Contact information of Elsevier
Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Access and download statisticsTop item:
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wodepe. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/world-development-perspectives .
2020, Volume 18, Issue C
- S2452292918300936 Nutritional status, poverty, and relative deprivation among socio-economic and gender groups in India: Is the growth inclusive?
by Bhuyan, Biswabhusan & Sahoo, Bimal Kishore & Suar, Damodar
- S2452292919300840 Is there any interaction effect of mothers’ education and their bargaining power on children’s nutritional status? Evidence from rural Bangladesh
by Hossain, Mahbub
- S2452292919301249 How effective are cluster development policies? Evidence from Uruguay
by Aboal, Diego & Crespi, Gustavo & Perera, Marcelo
- S2452292920300266 The risk of survey bias in self-reports vs. actual consumption of clean cooking fuels
by Kar, Abhishek & Brauer, Michael & Bailis, Rob & Zerriffi, Hisham
- S2452292920300278 Managing the challenges of obtaining a social license to operate in the pre-mining phase: A focus on the oil sands communities in Ondo State, Nigeria
by Omotehinse, Adeyinka O. & De Tomi, Giorgio
- S2452292920300291 Improved cookstoves as a pathway between food preparation and reduced domestic violence in Uganda
by Guzmán, Juan Carlos & Khatiwada, Lila Kumar & Guzmán, Danice Brown
- S2452292920300308 Climate-smart agriculture, household income and asset accumulation among smallholder farmers in the Nyando basin of Kenya
by Ogada, Maurice Juma & Rao, Elizaphan J.O. & Radeny, Maren & Recha, John W. & Solomon, Dawit
- S2452292920300321 The debate: Is global development adapting to climate change?
by Schipper, E.L.F. & Tanner, T. & Dube, O.P. & Adams, K.M. & Huq, S.
- S2452292920300333 What explains the gender differences in the adoption of multiple maize varieties? Empirical evidence from Uganda and Tanzania
by Teklewold, Hailemariam & Adam, Rahma I. & Marenya, Paswel
- S245229292030028X Global horticultural value chains, labour and poverty in Tanzania
by De Blasis, Fabio
- S245229292030031X When climate change is not psychologically distant – Factors influencing the acceptance of sustainable farming practices in the Mekong river Delta of Vietnam
by Connor, Melanie & de Guia, Annalyn H. & Quilloy, Reianne & Van Nguyen, Hung & Gummert, Martin & Sander, Bjoern Ole
2020, Volume 17, Issue C
- S2452292917301765 Big data and the electricity sector in African countries
by Onyeji-Nwogu, Ijeoma & Bazilian, Morgan & Moss, Todd
- S2452292917302072 Economic globalization and regional income convergence: Evidence from Latin America and the Caribbean
by Zhao, Jun & Serieux, John
- S2452292918301140 Opportunities and struggles of decentralized governance reform for urban municipalities in India
by Sharma, Purva
- S2452292918301231 What does autonomy mean for forest communities? The politics of transnational community forestry networks in Mesoamerica and the Congo Basin
by Dupuits, Emilie & Ongolo, Symphorien
- S2452292918301814 Bribery, motivations for bribery and life satisfaction in transitional countries
by Hinks, Timothy
- S2452292919300311 Vietnam’s Territorial Use Rights for Fisheries: How do they perform against Ostrom’s institutional design principles?
by Nguyen Thi Quynh, Chi & Schilizzi, Steven & Hailu, Atakelty & Iftekhar, Sayed
- S2452292919300426 What are the determinant of international tourism in Tanzania?
by Wamboye, Evelyn F. & Nyaronga, Peter John & Sergi, Bruno S.
- S2452292919300591 Social protection in Ghana and Kenya through an inclusive development Lens. Complex effects and risks
by Pouw, Nicky R.M. & Rohregger, Barbara & Schüring, Esther & Alatinga, Kennedy A. & Kinuthia, Bethuel & Bender, Katja
- S2452292920300011 Which aid targets poor at the sub-national level?
by Dipendra, K.C.
- S2452292920300023 Determinants of the adoption of mobile phones for fruit marketing by Vietnamese farmers
by Hoang, Hung Gia
2019, Volume 16, Issue C
- v:16:y:2019:i:c:s2452292919301195 Enhancing livestock vaccination decision-making through rapid diagnostic testing
by Railey, Ashley F. & Lankester, Felix & Lembo, Tiziana & Reeve, Richard & Shirima, Gabriel & Marsh, Thomas L.
- v:16:y:2019:i:c:s2452292918300778 Forgone opportunities of large-scale agricultural investment: A comparison of three models of soya production in Central Mozambique
by Baumert, Sophia & Fisher, Janet & Ryan, Casey & Woollen, Emily & Vollmer, Frank & Artur, Luis & Zorrilla-Miras, Pedro & Mahamane, Mansour
- v:16:y:2019:i:c:s2452292919300438 Engaging youth in conversations about community and forests: Methodological reflections from Asia, Africa, and the Americas
by Robson, James P. & Asselin, Hugo & Castillo, Miriam & Fox, Leigh & Francisco, Scott & Karna, Birendra & Karst, Amanda & Quaedvlieg, Julia & Sanchez Luja, Michelle & Sarigumba, Maria Paula & Soriano, Marlene & Sosa Pérez, Fermín & Wilson, Sarah J. & Zetina, Julio
- v:16:y:2019:i:c:s2452292919301067 Do social protection programs improve life satisfaction? Evidence from Iraq
by Livani, Talajeh & Graham, Carol
- v:16:y:2019:i:c:s2452292919300013 Institutional capital, urban poverty and household wealth in Cape Town
by Muyeba, Singumbe
- v:16:y:2019:i:c:s2452292919301055 Collective action and heterogeneous welfare effects: Evidence from Ethiopian villages
by Gelo, Dambala & Dikgang, Johane
- v:16:y:2019:i:c:s2452292918300262 Designing interventions in local value chains for improved health and nutrition: Insights from Malawi
by Donovan, Jason & Gelli, Aulo
- v:16:y:2019:i:c:s2452292919300281 Recognizing the dynamics of household water insecurity in the rapidly changing polar north: Expected uncertainties in access, quality, and consumption patterns in Niugtaq (Newtok), Alaska
by Eichelberger, Laura
- v:16:y:2019:i:c:s2452292918301711 Universal income in developing countries: Issues, options, and illustration for India
by Coady, David & Prady, Delphine
2019, Volume 15, Issue C
- 1-1 Dissemination pathways for drought-tolerant rice cultivars: A farmer-participatory evaluation in the Philippines
by Corales, Aurora M. & Santos, Royette C. & Banayo, Niño M.C. & Bueno, Crisanta S. & Johnson, David E. & Kato, Yoichiro
- 1-1 Evaluating producer preferences and information processing strategies for drought risk management tools in Bangladesh
by Ortega, David L. & Ward, Patrick S. & Caputo, Vincenzina
- 1-1 On the ground in sunny Mexico: A case study of consumer perceptions and willingness to pay for solar-powered devices
by Ebers Broughel, Anna
- 1-1 Can cash transfers mitigate child labour? Evidence from Indonesia’s cash transfer programme for poor students in Java
by Hidayatina, Achsanah & Garces-Ozanne, Arlene
- 1-1 Patrons of disaster: The role of political patronage in flood response in the Solomon Islands
by Adams, Carl & Neef, Andreas
- 1-1 Status and determinants of poverty and income inequality in pastoral and agro-pastoral communities: Household-based evidence from Afar Regional State, Ethiopia
by Teka, Araya M. & Temesgen Woldu, Gabriel & Fre, Zeremariam
2019, Volume 14, Issue C
- 1-1 Exploring the nature, motives, and implications of foreign capital in Africa
by Wamboye, Evelyn & Sergi, Bruno S.
- 1-1 Validity and reliability of the Neighborhood Walkability Scale Abbreviated (NEWS-A) in elderly people of Valparaíso, Chile
by Bailey-Catalán, Christine & Sánchez, Ximena & Arcos, Estela & Miranda, Rafael & Cea, Ximena & Morgado, Gabriela
- 1-1 Impunity of international labor rights violators and beneficiaries: The case of Uzbekistan
by Fischer-Daly, Matthew
- 1-1 Can we sustain success in reducing deaths to extreme weather in a hotter world?
by Mehrabi, Zia & Donner, Simon & Rios, Patricia & Guha-Sapir, Debarati & Rowhani, Pedram & Kandlikar, Milind & Ramankutty, Navin
- 1-1 The effect of collective action on smallholder income and asset holdings in Kenya
by Mutonyi, Sarah
- 1-1 Differences in conviction rates across violent crimes in India
by Mandal, Bidisha
- 1-1 Livestock-wealth inequalities and uptake of crop cultivation among the Maasai of Kenya and Tanzania
by Nkedianye, David K. & Ogutu, Joseph O. & Said, Mohammed Y. & Kifugo, Shem & de Leeuw, Jan & Van Gardingen, Paul & Reid, Robin S.
- 1-1 Linking crop and livestock diversification to household nutrition: Evidence from Guruve and Mt Darwin districts, Zimbabwe
by Murendo, Conrad & Gwara, Simon & Mazvimavi, Kizito & Arensen, Jeffrey Scott
- 1-1 Causality between income inequality and corruption in OECD countries
by Policardo, Laura & Sanchez Carrera, Edgar J. & Risso, Wiston Adrian
2019, Volume 13, Issue C
- 1-9 Understanding factors associated with agricultural mechanization: A Bangladesh case
by Aryal, Jeetendra Prakash & Rahut, Dil Bahadur & Maharjan, Sofina & Erenstein, Olaf
- 10-17 Biofuels versus food: Understanding the trade-offs between climate friendly crop and food security
by Goswami, Kishor & Choudhury, Hari K.
- 18-24 Community wellbeing: The impacts of inequality, racism and environment on a Brazilian coastal slum
by Gillam, Cintia & Charles, Anthony
- 25-33 Effectiveness of mobile agri-advisory service extension model: Evidence from Direct2Farm program in India
by Kansiime, Monica K. & Alawy, Abdillahi & Allen, Catherine & Subharwal, Manish & Jadhav, Arun & Parr, Martin
- 34-49 The employment impact of microcredit program participation in Bangladesh: Evidence from a longitudinal household survey
by Ghulam Hussain, A.K.M. & Nargis, Nigar & Ashiquzzaman, S.M. & Khalil, Fahad
- 50-66 Child labour and education – A survey of slum settlements in Dhaka (Bangladesh)
by Quattri, Maria & Watkins, Kevin
- 67-74 Community managed hydropower, spillover effect and agricultural productivity: The case of rural Nepal
by Koirala, Bishwa S. & Bohara, Alok K. & Devkota, Satis & Upadhyaya, Kamal P.
- 75-86 The returns to occupations: The role of minimum wage and gender in Nigeria
by Olarewaju, Tolu I.A. & Mickiewicz, Tomasz & Pawan Tamvada, Jagannadha
- 87-94 Food insecurity in South Africa: To what extent can social grants and consumption of wild foods eradicate hunger?
by Chakona, Gamuchirai & Shackleton, Charlie M.
- 95-102 Impact of non-farm income on welfare in rural Bangladesh: Multilevel mixed-effects regression approach
by Al-Amin, A.K.M. Abdullah & Hossain, M.J.
2018, Volume 10-12
- 1-14 Household vulnerability as expected poverty in Vietnam
by Vo, Thang T.
- 15-23 Gender bias in households’ educational expenditures: Does the stage of schooling matter?
by Iddrisu, Abdul Malik & Danquah, Michael & Quartey, Peter & Ohemeng, Williams
- 24-33 What matters more for child health: A father’s education or mother’s education?
by Karki Nepal, Apsara
- 34-43 Rural livelihood trajectories in the central Brazilian Amazon: Growing inequalities, changing practices, and emerging rural-urban relationships over nearly a decade
by Oestreicher, Jordan Sky & Fatorelli, Leandra & Mertens, Fréderic & Lucotte, Marc & Béliveau, Annie & Tremblay, Stéphane & Saint-Charles, Johanne & Davidson, Robert & Romaña, Christina A.
- 44-50 How does the intermediaries’ power affect farmers-intermediaries’ trading relationship performance?
by Xhoxhi, Orjon & Pedersen, Søren Marcus & Lind, Kim Martin
- 51-57 Intergenerational perceptions of household wellbeing in India’s Western and Eastern Ghats
by Pattison-Williams, John K. & Haggar, Jeremy P. & Morton, John F.
- 58-63 Between a rock and a hard place: Contestations between conservation, development and livelihoods in the Great Himalayan National Park Conservation Area, India
by Lakhanpal, Shikha
- 64-72 Heterogeneity and vulnerability in the urban informal economy: Reworking the problem in the current context. The case of uganda
by Dasgupta, Nandini & Lloyd-Jones, Tony
- 73-79 Diversification and livelihood strategies in the cocoa belt of West Africa: The need for fundamental change
by Bisseleua, D.H.B. & Idrissou, L. & Ogunniyi, A. & Atta-Krah, K.
- 80-82 Patterns and structure of household income inequality in rural Ethiopia
by Gebeyehu, Birkinesh & Feleke, Shiferaw & Tufa, Adane & Lemma, Thomas & Tefera, Tewodros & Manyong, Victor
2018, Volume 9, Issue C
- 1-11 Institutional bricolage as a new perspective to analyse institutions of communal irrigation: Implications towards meeting the water needs of the poor communities
by Sakketa, Tekalign Gutu
- 12-17 The evolution of agricultural input subsidy programs: contextualizing policy debates in Malawi’s FISP
by Nkhoma, Peter R.
- 18-26 Technical efficiency of rice production in the delta of the Vu Gia Thu Bon river basin, Central Vietnam
by Pedroso, Rui & Tran, Dang Hoa & Viet, Trinh Quoc & Le, An Van & Dang, Khoa Tran & Le, Khac Phuc
- 27-34 Life of a PAI: Mediation by willingness and ability for beneficiary community engagement
by Jha, Pushkar. P. & Bhalla, Ajay
- 35-42 Entrepreneurs, entrepreneurship and SMEs in developing economies: How subverting terminology sustains flawed policy
by Poole, David L.
- 43-47 On the power and influence of the cooperative institution: Does it secure competitive producer prices?
by Getnet, Kindie & Kefyalew, Geremew & Berhanu, Wassie
- 48-55 Uptake and resistance: The rural poor and user-pays agricultural extension in Malawi
by Spencer, Rochelle & Mthinda, Catherine & Masangano, Charles & Boyd, Davina & Davis, John K.
2017, Volume 7-8
- 1-8 Pro-poor growth development and income inequality: Poverty-related Millennium Development Goal (MDG 1) on banks of the Lower Mekong Basin in Cambodia
by Sok, Serey
- 9-14 Implications of global warming: Two eras
by Graves, Philip E.
- 15-21 Politics of drought under Bolsa Família program in Northeast Brazil
by Bedran-Martins, Ana Maria & Lemos, Maria Carmen
- 22-27 Explaining the rapid emergence of battery-rickshaws in New Delhi: Supply-demand, regulation and political mobilisation
by Harding, Simon & Kandlikar, Milind
- 28-31 Tenancy and fallow land
by Ranganathan, Thiagu & Pandey, Ghanshyam
- 32-42 Still brewing: Fostering sustainable coffee production
by Millard, Edward
- 43-60 Charcoal income as a means to a valuable end: Scope and limitations of income from rural charcoal production to alleviate acute multidimensional poverty in Mabalane district, southern Mozambique
by Vollmer, Frank & Zorrilla-Miras, Pedro & Baumert, Sophia & Luz, Ana Catarina & Woollen, Emily & Grundy, Isla & Artur, Luis & Ribeiro, Natasha & Mahamane, Mansour & Patenaude, Genevieve
2017, Volume 6, Issue C
- 1-10 Does school Matter? Learning outcomes of Indonesian children after dropping out of school
by Tsaneva, Magda
- 11-13 Stakeholder perceptions on governance for the protection and increase of forest cover in the Panama Canal Watershed
by Schweizer, Daniella
- 14-24 Boca la Caja and informal settlements in Panama
by Guardia Dall'Orso, Rodrigo & Gordón Barsallo, Carlos Antonio
- 25-31 Political ecology of climate change: Shifting orchards and a temporary landscape of opportunity
by Rahimzadeh, Aghaghia
- 32-34 Stock market and foreign exchange market integration in South Africa
by Mitra, Rajarshi
- 35-37 The case of Café Ambiental, SPC: A new business model for a Nicaraguan fair trade cooperative
by Le, Quan & Wild, Braden & Jackels, Susan
- 38-44 Improving agricultural technologies in HIV/AIDS infected/affected communities and for elderly farmers: The case of sub-Saharan Africa
by Mandumbu, R. & Mariga, I.K.
2016, Volume 4, Issue C
- 1-4 Nadi Bachao Samriddhi Lao – A forest landscape restoration initiative in Harda district, Madhya Pradesh, India
by Saigal, S. & Kumar, C. & Chaturvedi, R.
- 5-7 Overcoming barriers to low carbon agriculture and forest restoration in Brazil: The Rural Sustentável project
by Newton, Peter & Gomez, Angelo Eduardo Angel & Jung, Suhyun & Kelly, Timothy & Mendes, Thiago de Araújo & Rasmussen, Laura Vang & Reis, Júlio César dos & Rodrigues, Renato de Aragão Ribeiro & Tipper, Richard & van der Horst, Dan & Watkins, Cristy
- 8-10 Muir and Pinchot in the Sierra Norte of Oaxaca: Governance of forest management and forest recovery in Pueblos Mancomunados
by Bray, David Barton
- 11-15 Governing restoration: Strategies, adaptations and innovations for tomorrow’s forest landscapes
by Wilson, Sarah Jane & Cagalanan, Dominique
- 16-18 On the way to restore Guatemala’s degraded lands: Creating governance conditions
by Sales, Ebal & Rodas, Ogden & Valenzuela, Oscar & Hillbrand, Anique & Sabogal, César
- 19-23 Making agricultural intervention attractive to farmers in Africa through inclusive innovation systems
by Nhantumbo, Nascimento S. & Zivale, Clemente O. & Nhantumbo, Ivete S. & Gomes, Ana M.
- 24-29 “One slowly loses everything”: Development and debt in San Antonio Aguas Calientes
by Chester, Winston C. & Alam, Bhuiyan Monwar & Haase, Dwight
- 30-32 The Smokeless Village: Understanding energy transitions in rural Andhra Pradesh, India
by Herington, Matthew J. & Reddy, N. Hemalatha & Rao, R. Kaushalendra
- 33-37 Sustained uptake of LPG as cleaner cooking fuel in rural India: Role of affordability, accessibility, and awareness
by Kumar, Praveen & Kaushalendra Rao, R. & Reddy, N. Hemalatha
- 38-47 Sociology of land dispossession: Social capital and livelihoods in transition in Peri-urban Kolkata, India
by Mallik, Chinmoyee
- 48-59 How to escape from a poverty trap: The case of Bangladesh
by Traverso, Silvio
2016, Volume 1, Issue C
- 1-3 The case of Café Femenino: The limitations of gender-conscious Fair Trade
by Cueva Alegría, Dayna
- 4-5 Good drugs, good intentions, and the (bumpy) road to development
by Chorev, Nitsan
- 6-11 Local views and structural determinants of poverty alleviation through payments for environmental services: Bolivian insights
by Bétrisey, Florence & Mager, Christophe & Rist, Stephan
- 12-14 Jasmine cultivation in Tamil Nadu: Market structure and pricing
by Saripalle, Madhuri
- 15-22 Risking life and limb in the global economy: Scrap metal price and landmine/UXO incidents in Cambodia
by Roberts, Wade & Bilginsoy, Cihan
- 23-25 The legitimation of development and GM crops: The case of Bt Cotton and Indebtedness in Telangana, India
by Desmond, Elaine
- 26-32 Impact of malaria control on infant mortality in Senegal
by Tabetando, Rayner
- 33-35 Local agency at the intersection of global conservation discourse and the political economy of wildlife in Tanzania
by Miller, Joseph Ellis
- 36-42 Measuring gender, development, and land: Data-driven analysis and land reform in Lesotho
by Fogelman, Charles
- 43-48 The politics of framing risk: Minding the vulnerability gap in climate change research
by Colette, April L.
- 49-52 Determinants of loan repayment performance among borrowers of microfinance institutions: Evidence from India
by Mirpourian, Seyedmehrdad & Caragliu, Andrea & Di Maio, Giorgio & Landoni, Paolo & Rusinà, Emanuele
- 53-57 A National Adaptation Programme of Action: Ethiopia’s responses to climate change
by Golrokhian, Arman & Browne, Katherine & Hardin, Rebecca & Agrawal, Arun & Askew, Kelly & Beny, Laura & Larroquette, Benjamin & Morse, Benjamin
- 58-63 Towards a revolution in sustainability education: Vision, architecture, and assessment in a case-based approach
by Hardin, Rebecca & Bhargava, Anil & Bothner, Cameron & Browne, Katherine & Kusano, Stephanie & Golrokhian, Arman & Wright, Mary & Zeng, Pearl Zhu & Agrawal, Arun