Chronic Poverty and Development Policy in Sri Lanka: Overview Study
The present study attempts to capture chronic poverty in Sri Lanka by examining general information on poverty and drawing conclusions on those who are likely to be among the chronic poor. Certain population groups that are likely to experience poverty over many years (or all their lives) are examined in this review. These include the internally displaced persons from the conflict, disabled, elderly, street children, employed children, female headed households and youth. Further, the poor are examined within the â€˜livelihoodâ€™ framework in terms of their command over human, physical, natural, financial, social and political capital. [CPRC Working Paper No 9]
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arunatilake, Nisha & Jayasuriya, Sisira & Kelegama, Saman, 2001.
"The Economic Cost of the War in Sri Lanka,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(9), pages 1483-1500, September.
- Gavan, James D. & Sri Chandrasekera, Indrani, 1979. "The impact of public foodgrain distribution on food consumption and welfare in Sri Lanka:," Research reports 13, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ellis, Frank, 2000. "Rural Livelihoods and Diversity in Developing Countries," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198296966, March.
- Sahn, David E, 1988. "The Effect of Price and Income Changes on Food-Energy Intake in Sri Lanka," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(2), pages 315-40, January.
- John Harriss & Paolo De Renzio, 1997. "POLICY ARENA: 'Missing link' or analytically missing?: The concept of social capital. Edited by John Harriss. An introductory bibliographic essay," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(7), pages 919-937.
- Isenman, Paul, 1980. "Basic needs: The case of Sri Lanka," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 237-258, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:2213. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.