Poverty Knowledge and Poverty Action: Evidence from Three States in India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hulme, David & Shepherd, Andrew, 2003. "Conceptualizing Chronic Poverty," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 403-423, March.
- Frank Ellis, 2000. "The Determinants of Rural Livelihood Diversification in Developing Countries," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(2), pages 289-302.
- Indrani Gupta & Arup Mitra, 2004. "Economic Growth, Health and Poverty: An Exploratory Study for India," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 22(2), pages 193-206, March.
- Gaurav Datt & Martin Ravallion, 2002.
"Is India's Economic Growth Leaving the Poor Behind?,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 16(3), pages 89-108, Summer.
- Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 2002. "Is India's economic growth leaving the poor behind?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2846, The World Bank.
- Breman,Jan, 1996. "Footloose Labour," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521560832.
- Michael Carter & Christopher Barrett, 2006. "The economics of poverty traps and persistent poverty: An asset-based approach," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(2), pages 178-199.
- Ravallion, Martin & Datt, Gaurav, 1996. "How Important to India's Poor Is the Sectoral Composition of Economic Growth?," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 10(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Jayaraman, Rajshri & Lanjouw, Peter, 1999.
"The Evolution of Poverty and Inequality in Indian Villages,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 14(1), pages 1-30, February.
- Jayraman, Raji & Lanjouw, Peter, 1998. "The evolution of poverty and inequality in Indian villages," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1870, The World Bank.
- Bob Baulch & John Hoddinott, 2000. "Economic mobility and poverty dynamics in developing countries," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(6), pages 1-24.
- Wade, Robert Hunter, 2004. "Is Globalization Reducing Poverty and Inequality?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 567-589, April.
- Breman,Jan, 1996. "Footloose Labour," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521568241.
- Anirudh Krishna & Patti Kristjanson & Maren Radeny & Wilson Nindo, 2004. "Escaping Poverty and Becoming Poor in 20 Kenyan Villages," Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(2), pages 211-226.
- Sen, Binayak, 2003. "Drivers of Escape and Descent: Changing Household Fortunes in Rural Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 513-534, March.
- Krishna, Anirudh, 2004. "Escaping Poverty and Becoming Poor: Who Gains, Who Loses, and Why?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 121-136, January.
- Ellis, Frank, 2000. "Rural Livelihoods and Diversity in Developing Countries," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198296966.
More about this item
Keywordspoverty; descents into poverty; poverty estimate; poverty studies; village-level evidence; household poverty; poverty creation; poverty destruction. Poverty Studies; Economics; Deelopment Economics; Field Studies; Sociology; Anthropology;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:274. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .