The Quiet Rise of Medium-Scale Farms in Malawi
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Frank Ellis, 2000. "The Determinants of Rural Livelihood Diversification in Developing Countries," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(2), pages 289-302.
- Thomas Reardon & C. Peter Timmer & Christopher B. Barrett & Julio Berdegué, 2003. "The Rise of Supermarkets in Africa, Asia, and Latin America," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(5), pages 1140-1146.
- Collier, Paul, 2008. "The Bottom Billion: Why the Poorest Countries are Failing and What Can Be Done About It," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195374636.
- Frank Ellis, 1998. "Household strategies and rural livelihood diversification," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(1), pages 1-38.
- Ward Anseeuw & Antoine Ducastel, 2013. ""Production Grabbing": New Investors and Investment Models in Agriculture," QA - Rivista dell'Associazione Rossi-Doria, Associazione Rossi Doria, issue 2, June.
- Sitko, Nicholas J. & Jayne, T.S., 2014. "Structural transformation or elite land capture? The growth of “emergent” farmers in Zambia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 194-202.
- Ellis, Frank, 2000. "Rural Livelihoods and Diversity in Developing Countries," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198296966.
- repec:wbk:wbpubs:12481 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kalonga Stambuli, 2002. "Elitist Land and Agriculture Policies and the Food Problem in Malawi," Microeconomics 0211014, EconWPA.
- Bruno Losch & Sandrine Fréguin-Gresh & Eric Thomas White, 2012.
"Structural Transformation and Rural Change Revisited : Challenges for Late Developing Countries in a Globalizing World
[Transformations rurales et développement : Les défis du changement structurel," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 12482, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lay, Jann & Nolte, Kerstin & Sipangule, Kacana, 2018. "Large-scale farms and smallholders: Evidence from Zambia," Kiel Working Papers 2098, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Nolte, Kerstin & Sipangule, Kacana, 2017. "Land use competition in Sub-Saharan Africa's rural areas," PEGNet Policy Briefs 10/2017, PEGNet - Poverty Reduction, Equity and Growth Network, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Nolte, Kerstin & Sipangule, Kacana, 2017. "Land use competition in Sub-Saharan Africa's rural areas," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 168329, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Holden, Stein T,, 2017. "Policies for Improved Food Security: - The Roles of Land Tenure Policies and Land Markets," CLTS Working Papers 9/17, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Centre for Land Tenure Studies.
- Jacqueline M. Vadjunec & Claudia Radel & B. L. Turner II, 2016. "Introduction: The Continued Importance of Smallholders Today," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(4), pages 1-12, October.
More about this item
KeywordsMalawi; medium-scale farmers; land; livelihoods; farmer trajectories; farm expansion; land acquisition; land consolidation; domestic investors;
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
- Q24 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Land
- Q28 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Government Policy
- Q5 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics
- R14 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Land Use Patterns
- R52 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Land Use and Other Regulations
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jlands:v:5:y:2016:i:3:p:19-:d:72727. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: http://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.