Humboldt-UniversitÃ¤t zu Berlin
Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture
No.4, Volume 53
- The â€˜Five Million Hectare Reforestation Programâ€™ in Vietnam: An Analysis of its Implementation and Transaction Costs - A Case Study in Hoa Binh Province
by Huong, Tran Thi Thu & Zeller, Manfred & Hoanh, Chu Thai
- Blessing or Evil? Contract Farming, Smallholder Poultry Production and Household Welfare in Kenya
by Wainaina, Priscilla W. & Okello, Julius J. & Nzuma, Jonathan M.
- Production Risk, Technology and Market Access in Different Organisational Forms: Evidence from Tatarstan and Oryol
by Gataulina, Ekaterina & Hockmann, Heinrich & Strokov, Anton
No.4, Volume 52
- Determinants of Child Malnutrition: Empirical Evidence from Kombolcha District of Eastern Hararghe Zone, Ethiopia
by Zewdie, Tadiwos & Abebaw, Degnet
- Women, Social Capital and Collective Action â€“ The Case of NERICA Rice Technology in Benin
by Schroeder, Claudia & Zeller, Manfred & Agboh-Noameshie, Afiavi R.
- Soil Degradation, Policy Intervention and Sustainable Agricultural Growth
by Sasmal, Joydeb & Weikard, Hans-Peter
- Food Price Volatility in Developing Countries and its Determinants
by Kornher, Lukas & Kalkuhl, Matthias
No.4, Volume 51
- Quality of Gum Arabic in Senegal: Linking the Laboratory Research to the Field Assessment
by Mujawamariya, Gaudiose & Burger, Kees & Dâ€™Haese, Marijke
- The Patterns of Spread and Economics of a Labor-Saving Innovation in Rice Production: the Case of Direct Seeding in Northeast Thailand
by Pandey, Sushil & Suphanchaimat, Nongluck & Velasco, Ma. Lourdes
- Poverty and Vulnerability Dynamics: Empirical Evidence from Smallholders in Northern Highlands of Ethiopia
by Tsehay, Abrham Seyoum & Bauer, Siegfried
No.4, Volume 50
- The Strengths and Weaknesses of Albaniaâ€™s Customary Rules in Natural Resource Management in the Light of Devolution Policies
by Rama, Klodjan & Theesfeld, Insa
- Rural Employment and Income Effects of a Jatropha Plantation in Madagascar
by Grass, Martin & Zeller, Manfred
- Determinants of Agricultural Technology Adoption: The Case of Improved Pigeonpea Varieties in Tanzania
by Simtowe, Franklin & Kassie, Menale & Diagne, Aliou & Asfaw, Solomon & Shiferaw, Bekele & Silim, Said & Muange, Elijah
- Is Investment in Rice Research in Nepal Adequate and Balanced Across Production Environments? Some Empirical Evidence
by Gauchan, Devendra & Pandey, Sushil
No.4, Volume 49
- Targeting the Poor and Smallholder Farmers Empirical Evidence from Malawi
by Houssou, Nazaire & Zeller, Manfred
- Are Zimbabweâ€™s Fast Track Land Reform Farms more Technically Efficient than Communal Farms?
by Bangwayo-Skeete, Prosper F. & Bezabih, Mintewab & Zikhali, Precious
- Determinants of Food Security among Rural Households of Central Ethiopia: An Empirical Analysis
by Beyene, Fekadu & Muche, Mequanent
- Semi-Subsistence Farming, Farm Income and Social Capital in Bulgaria â€“ Is there a Link?
by Wolz, Axel & Fritzsch, Jana & Shterev, Nikolai & Buchenrieder, Gertrud & Paloma, Sergio Gomez y
No.3, Volume 54
- Explaining Marketing Strategies among Bolivian Potato Farmers
by Larochelle, Catherine & Alwang, Jeffrey
- What Determines Adoption of Fertilizers among Rice-Producing Households in Northern Ghana?
by Wiredu, Alexander Nimo & Zeller, Manfred & Diagne, Aliou
- Examining Returns to Scale in Smallholder Dairy Farms in East Africa
by Gelan, Ayele & Muriithi, Beatrice W.
- Welfare Impacts of Modern Peanut Varieties in China
by Huang, Wu & Zeng, Di & Zhou, Shudong
- The Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture in Historical Perspective
by von Braun, Joachim & BÃ¶rner, Jan
No.3, Volume 53
- Determinants of Awareness and Use ICT-based Market Information Services in Developing-Country Agriculture: The Case of Smallholder Farmers in Kenya
by Okello, Julius J. & Kirui, Oliver K. & Gitonga, Zachary M. & Njiraini, Georgina W. & Nzuma, Jonathan M.
- Cotton Production, Land Use Change and Resource Competition in the Aksu-Tarim River Basin, Xinjiang, China
by Kusi Appiah, Michael & Feike, Til & Wiredu, Alexander Nimo & Mamitimin, Yusanjan
- Estimating the Adoption Rates of Two Contrasting Striga Weeds Control Technologies in Kenya
by Mwangi, Backson & Obare, Gideon A. & Murage, Alice
- Agricultural Production and Economic Growth in Nigeria: Implication for Rural Poverty Alleviation
by Oyakhilomen, Oyinbo & Zibah, Rekwot Grace
No.3, Volume 52
- Impacts of Weather Variability and Climate Change on Agricultural Revenues in Central Asia
by Mirzabaev, Alisher
- Investments of Rural Households in Northeast Thailand and the Future of Small Scale Farming
by Hohfeld, Lena & Waibel, Hermann
- Determinants of Household Demand for Fresh Fruit and Vegetable in Nigeria: A Double Hurdle Approach
by Ogundari, Kolawole & Arifalo, Sadiat Funmilayo
- Approximating Optimal Numerical Solutions to Bio-economic Systems: How Useful is Simulation-optimization?
by BÃ¶rner, Jan & Higgins, Steven I. & Scheiter, Simon & Kantelhardt, Jochen
No.3, Volume 51
- Investments in Kazakhstani Dairy Farming: A Comparison of Classical Investment Theory and the Real Options Approach
by Tubetov, Dulat & Musshoff, Oliver & Kellner, Ulla
- Is ICT in Agricultural Extension Feasible in Enhancing Marketing of Agricultural Produce in Kenya: A Case of Kiambu District
by Nyaga, Elizabeth Kabura
- How Mobile Phones Contribute to Growth of Small Farmers? Evidence from India
by Mittal, Surabhi & Mehar, Mamta
- Technical Efficiency of Irrigated and Rain-Fed Smallholder Agriculture in Tigray, Ethiopia: A Comparative Stochastic Frontier Production Function Analysis
by Gebregziabher, Gebrehaweria & Namara, Regassa E. & Holden, Stein
No.3, Volume 50
- Impact of Improved Rice Technology (NERICA varieties) on Income and Poverty among Rice Farming Households in Nigeria: A Local Average Treatment Effect (LATE) Approach
by Nguezet, Paul Martin Dontsop & Diagne, Aliou & Okoruwa, Victor Olusegun & Ojehomon, Vivian
- Impact Assessment of Livestock Research and Development in West Africa: A Propensity Score Matching Approach
by Liebenehm, Sabine & Affognon, Hippolyte & Waibel, Hermann
- Determinants of Manure and Fertilizer Applications in Eastern Highlands of Ethiopia
by Ketema, Mengistu & Bauer, Siegfried
- Effects of Rural Non-farm Employment on Household Welfare and Income Distribution of Small Farms in Croatia
by MÃ¶llers, Judith & Buchenrieder, Gertrud
No.3, Volume 49
- Optimum replacement period for rubber plantation in Nigeria
by Mesike, Chinye S. & Sagay, Godwin A. & Okoh, Rosemary N.
- Effects of technological progress on consumersâ€™ and producersâ€™ welfare: a case study for Pakistan Punjab
by Arifullah, Shahnaz A. & Ã–nal, Hayri & Chishti, Anwar F.
- Crop diversification decisions: the case of vanilla in Uganda
by Komarek, Adam M.
- Is traditional milk marketing and processing viable and efficient? An empirical evidence from Assam, India
by Kumar, Anjani & Staal, Steven J.
- Global climate change and vulnerability of African agriculture: implications for resilience and sustained productive capacity
by Molua, Ernest L. & Benhin, James K.A. & Kabubo-Mariara, Jane & Ouedraogo, Mathieu & El-Marsafawy, Samia
No.2, Volume 54
- Adoption and Outcomes of Hybrid Maize in the Marginal Areas of India
by Raghu, Prabhakaran T. & Erenstein, Olaf & BÃ¶ber, Christian & Krishna, Vijesh V.
- Characterization and Assessment of Vegetable Production and Marketing Systems in the Humid Tropics of Ethiopia
by Emana, Bezabih & Afari-Sefa, Victor & Dinssa, Fekadu F. & Ayana, Amsalu & Balemi, Tesfaye & Temesgen, Milkessa
- Adoption and Impact of Black Pepper Certification in India
by Parvathi, Priyanka & Waibel, Hermann
- Technical Efficiency in Producing Cashew Nuts in Beninâ€™s Savanna Zone, West Africa
by Degla, Pamphile
- Adoption and Outcomes of Hybrid Maize in the Marginal Areas of India: Annex: Questionnaire
by Raghu, Prabhakaran T. & Erenstein, Olaf & BÃ¶ber, Christian & Krishna, Vijesh V.
No.2, Volume 53
- Official Ethnic Labels and Non-Agricultural Work in Guizhou (China)
by Castro Campos, Bente
- Smallholder Participation in the Commercialisation of Vegetables: Evidence from Kenyan Panel Data
by Muriithi, Beatrice W. & Matz, Julia Anna
- Yield Trend Estimation in the Presence of Farm Heterogeneity and Non-linear Technological Change
by Conradt, Sarah & Bokusheva, Raushan & Finger, Robert & Kussaiynov, Talgat
- Vertical Price Transmission in the International Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Supply Chain: Israeli Grapefruit Exports to the EU after Export Liberalisation
by GÃ¶tz, Linde & von Cramon-Taubadel, Stephan & Kachel, Yael
No.2, Volume 52
- Impact of Mobile Phone-Based Money Transfer Services in Agriculture: Evidence from Kenya
by Kirui, Oliver K. & Okello, Julius J. & Nyikal, Rose A. & Njiraini, Georgina W.
- The Impacts of Wage Employment on a Jatropha Plantation on Income and Food Security of Rural Households in Madagascar â€“ A Panel Data Analysis
by Bosch, Christine & Zeller, Manfred
- Impact of Seed Voucher System on Income Inequality and Rice Income per Hectare among Rural Households in Nigeria: A Randomized Control Trial (RCT) Approach
by Awotide, Bola Amoke & Awoyemi, Taiwo Timothy & Salman, Kabir Kayode & Diagne, Aliou
No.2, Volume 51
- Geographical Indication for Jasmine Rice: Applying a Logit Model to Predict Adoption Behavior of Thai Farm Households
by Ngokkuen, Chuthaporn & Grote, Ulrike
- The Effectiveness of Weather-Based Index Insurance and Area-Yield Crop Insurance: How Reliable are ex post Predictions for Yield Risk Reduction?
by Bokusheva, Raushan & Breustedt, Gunnar
- Conceptualising the Effects of Seasonal Financial Market Failures and Credit Rationing in Applied Rural Household Models
by Dorward, Andrew
No.2, Volume 50
- Increasing Income of Ghanaian Cocoa Farmers: Is Introduction of Fine Flavour Cocoa a Viable Alternative
by Gockowski, James & Afari-Sefa, Victor & Sarpong, Daniel Bruce & Osei-Asare, Yaw B. & Dziwornu, Ambrose K.
- Natural Shocks and Risk Behavior: Experimental Evidence from Cameroon
by Balgah, Roland Azibo & Buchenrieder, Gertrud
- The Brazilian Program of Biodiesel and its â€˜Pro-Poorâ€™ Strategy: Reality or Dream? A Multi-Dimensional Measurement of Poverty using Fuzzy Sets
by Finco, Marcus Vinicius Alves & Doppler, Werner
- Puerto Rican Consumers' Attitude towards Willingness to Pay a Premium for Ethnic Produce: An Econometric Analysis
by Govindasamy, Ramu & Puduri, Venkata S.
No.2, Volume 49
- The relative efficiency of water use in Bangladesh agriculture
by Chowdhury, Nasima Tanveer
- Driving forces in the expansion of enclosure among pastoral and agropastoral herders in Ethiopia
by Beyene, Fekadu
- Institutional and organizational issues in livestock services delivery in Bangladesh
by Uddin, Mohammad Mohi & Huylenbroeck, Guido Van & Hagedorn, Konrad & Sultana, Nadira & Peters, Kurt J.
- Different rangeland management systems to reduce livestock feeding costs in arid and semi-arid areas in Jordan
by Al-Karablieh, Emad K. & Jabarin, Amer S.
No.1, Volume 54
- Governance, Decentralisation and Deforestation: The Case of Central Kalimantan Province, Indonesia
by Suwarno, Aritta & Hein, Lars & Sumarga, Elham
- Transaction Costs on the Ethiopian Formal Seed Market and Innovations for Encouraging Private Sector Investments
by Husmann, Christine
- How Accessibility to Seeds Affects the Potential Adoption of an Improved Rice Variety: The Case of The New Rice for Africa (NERICA) in The Gambia
by Dibba, Lamin & Zeller, Manfred & Diagne, Aliou & Nielsen, Thea
- Technical Efficiency and Productivity Differential Effects of Land Right Certification: A Quasi-Experimental Evidence
by Ghebru, Hosaena & Holden, Stein T.
No.1, Volume 53
- The Effects of Integrated Pest Management Techniques Farmer Field Schools on Groundnut Productivity: Evidence from Ghana
by Carlberg, Eric & Kostandini, Genti & Dankyi, Awere
- Determinants of Income Diversification of Farm Households in the Western Region of Ghana
by Agyeman, Bernard Archibald Senyo & Asuming-Brempong, Samuel & Onumah, Edward Ebo
- Spatial Dimension of Vulnerability to Poverty in Rural Nigeria
by Agbaje, M.A. & Okunmadewa, F.Y. & Oni, O.A. & Omonona, B.T.
- Application of Coase Theorem to Analyze the Welfare Gain and Loss in a Conflict of Herdersâ€™ Damage in Croppersâ€™ Land at the Adamawa Region of Cameroon
by Folefack, Achille Jean Jaza
No.1, Volume 52
- Efficiency and Total Factor Productivity Growth in Indian Dairy Sector
by Ohlan, Ramphul
- Poverty Assessment by Proxy-Means Tests: Are Indicator-Based Estimations Robust over Time? A Study from Central Sulawesi, Indonesia
by Edig, Xenia van & Schwarze, Stefan & Zeller, Manfred
- Intensive Commercial Agriculture in Fragile Uplands of Vietnam: How to Harness its Poverty Reduction Potential while Ensuring Environmental Sustainability?
by Keil, Alwin & Saint-Macary, Camille & Zeller, Manfred
No.1, Volume 51
- Investigating Endogeneity Effects of Social Capital on Household Welfare in Nigeria: A Control Function Approach
by Adepoju, Adebusola A. & Oni, O. A.
- The Effectiveness of Dissemination Pathways on Adoption of â€œPush-Pullâ€ Technology in Western Kenya
by Murage, A. W. & Obare, Gideon A. & Chianu, J. & Amudavi, David Mulama & Midega, C. A. O. & Pickett, J. A. & Khan, Zeyaur R.
- Droughts in Syria: An Assessment of Impacts and Options for Improving the Resilience of the Poor
by Al-Riffai, Perrihan & Breisinger, Clemens & Verner, Dorte & Zhu, Tingju
- Weather Risk and Household Participation in Off-farm Activities in Rural Ethiopia
by Demeke, Abera Birhanu & Zeller, Manfred
No.1, Volume 50
- The Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Programme (CAADP) â€“ An Assessment of a Pan-African Attempt to Revitalise Agriculture â€“
by BrÃ¼ntrup, Michael
- Actual and Potential Roles of Local NGOs in Agricultural Development in Sub-Saharan Africa
by BrÃ¼ntrup-Seidemann, Sabine
- Lessons from Structural Adjustment Programmes and their Effects in Africa
by Heidhues, Franz & Obare, Gideon A.
- The Political Economy of Agricultural Policies in Africa: History, Analytical Concepts and Implications for Development Cooperation
by Hoeffler, Heike
- Fundamentals of African Agriculture
by Rauch, Theo
- Agricultural Policy Processes, a Challenge for Africa's Development
by BrÃ¼ntrup, Michael & Heidhues, Franz
No.1, Volume 49
- Understanding the motivation of farmers in financing agricultural research and extension in Benin
by Moumouni, Ismail M. & Streiffeler, Friedhelm
- Determinants of adoption and intensity of use of balance nutrient management systems technologies in the northern Guinea savanna of Nigeria
by Akinola, Adebayo A. & Alene, Arega D. & Adeyemo, Remi & Sanogo, D. & Olanrewaju, A.S. & Nwoke, C. & Nziguheba, G.
- Competition in the gum arabic market: a game theoretic modelling approach
by Rahim, Afaf H. & Ierland, Ekko C. van & Weikard, Hans-Peter