Assessing the sustainability of rice production growth in Bangladesh
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Byerlee, Derek & Siddiq, Akmal, 1994. "Has the green revolution been sustained? The quantitative impact of the seed-fertilizer revolution in Pakistan revisited," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(9), pages 1345-1361, September.
- Jock R. Anderson & Philip G. Pardey & Johannes Roseboom, 1994.
"Sustaining growth in agriculture: a quantitative review of agricultural research investments,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 10(2), pages 107-123, April.
- Anderson, Jock R. & Pardey, Philip G. & Roseboom, Johannes, 1994. "Sustaining growth in agriculture: A quantitative review of agricultural research investments," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 10(2), pages 107-123, April.
- Pinstrup-Andersen, Per & Pandya-Lorch, Rajul, 1994. "Enough Food for Future Generations?," Choices: The Magazine of Food, Farm, and Resource Issues, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 9(3), pages 1-4.
- Alauddin, Mohammad & Tisdell, Clem, 1987. "Trends and projections for Bangladeshi food production : An alternative viewpoint," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 318-331, November.
- Boyce, James K., 1987. "Trends and projections for Bangladeshi food production : Rejoinder to M. Alauddin and C. Tisdell," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 332-336, November.
- Faruqee, Rashid, 1995. "Pakistan's agriculture sector : is 3 to 4 percent annual growth sustainable?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1407, The World Bank.
- Morris, Michael L. & Dubin, H. J. & Pokhrel, Thaneswar, 1994. "Returns to wheat breeding research in Nepal," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 10(3), pages 269-282, May.
- Mark W. Rosegrant & Prabhu L. Pingali, 1994. "Policy and technology for rice productivity growth in Asia," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(6), pages 665-688, November.
- Baffes, John*Gautam, Madhur, 1996. "Is growth in Bangladesh's rice production sustainable?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1666, The World Bank.
- Goletti, Francesco, 1994. "The changing public role in a rice economy approaching self-sufficiency: the case of Bangladesh," Research reports 98, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Boyce, James K, 1986. "Kinked Exponential Models for Growth Rate Estimation," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 48(4), pages 385-391, November.
- Bouis, Howarth E., 1993. "Measuring the Sources of Growth in Rice Yields: Are Growth Rates Declining in Asia?," Food Research Institute Studies, Stanford University, Food Research Institute, vol. 22(3), pages 1-26.
- Byerlee, Derek, 1996. "Modern varieties, productivity, and sustainability: Recent experience and emerging challenges," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 697-718, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rahman, Sanzidur, 2003.
"Profit efficiency among Bangladeshi rice farmers,"
Elsevier, vol. 28(5-6), pages 487-503.
- S Rahman, 2002. "Profit Efficiency Among Bangladeshi Rice Farmers," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0203, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Rahman, Sanzidur, 2003. "Profit Efficiency Among Bangladeshi Rice Farmers," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa 25898, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ranjan Roy & Ngai Weng Chan & Stefanos Xenarios, 2016. "Sustainability of rice production systems: an empirical evaluation to improve policy," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 257-278, February.
- Rahman, K M M & Mia, M I & Alam, M A, 2012. "Farm-size-specific technical efficiency: A stochastic frontier analysis for rice growers in Bangladesh," Bangladesh Journal of Agricultural Economics, Bangladesh Agricultural University, vol. 35(1-2).
- Rahman, Sanzidur, 2004. "Regional Productivity Differences And Prospect For Convergence In Bangladesh Agriculture, 1964-1992," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20047, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Asaduzzaman, M. & Anik, Asif Reza, 2017. "Determinants of Adoption of Rice Yield Gap Minimisation Technology in Bangladesh," Bangladesh Development Studies, Bangladesh Institute of Development Studies (BIDS), vol. 40(1-2), pages 73-96, March-Jun.
- Sanzidur Rahman & Ruhul Salim, 2013. "Six Decades of Total Factor Productivity Change and Sources of Growth in Bangladesh Agriculture (1948–2008)," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(2), pages 275-294, June.
- Rahman, S., 2003. "Resource Use Efficiency with Self-Selectivity: An Application of a Switching Regression Framework to Stochastic Frontier Models," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0301, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Sanzidur Rahman, 2011.
"Resource use efficiency under self‐selectivity: the case of Bangladeshi rice producers,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 55(2), pages 273-290, April.
- Rahman, Sanzidur, 2011. "Resource use efficiency under self-selectivity: the case of Bangladeshi rice producers," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 55(2), pages 1-18.
- Rahman, K. M. M. & Mia, M. I. & Ko, Jong-Hwan & Bhuiya, M. K. J., 2012. "Crop-Specific Productivity and Efficiency of Bangladesh Rice Crops and Development Policy," Journal of Rural Development/Nongchon-Gyeongje, Korea Rural Economic Institute, vol. 35(2), pages 1-18, July.
- Yu, Bingxin, 2012. "From Plot to Plate: Linking Agricultural Productivity and Human Nutrition in Bangladesh," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126803, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Simmons, Robert, 2004. "Review of the current contamination status of potentially toxic elements (PTEs) in the Greater Mekong sub-region," Conference Proceedings h038811, International Water Management Institute.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:26:y:2001:i:5:p:515-542. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.