The changing public role in a rice economy approaching self-sufficiency: the case of Bangladesh
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Morris, Michael & Chowdhury, Nuimuddin & Meisner, Craig, 1996. "Economics of wheat production in Bangladesh," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 541-560, December.
- Rashid, Shahidur, 2002.
"Dynamics of agricultural wage and rice price in Bangladesh,"
MSSD discussion papers
44, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Rashid, Shahidur, 2002. "Dynamics of agricultural wage and rice price in Bangladesh," MTID discussion papers 44, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- P. J. Dawson & P. K. Dey, 2002. "Testing for the law of one price: rice market integration in Bangladesh," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(4), pages 473-484.
- Begum, M.E.A & D'Haese, Luc, 2010. "Supply and demand situations for major crops and food items in Bangladesh," Journal of the Bangladesh Agricultural University, Bangladesh Agricultural University Research System (BAURES), vol. 8.
- Degye, Goshu & Admasu, Shibru & Belay, Kassa, 2009. "Spatial Price Dynamics and Pricing Conduct Of Wheat Markets in Ethiopia," Ethiopian Journal of Economics, Ethiopian Economics Association, vol. 18(2).
- Minten, Bart & Kyle, Steven, 1999. "The effect of distance and road quality on food collection, marketing margins, and traders' wages: evidence from the former Zaire," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 467-495, December.
- Raghbendra Jha & K.V. Bhanu Murthy & Anurag Sharma, 2005. "Market Integration in Wholesale Rice Markets in India," ASARC Working Papers 2005-03, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- Edward Barbier, 1999. "Endogenous Growth and Natural Resource Scarcity," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 14(1), pages 51-74, July.
- Baffes, John & Gautam, Madhur, 2001. "Assessing the sustainability of rice production growth in Bangladesh," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 515-542, October.
- Dorosh, Paul A., 2001. "Trade Liberalization and National Food Security: Rice Trade between Bangladesh and India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 673-689, April.
- Reuveny Rafael, 2001. "Economic Openness As a Goal? The Bigger Picture for the Global System," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-30, January.
- Ellis, Frank & Senanayake, Piyadasa & Smith, Marisol, 1997. "Food price policy in Sri Lanka," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 81-96, February.
- Baffes, John*Gautam, Madhur, 1996. "Is growth in Bangladesh's rice production sustainable?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1666, The World Bank.
- Ahmed, Raisuddin, 1997. "A sluggish demand could be as potent as technological progress in creating surplus in staple production," MTID discussion papers 16, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
KeywordsRice trade Bangladesh.; Rice trade Government policy Bangladesh.; Agricultural policy Bangladesh.;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:resrep:98. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.