Consequences of deforestation for women's time allocation, agricultural production, and nutrition in hill areas of Nepal:
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard H. Day, 1965. "Probability Distributions of Field Crop Yields," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 47(3), pages 713-741.
- Heytens, Paul J., 1986. "Testing Market Integration," Food Research Institute Studies, Stanford University, Food Research Institute, issue 01.
- Paul A. Samuelson, 1972. "The Consumer Does Benefit from Feasible Price Stability," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 86(3), pages 476-493.
- Plato, Gerald & Gordon, Douglas, 1983. "Dynamic Programming and the Economics of Optimal Grain Storage," Agricultural Economics Research, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, issue 1.
- Eaton, David J., 1980. "A Systems Analysis of Grain Reserves," Technical Bulletins 157714, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Gustafson, Robert L., 1958. "Carryover levels for grains: A method for determining amounts that are optimal under specified conditions," Technical Bulletins 157231, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Chambers, Robert, 1978. "Project selection for poverty-focused rural development: Simple is optimal," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 209-219, February.
- Keith C. Knapp, 1982. "Optimal Grain Carryovers in Open Economies: A Graphical Analysis," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 64(2), pages 197-204.
- Willard W. Cochrane, 1980. "Some Nonconformist Thoughts on Welfare Economics and Commodity Stabilization Policy," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 62(3), pages 508-511.
- David Blandford & Seon Lee, 1979. "Quantitative Evaluation of Stabilization Policies in International Commodity Markets," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 61(1), pages 128-134.
- Narayana, N S S & Shah, M M, 1984. "Farm Supply Response in Kenya: Acreage Allocation Model," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 11(1), pages 85-105.
- Quiggin, John C & Anderson, Jock R, 1981. "Price Bands and Buffer Funds," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 57(156), pages 67-73, March.
- Sarris, Alexander H., 1980. "Grain imports and food security in an unstable international market," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 489-504, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ilahi, Nadeem, 2001. "Children's work and schooling - does gender matter? : evidence from the Peru LSMS panel data," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2745, The World Bank.
- Ilahi, Nadeem, 2001. "Gender and the allocation of adult time : evidence from the Peru LSMS panel data," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2744, The World Bank.
- Cheryl Doss, 2015. "Women and Agricultural Productivity: What Does the Evidence Tell Us?," Working Papers 1051, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Bandyopadhyay, Sushenjit & Shyamsundar, Priya & Baccini, Alessandro, 2011. "Forests, biomass use and poverty in Malawi," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(12), pages 2461-2471.
- Duraiappah, Anantha K., 1998. "Poverty and environmental degradation: A review and analysis of the nexus," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(12), pages 2169-2179, December.
- Quisumbing, Agnes R., 1996. "Male-female differences in agricultural productivity: Methodological issues and empirical evidence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(10), pages 1579-1595, October.
- Naidu, Sirisha C., 2013. "Legal exclusions, private wealth and livelihoods: An analysis of work time allocation in protected areas," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 82-91.
- Amacher, Gregory S. & Hyde, William F. & Kanel, Keshav R., 1996. "Household fuelwood demand and supply in Nepal's tarai and mid-hills: Choice between cash outlays and labor opportunity," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(11), pages 1725-1736, November.
- Perrings, Charles, 2014. "Environment and development economics 20 years on," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(03), pages 333-366, June.
- Cecelski, Elizabeth W, 1995. "From Rio to Beijing : Engendering the energy debate," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 561-575, June.
- Thapa, Keshari K. & Bilsborrow, Richard E. & Murphy, Laura, 1996. "Deforestation, land use, and women's agricultural activities in the Ecuadorian Amazon," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(8), pages 1317-1332, August.
- Naidu, Sirisha C., 2011. "Gendered effects of work and participation in collective forest management," MPRA Paper 31091, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gwavuya, S.G. & Abele, S. & Barfuss, I. & Zeller, M. & Müller, J., 2012. "Household energy economics in rural Ethiopia: A cost-benefit analysis of biogas energy," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 202-209.
- A. Markandya, 1998. "Poverty, Income Distribution and Policy Making," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 11(3), pages 459-472, April.
- Templeton, Scott R. & Scherr, Sara J., 1997. "Population pressure and the microeconomy of land management in hills and mountains of developing countries:," EPTD discussion papers 26, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Agarwal, Bina, 1997. "Gender, environment, and poverty interlinks: Regional variations and temporal shifts in rural India, 1971-1991," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 23-52, January.
- Naidu, Sirisha C., 2011. "Rural Livelihoods, Forest Access and Time Use: A Study of Forest Communities in Northwest India," MPRA Paper 31060, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- van 't Veld, Klaas & Narain, Urvashi & Gupta, Shreekant & Chopra, Neetu & Singh, Supriya, 2006. "India's Firewood Crisis Re-examined," Discussion Papers dp-06-25, Resources For the Future.
More about this item
KeywordsWomen agricultural laborers Nepal.; Agricultural productivity Nepal.; Deforestation Economic aspects Nepal.; Women agricultural laborers Time management Nepal.; Women fuelwood gatherers Time management Nepal.; Food supply Nepal.; Natural resource management; Gender; Health and nutrition;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:resrep:69. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.