Institute of Agricultural Management
International Farm Management Association
International Journal of Agricultural Management
July 2014, Volume 03, Issue 4
- Book Review
- Economic factors affecting concentrate usage on Irish sheep farms
by Kilcline, Kevin & O'Donoghue, Cathal & Hennessy, Thia & Hynes, Stephen
- Using a farm micro-simulation model to evaluate the impact of the nitrogen reduct
by Chyzheuskaya, Aksana & O'Donoghue, Cathal & O'Neill, Stephen
- On the dynamics of agricultural labour input and their impact on productivity and income: an empirical study of Swiss family farms
by Hoop, Daniel & Mack, Gabriele & Mann, Stefan & Schmid, Dierk
- Profitability and efficiency of cassava production at the farm-level in Delta Stae, Nigeria
by Awerije, Brodrick O. & Rahman, Sanzidur
- Managerial factors affecting post-harvest loss: the case of Mato Grosso Brazil
by Martins, Anamaria Gaudencia & Goldsmith, Peter & Moura, Altair
- Farmer characteristics associated with improved and high farm business performance
by Wilson, Paul
- Rural businesses: central to the countryside or just an add-on?
by Turner, Roger
April 2014, Volume 03, Issue 3
- Book Review
- Economic comparison of pasture based dairy calf-to-beef production systems under temperate grassland conditions
by Ashfield, A. & Wallace, M. & Crosson, P.
- Structuring the problematic situation of smallholder beef farming in Central Java Indonesia: using systems thinking as an entry point to taming complexity
by Setianto, N.A. & Cameron, D.C. & Gaughan, J.B.
- Experience and learning in beef production: Results from a cluster analysis
by Micheels, Eric T.
- Calculating full costs for Swiss dairy farms in the mountain region using a maximum entropy approach for joint-cost allocation
by Lips, Markus
- The economics of biogas in Denmark: a farm and socioeconomic perspective
by Jacobsen, Brian H. & Laugesen, Frederik M. & Dubgaard, Alex
- Treasuring trees for agricultural management transformation
by Wibberley, E. John
January 2014, Volume 03, Issue 2
- The impact of farm size on sustainability of Dutch dairy farms
by van der Meulen, H.A.B. & Dolman, M.A. & Jager, J.H. & Venema, G.S.
- Economic evaluation of a range of options for the management of soiled water/dilute slurry on Irish dairy farms
by Ryan, Willie & French, Padraig & Minogue, Dennis & Ruane, Eimear M. & Shalloo, Laurence
- Exploring the potential and performance of maize production in Bangladesh
by Rahman, Sanzidur & Rahman, Md. Sayedur
- Facilitating small grain production system innovation in the Western Cape, South Africa
by Mark, Tyler B. & Detre, Joshua D. & Darby, Paul M. & Salassi, Michael E.
- Application and comparison of risk adjusted performance-indicators in the context of pig production
by Morfeld, Ulf & Latacz-Lohmann, Uwe & Krieter, Joachim
- The â€˜wickednessâ€™ of GM crop applications in the European Union
by Inghelbrecht, L & Dessein, J & Van Huylenbroeck, G
October 2013, Volume 03, Issue 1
- Public Support for Agriculture: Perceptions of Farming and Environment among the British in 2012
by Reader, Mark
- The Groceries Supply Code of Practice: Fairness for Farmers?
by Shears, Peter
- The Evolution of the U.S. Farm Bill
by Outlaw, Joe L
- Understanding intentional food contamination attitudes: applying Ajzenâ€™s Theory of Planned Behavior to a sample of fruit and vegetable industry workers
by Bravo, Jesus & Molina, Ignacio & Nganje, William
- Production constraints and their causes in the cacao Industry in West Sumatra: from the farmersâ€™ perspective
by Sefriadi, Hasnah & Villano, Renato & Fleming, Euan & Patrick, Ian
- Market driven innovation and entrepreneurial behaviour: The strategic value of a market orientation in primary agriculture
by Micheels, Eric T & Gow, Hamish R
- Training farmers in agri-environmental management: the case of Environmental Stewardship in lowland England
by Lobley, Matt & Saratsi, Eirini & Winter, Michael & Bullock, James
- Defining foresight activities and future strategies in farm management â€“ empirical results from Finnish FADN farms
by Rikkonen, Pasi & MÃ¤kijÃ¤rvi, Essi & YlÃ¤talo, Matti
July 2013, Volume 02, Issue 4
- Characteristics, intentions and expectations of new entrant dairy farmers entering the Irish dairy industry through the New Entrant Scheme
by McDonald, Roberta & Karina, Pierce & Reamonn, Fealy & Horan, Brendan
- Effects of scale, intensity and farm structure on the income efficiency of Irish beef farms
by Finneran, E. & Crosson, p.
- Food Security: How Rural Ghanaian Households Respond to Food Shortages in Lean Season
by Drafor, Ivy & Kunze, Dagmar & Sarpong, Daniel Bruce
- The rise of illicit rural enterprise within the farming industry
by Smith, Robert & Laing, Audrey & McElwee, Gerard
- Measuring agricultural sustainability at the farm-level: A pragmatic approach
by Franks, Jeremy & Frater, Poppy
April 2013, Volume 02, Issue 3
- Effectiveness of occupational health service programmes in farmersâ€™ safety and security risk management
by LeppÃ¤lÃ¤, Jarkko & Kauranen, Ilkka & Rautiainen, Risto
- An analysis of the factors associated with technical and scale efficiency of Irish dairy farms
by Kelly, E & Shalloo, L & Geary, U & Kinsella, A. & Thorne, F & Wallace, M
- Consumer preferences for beef with specific reference to fat colour: The case of Cape Town, South Africa
by Mare, Frikkie A. & Taljaard, P.R. & Jordaan, H.
- Why Try Lean? A Northumbrian Farm Case Study
by Colgan, Conor & Adam, George & Topolansky, Federico
- Managing risks or stifling innovation? Risk, hazard and uncertainty
by Dibb, Sue
- An analysis of the competitiveness of the South African citrus industry using the Constant Market Share and Porterâ€™s diamond model approaches
by Ndou, Portia & Obi, Ajuruchukwu
January 2013, Volume 02, Issue 2
- Sustainable Livestock Management for Poverty Alleviation and Food Security: Book Review
by Obi, Ajuruchukwu
- Options from life-cycle analysis for reducing greenhouse gas emissions from crop and livestock production systems
by Wilkinson, J.M. & Audsley, Eric
- Gold, black gold, and farmland: should they all be part of your investment portfolio?
by Painter, Marvin J.
- Estimating the economic impact of the adoption of novel non-crate sow farrowing systems in the UK
by Cain, P.J. & Guy, J.G. & Seddon, Y. & Baxter, Emma M. & Edwards, S.E.
- The Food and Financial Crises in Sub-Saharan Africa: Origins, Impacts and Policy Implications
by Brusselaers, Jan
- Predicting Malaysian palm oil price using Extreme Value Theory
by Chuangchid, Kantaporn & Sriboonchitta, Songsak & Rahman, Sanzidur & Wiboonpongse, Aree
- Typology of farm management decision-making research
by Kim, Jong-Sun & Cameron, Donald
- Agricultural Policies for Poverty Reduction: Book Review
by Obi, Ajuruchukwu
- The US Farm Bill: Lessons for CAP Reform?
by Bureau, Jean-Christophe
October 2012, Volume 02, Issue 1
- Does the single farm payment affect farmersâ€™ behaviour? A macro and micro analysis
by Howley, Peter & Breen, James P. & Donoghue, Cathal O. & Hennessy, Thia
- Farm economics behind the evolution of Chinese rapeseed production
by Hu, Xiangdong & Zimmer, Yelto
- Power in Global Agriculture: Economics, Politics, and Natural Resources
by Renwick, Alan & Islam, Md. Mofakkarul & Thomson, Steven
- Visitor satisfaction in agritourism and its implications for agritourism farmers in Sri Lanka
by Malkanthi, S. H. Pushpa & Routray, Jayant K
- The use of Farm Business Survey data to compare the environmental performance of organic and conventional farms
by Gerrard, Catherine L. & Padel, Susanne & Simon, Moakes
- Repairing a fractured pipeline: improving the effectiveness of agricultural R & D in the UK
by Pollock, Christopher
July 2012, Volume 01, Issue 4
- Have emerging markets already emerged?
by Magnus, George
- Adopting a Farming Systems Research Approach to carry out an economic and environmental analysis of food supply chains
by Tavella, Elena & Pedersen, SÃ¸ren Marcus & Gylling, Morten
- Selection indices offer potential for New Zealand sheep farmers to reduce greenhouse gas emissions per unit of product
by Ludemann, Cameron I. & Byrne, Timothy J. & Sise, Judith A. & Amer, Peter R.
- Can rent adjustment clauses reduce the income risk of farms?
by Hotopp, Henning & MuÃŸhoff, Oliver
- Application of an optimisation model for analysing production seasonality in the Irish milk processing sector
by HEINSCHINK, Karin & SHALLOO, Laurence & WALLACE, Michael
- Intra-national importation of pig and poultry manure: acceptability under EU Nitrates Directive constraints
by Buckley, Cathal & Fealy, RÃ©amonn
March 2012, Volume 01, Issue 3
- Know More or Eat Less
by Marsh, Sir John
- Competitive strategy analysis of New Zealand pastoral dairy farming systems
by Shadbolt, Nicola M.
- Repair and Maintenance Costs for Agricultural Machines
by Lips, Markus & Burose, Frank
- An economic analysis of the Irish milk quota exchange scheme
by Hennessy, Thia & Lapple, Doris & Shalloo, Laurence & Wallace, Michael
- Risk perceptions and management strategies by smallholder farmers in KwaZulu-Natal Province, South Africa
by Kisaka-Lwayo, Maggie & Obi, Ajuruchukwu
- Balancing agricultural production and conservation: setting out the production and environmental challenges facing farming
by Harper, Martin & Crane, Ellie
October 2011, Volume 01, Issue 2
- Farm scale trials of variable rate irrigation to assess the benefits of modifying existing sprinkler systems for precision application
by Hedley, Carolyn & Bradbury, Stu & Watson, Eric & Dalrymple, Hew & Wright, John
- Market orientation and firm performance across value disciplines in the Illinois beef sector
by Micheels, Eric T. & Gow, Hamish R.
- Costs of slurry separation technologies and alternative use of the solid fraction for biogas production or burning â€“ a Danish perspective
by Jacobsen, Brian
- The future contribution of bioenergy enterprises to rural business viability in the United Kingdom
by Tate, Graham & Mbzibain, Aurelian
- Identifying and reporting the value-added from training in four New Zealand industries
by Neild, Jeremy D. & Radford, Dennis J.
- Disentangling farmersâ€™ preferences and cost allocation among inputs for food security in Vihiga District, Kenya
by Nyangweso, P.M. & Odhiambo, M.O. & Odunga, P.O. & Korir, M.K. & Otieno, D.C.
- New CAP, Old Hat? Some thoughts on the EUâ€™s Common Agricultural Policy 2014-2020
by Atkin, Carl
- The future of food and farming
by Beddington, Sir John
July 2011, Volume 01, Issue 1
- Financial performance configurations
by Langemeier, Michael R.
- Complementing tradition, managing change: using communication technology to connect an industry; the case of AGRIWEBINAR
by Watson, Heather
- Economics of film antitranspirant application: a new approach to protecting wheat crops from drought-induced yield loss
by Kettlewell, Peter
- Demonstration farms and technology transfer: the case of the Lincoln University dairy farm
by Pangborn, M.C. & Woodford, K.B. & Nuthall, P.L.
- Rural household capacity building: Innovative approaches to ensure adoption of record keeping by farm households
by Drafor, Ivy
- The Cash Cows, Dogs, Stars and Problem Children of the South African Agricultural Sector
by Anonymous & Jooste, A. & Lotriet, R.
- Understanding innovation in a dynamic agricultural business environment: a multivariate approach
by May, Daniel E. & Tate, Graham J. & Worrall, Leslie