Does FDI bring good jobs to host countries ?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Fomby & Yuki Ikeda & Norman V. Loayza, 2013. "The Growth Aftermath Of Natural Disasters," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(3), pages 412-434, April.
- Loayza, Norman V. & Raddatz, Claudio, 2010.
"The composition of growth matters for poverty alleviation,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 137-151, September.
- Loayza, Norman V. & Raddatz, Claudio, 2006. "The composition of growth matters for poverty alleviation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4077, The World Bank.
- Hallegatte, Stephane & Heal, Geoffrey & Fay, Marianne & Treguer, David, 2011. "From growth to green growth -- a framework," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5872, The World Bank.
- Noy, Ilan, 2009. "The macroeconomic consequences of disasters," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 221-231, March.
- Martin Ravallion & Shaohua Chen & Prem Sangraula, 2007.
"New Evidence on the Urbanization of Global Poverty,"
Population and Development Review,
The Population Council, Inc., vol. 33(4), pages 667-701.
- Ravallion, Martin & Chen, Shaohua & Sangraula, Prem, 2007. "New evidence on the urbanization of global poverty," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4199, The World Bank.
- Masahisa Fujita & Paul Krugman & Anthony J. Venables, 2001. "The Spatial Economy: Cities, Regions, and International Trade," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262561476, October.
- Frank Ellis, 2000. "The Determinants of Rural Livelihood Diversification in Developing Countries," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(2), pages 289-302.
- Robert Gillingham & David Locke Newhouse & David Coady & Kangni R Kpodar & Moataz El-Said & Paulo A Medas, 2006.
"The Magnitude and Distribution of Fuel Subsidies; Evidence from Bolivia, Ghana, Jordan, Mali, and Sri Lanka,"
IMF Working Papers
06/247, International Monetary Fund.
- Kangni Kpodar & David Coady & Moataz El-Said & Robert Gillingham & Paulo Medas & David Newhouse, 2006. "The Magnitude and Distribution of Fuel Subsidies: Evidence from Bolivia, Ghana, Jordan, Mali, and Sri Lanka," Post-Print hal-00130176, HAL.
- Ellis, Frank, 2000. "Rural Livelihoods and Diversity in Developing Countries," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198296966.
- Michael Carter & Christopher Barrett, 2006. "The economics of poverty traps and persistent poverty: An asset-based approach," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(2), pages 178-199.
- World Bank, 2010. "World Development Report 2010," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 4387, January.
- Jonathan Morduch, 1995.
"Income Smoothing and Consumption Smoothing,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 103-114, Summer.
- Morduch, J., 1995. "Income Smoothing and Consumption Smoothing," Papers 512, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- Jonathan Morduch, 1995. "Income Smoothing and Consumption Smoothing," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1727, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- 34. Notable Women researchers on Economics
by Euro American Association EAAEDS in Euro-American Association: World Development on 2018-10-09 19:52:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:4:p:1219-:d:141496 is not listed on IDEAS
- Theodore H. Moran, 2014. "Foreign Investment and Supply Chains in Emerging Markets: Recurring Problems and Demonstrated Solutions," Working Paper Series WP14-12, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Sotiris Blanas & Adnan Seric & Christian Viegelahn, 2017.
"Jobs, FDI and Institutions in Sub-Saharan Africa: Evidence from Firm-Level Data,"
152465485, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Blanas, Sotiris. & Seric, Adnan. & Viegelahn, Christian,, 2017. "Jobs, FDI and institutions in Sub-Saharan Africa evidence from firm-level data," ILO Working Papers 994987491902676, International Labour Organization.
- Thomas Farole, 2016. "Do global value chains create jobs?," IZA World of Labor, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA), pages 291-291, September.
- Mico Apostolov, 2016. "Cobb–Douglas production function on FDI in Southeast Europe," Journal of Economic Structures, Springer;Pan-Pacific Association of Input-Output Studies (PAPAIOS), vol. 5(1), pages 1-28, December.
- repec:kap:jinten:v:15:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10843-017-0205-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Theodore H Moran, 2016. "The Role of Industrial Policy as a Development Tool: New Evidence from the Globalization of Trade-and-Investment," Working Papers id:8423, eSocialSciences.
- Sara Amoroso & Pietro Moncada-Paternò-Castello, 2018.
"Inward Greenfield FDI and Patterns of Job Polarization,"
MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(4), pages 1-20, April.
- Sara Amoroso & Pietro Moncada-Paterno-Castello, 2018. "Inward Greenfield FDI and Patterns of Job Polarisation," JRC Working Papers on Corporate R&D and Innovation 2018-02, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Fritsch, Michael & Changoluisa, Javier, 2017.
"New business formation and the productivity of manufacturing incumbents: Effects and mechanisms,"
Journal of Business Venturing,
Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 237-259.
- Michael Fritsch & Javier Changoluisa, 2014. "New Business Formation and the Productivity of Manufacturing Incumbents: Effects and Mechanisms," Jena Economic Research Papers 2014-025, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Cobbe, Jim, 2014. "Managing Development and Public Policy: A Personal View," MPRA Paper 60427, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yoshimichi Murakami & Nobuaki Hamaguchi, 2017. "Peripherality, Inequality, and Economic Development in Latin American Countries," Discussion Paper Series DP2017-08, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- KODAMA Naomi & Beata S. JAVORCIK & ABE Yukiko, 2016. "Transplanting Corporate Culture across International Borders: FDI and female employment in Japan," Discussion papers 16015, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- repec:eee:epplan:v:68:y:2018:i:c:p:233-242 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsForeign Direct Investment; Labor Policies; Labor Markets; Economic Theory&Research; Microfinance;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-06-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2014-06-28 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-GRO-2014-06-28 (Economic Growth)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:6936. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.