Rural development strategies as a path to decent work and reducing urban informal employment : the case of South Africa
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Frank Ellis, 2000. "The Determinants of Rural Livelihood Diversification in Developing Countries," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(2), pages 289-302.
- Reardon, Thomas & Barrett, Christopher B., 2000. "Agroindustrialization, globalization, and international development: An overview of issues, patterns, and determinants," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 23(3), pages 195-205, September.
- Mellor, John W. & Lele, Uma J., 1973.
"Growth Linkages of the New Foodgrain Technologies,"
Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 28(1), pages 1-22.
- Junior Davis, 2005. "The rural non-farm economy, Livelihoods and their," Development and Comp Systems 0510016, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kirsten, Johann F. & Sartorius, Kurt, 2002. "Farm-Agribusiness Linkages In South Africa: Empowering Disadvantaged Communities Through Links With Agribusiness," Working Papers 18072, University of Pretoria, Department of Agricultural Economics, Extension and Rural Development.
- Ellis, Frank, 2000. "Rural Livelihoods and Diversity in Developing Countries," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198296966.
- Watson Ladzani & Godfrey Netswera, 2009. "Support for rural small businesses in Limpopo Province, South Africa," Development Southern Africa, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(2), pages 225-239.
- Ranjan, Sharad, 2006. "Occupational Diversification And Access To Rural Employment: Revisiting The Non Farm Employment Debate," MPRA Paper 7870, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kuiper, Marijke H. & Meijerink, Gerdien W. & Eaton, Derek J.F., 2006. "Rural Livelihoods: Interplay Between Farm Activities, Non-farm Activities and the Resource Base," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25442, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Vermeulen, Hester & Kirsten, Johann F. & Sartorius, Kurt, 2008. "Contracting arrangements in agribusiness procurement practices in South Africa," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 47(2), pages 1-24, June.
More about this item
Keywordsnonfarm employment; employment opportunity; green jobs; manufacturing; agribusiness; tourism; small enterprise; rural development; South Africa; emploi non agricole; possibilités d'emploi; emplois verts; industries manufacturières; agro-industrie; tourisme; petite entreprise; développement rural; Afrique du Sud R; empleo no agrícola; oportunidades de empleo; empleos verdes; industrias manufactureras; agroindustria; turismo; pequeña empresa; desarrollo rural; República de Sudáfrica;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ilo:ilowps:994790883402676. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vesa Sivunen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ilounch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.