Are Zimbabweâ€™s Fast Track Land Reform Farms more Technically Efficient than Communal Farms?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Al-Hassan Seidu & D B Sarpong & S Asuming-Brempong, 2006. "Smallholder Rice Farms In Ghana: An Analysis Of Technical Efficiency Based On Different Farming Systems And Gender," The IUP Journal of Agricultural Economics, IUP Publications, vol. 0(3), pages 21-33, July.
- James J. Heckman, 1976. "The Common Structure of Statistical Models of Truncation, Sample Selection and Limited Dependent Variables and a Simple Estimator for Such Models," NBER Chapters,in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 5, number 4, pages 475-492 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ines Herrero & Sean Pascoe, 2003. "Value "versus" Volume in the Catch of the Spanish South-Atlantic Trawl Fishery," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(2), pages 325-341.
- Margaret Chitiga & Ramos Mabugu, 2008.
"Evaluating the Impact of Land Redistribution: A CGE Microsimulation Application to Zimbabwe,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 17(4), pages 527-549, August.
- Margaret Chitiga & Ramos Mabugu, 2006. "Evaluating the Impact of Land Redistribution: A CGE Microsimulation Application to Zimbabwe," Working Papers 200609, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Seyoum, E. T. & Battese, G. E. & Fleming, E. M., 1998. "Technical efficiency and productivity of maize producers in eastern Ethiopia: a study of farmers within and outside the Sasakawa-Global 2000 project," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 341-348, December.
- Meeusen, Wim & van den Broeck, Julien, 1977. "Efficiency Estimation from Cobb-Douglas Production Functions with Composed Error," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(2), pages 435-444, June.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Ahmed, Mohamed M. & Gebremedhin, Berhanu & Benin, Samuel & Ehui, Simeon, 2002. "Measurement and sources of technical efficiency of land tenure contracts in Ethiopia," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(03), pages 507-527, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mugabe, Douglas & Etienne, Xiaoli L., 2016. "How Efficient Is Maize Production among Smallholder Farmers in Zimbabwe?," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235938, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
KeywordsFast Track Land Reform Programme; agricultural productivity; technical efficiency; Zimbabwe; Agricultural and Food Policy; Farm Management; Production Economics; Productivity Analysis; D24; Q12; Q15; Q18;
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:qjiage:155556. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iahubde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.