lankan Peasant Sector," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 24(4), pages 787-813, October.
- Diaz-Bonilla, Eugenio & Robinson, Sherman & Thomas, Marcelle, 2002. "On boxes, contents, and users: Food security and the WTO negotiations," TMD discussion papers 82, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Rastogi, Siddhartha K., 2012. "Welfare Assessment of SPS Standards: An Empirical Study of Indo-US Mango Trade Case," Agricultural Economics Research Review, Agricultural Economics Research Association (India), vol. 25(2).
- Abdul Ghafoor & Khalid Mushtaq & Abedullah, 2013. "The Export Supply Response ofMangoes: A Cointegration and Causality Analysis," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 18(1), pages 93-116, Jan-June.
- Shah, Deepak, 2007. "Horticultural Exports of Developing Countries: Prospects and Issues," MPRA Paper 3925, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Albert Berry, 2001. "When do Agricultural Exports Help the Rural Poor? A Political-economy Approach," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(2), pages 125-144.
- Deepak Shah, 2008. "Horticultural Exports of Developing Countries: Issues under WTO Regime," Economic Analysis Working Papers (2002-2010). Atlantic Review of Economics (2011-2016), Colexio de Economistas de A Coruña, Spain and Fundación Una Galicia Moderna, vol. 7, pages 1-13, March.
- Sparks, Amy L. & Arnade, Carlos A., 1995. "Chile's Agricultural Diversification," Staff Reports 278797, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Babu, Adventina & van de Meerendonk, Han & Maganga, C., 2008. "Linking Mara Fruits and Vegetable Growers to Serengeti National Park Tourist Hotels Market," 2007 Second International Conference, August 20-22, 2007, Accra, Ghana 52145, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Shah, Deepak, 2007. "Cooperative institutions and horticultural exports in new trade regime," MPRA Paper 3923, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Diaz-Bonilla, Eugenio & Reca, Lucio, 2000. "Trade and agroindustrialization in developing countries: trends and policy impacts," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 23(3), pages 219-229, September.
- McInerney, John & Peston, Lord & Hallam, David & McCorriston, Steve, 1992. "Fair Trade in Bananas?: International trade policies in bananas and proposals to alter existing policies in line with the Single European Market," Department of Agricultural Economics Archive 260466, University of Exeter.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Nadezhda Ivanova, 2007. "Estimation of the Equilibrium Real Exchange Rate in Russia: Trade-Balance Approach," Working Papers w0102, New Economic School (NES).
- Buckley, Katharine C., 1990. "The World Market in Fresh Fruit and Vegetables, Wine, and Tropical Beverages-- Government Intervention and Multilateral Policy Reform," Staff Reports 278348, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Paresh Kumar Narayan, 2008. "Forecasting Fiji's exports and imports, 2003-2020," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 35(12), pages 1005-1016, October.
- Asci, Serhat & Seale, James L. & Onel, Gulcan & VanSickle, John J., 2016. "U.S. and Mexican Tomatoes: Perceptions and Implications of the Renegotiated Suspension Agreement," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 41(1), pages 1-23, January.
- Staehr, Karsten, 2021.
"Export performance and capacity pressures in Central and Eastern Europe,"
International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 165(C), pages 204-217.
- Karsten Staehr, 2020. "Export performance and capacity pressures in Central and Eastern Europe," Bank of Estonia Working Papers wp2020-4, Bank of Estonia, revised 13 Aug 2020.
- Peter G. Warr & Frances Wollmer, 1996.
"The Demand For Ldc Exports Of Primary Commodities: The Case Of The Philippines,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 40(1), pages 37-49, April.
- Warr, Peter G. & Wollmer, Frances, 1996. "The Demand For Ldc Exports Of Primary Commodities: The Case Of The Philippines," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 40(1), pages 1-13, April.
- Ping HUA & YUE, 2001. "Does Comparative Advantage Explain Export Patterns in China?," Working Papers 200108, CERDI.
- Thi Hanh Vu, 2013. "International Export Flows of Vietnam :A Gravity Model Approach," Brussels Economic Review, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles, vol. 56(1), pages 83-108.
- Astorga, Pablo, 2012.
"Mean reversion in long-horizon real exchange rates: Evidence from Latin America,"
Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 1529-1550.
- Pablo Astorga, 2010. "Mean Reversion in Long-Horizon Real Exchange Rates: Evidence from Latin America," Oxford Economic and Social History Working Papers _080, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Katz, Elizabeth G., 1995. "Gender and trade within the household: Observations from rural guatemala," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 327-342, February.
- Martínez-Zarzoso, Inmaculada & Nowak-Lehmann D., Felicitas, 2004. "MERCOSUR-European Union Trade: How important is EU Trade Liberalisation for MERCOSUR's Exports?," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 30, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Hubert Strauß, 2001. "Euroland's Trade with Third Countries: An Estimation Based on NIPA Data," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 70(3), pages 434-449.
- Antônio Salazar P. Brandão & Will J. Martin, 1993.
"Implications of agricultural trade liberalization for the developing countries,"
Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 8(4), pages 313-343, June.
- Brandao, Antonio Salazar P. & Martin, Will J., 1993. "Implications of agricultural trade liberalization for the developing countries," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 8(4), pages 313-343, June.
- Salazar P. Brandao, Antonio & Martin, Will, 1993. "Implications of agricultural trade liberalization for the developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1116, The World Bank.
- Nicolas Berman & Antoine Berthou, 2006.
"Financial market imperfections and the impact of exchange rate movements,"
Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Nicolas Berman & Antoine Berthou, 2006. "Financial market imperfections and the impact of exchange rate movements," Post-Print halshs-00118834, HAL.
- Michael Davenport, 1989. "Imperial Preference Revisited: The European Community and Tropical Products," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 7(4), pages 323-341, December.
- Nektarios A. Michail, 2018. "Estimating a Bilateral J‐curve between the UK and the Euro Area," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 86(6), pages 757-769, December.
- Tschirley, David L. & Flores, Luis & Mather, David, 2010. "Agricultural and Food Security Policy Analysis in Central America: Assessing Local Institutional Capacity, Data Availability, and Outcomes," Food Security International Development Working Papers 93029, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Langhammer, Rolf J. & Hiemenz, Ulrich, 1990. "Regional integration among developing countries: opportunities, obstacles and options," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 416, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Schipmann, Christin & Qaim, Matin, 2009. "Modern Supply Chains and Product Innovation: How Can Smallholder Farmers Benefit?," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51046, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Stephen V. Marks, 2015. "The Asean-China Free Trade Agreement: Political Economy In Indonesia," Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(2), pages 287-306, August.
More about this item
KeywordsHorticultural products industry Developing countries.; Exports Developing countries.;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:resrep:80. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.