Citations for "Consumer Surplus in the Digital Economy: Estimating the Value of Increased Product Variety at Online Booksellers"
by Erik Brynjolfsson & Yu (Jeffrey) Hu & Michael D. Smith
- Fenner, Trevor & Levene, Mark & Loizou, George, 2010. "Predicting the long tail of book sales: Unearthing the power-law exponent," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(12), pages 2416-2421.
- Sylvain Dejean & Thierry Pénard & Raphaël Suire, 2010. "La gratuité est-elle une fatalité sur les marchés numériques ? Une étude sur le consentement à payer pour des offres de contenus audiovisuels sur internet," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 194(3), pages 15-32.
- Haiyan Wang & Tatsuhiko Nariu, 2012. "Distribution Channel Management in an Internet Age: Equilibrium and Social Welfare," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 285-298, September.
- Emin M. Dinlersoz & Rubén Hernández-Murillo, 2004. "The diffusion of electronic business in the U.S," Working Papers 2004-009, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Pierre-Jean Benghozi, 2008. "Effet long tail ou effet podium : une anlyse empirique des ventes de produits culturels en France," Post-Print hal-00407205, HAL.
- Anindya Ghose & Arun Sundararajan, 2006. "Evaluating Pricing Strategy Using e-Commerce Data: Evidence and Estimation Challenges," Papers math/0609170, arXiv.org.
- Alcalá, Francisco & González-Maestre, Miguel, 2010.
"Copying, superstars, and artistic creation,"
Information Economics and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 365-378, December.
- Francisco Alcalá & Miguel González-Maestre, 2009. "Copying, Superstars, and Artistic Creation," Working Papers 0902, International Economics Institute, University of Valencia.
- Alcalá, Francisco & Gonzalez-Maestre, Miguel, 2009. "Copying, superstars and artistic creation," UMUFAE Economics Working Papers 5606, DIGITUM. Universidad de Murcia.
- Brynjolfsson, Erik, 2011. "ICT, innovation and the e-economy," EIB Papers 8/2011, European Investment Bank, Economics Department.
- Campbell Cowie & Sandeep Kapur, 2005.
"The Management of Digital Rights in Pay TV,"
Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance
0510, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- Hätönen, Jussi, 2011. "The economic impact of fixed and mobile high-speed networks," EIB Papers 7/2011, European Investment Bank, Economics Department.
- Smith, Michael D. & Telang, Rahul, 2010. "Piracy or promotion? The impact of broadband Internet penetration on DVD sales," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 289-298, December.
- Tang, Zhulei & Smith, Michael D. & Montgomery, Alan, 2010. "The impact of shopbot use on prices and price dispersion: Evidence from online book retailing," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 579-590, November.
- Boivin, Jean & Clark, Robert & Vincent, Nicolas, 2012. "Virtual borders," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 327-335.
- Guillermo De Haro, 2008. "Cuando una Â´long tailÂ´ no es suficiente," Working Papers Economia wpe08-16, Instituto de Empresa, Area of Economic Environment.
- Pozzi, Andrea, 2013.
"E-commerce as a stockpiling technology: Implications for consumer savings,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 677-689.
- Andrea Pozzi, 2013. "E-commerce as a Stockpiling Technology - Implications for Consumer Savings," EIEF Working Papers Series 1308, Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF), revised Mar 2013.
- Oliver Hinz & Jochen Eckert, 2010. "The Impact of Search and Recommendation Systems on Sales in Electronic Commerce," Business & Information Systems Engineering, Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 67-77, April.
- Charles I. Jones, 2006. "The Value of Information in Growth and Development," Working Papers 032006, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Strauss, Hubert & Samkharadze, Besik, 2011. "ICT capital and productivity growth," EIB Papers 6/2011, European Investment Bank, Economics Department.
- Brabazon, Philip G & MacCarthy, Bart, 2012. "Investigating a long tail in retail vehicle sales," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 302-313.
- Jean Boivin & Robert Clark & Nicolas Vincent, 2010. "Virtual Borders: Online Nominal Rigidities and International Market Segmentation," NBER Working Papers 15642, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Onori, Daria, 2012.
"Welfare, competition, specialization and growth,"
Research in Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 66(4), pages 355-370.
- Daria Onori, 2011. "Welfare, Competition, Specialization and Growth," Working Papers halshs-00580722, HAL.
- Daria ONORI, 2011. "Welfare, Competition, Specialization and Growth," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2011011, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Ann P. Bartel & Casey Ichniowski & Kathryn L. Shaw, 2005. "How Does Information Technology Really Affect Productivity? Plant-Level Comparisons of Product Innovation, Process Improvement and Worker Skills," NBER Working Papers 11773, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael R. Baye & Babur De los Santos & Matthijs R. Wildenbeest, 2014.
"Searching for Physical and Digital Media: The Evolution of Platforms for Finding Books,"
in: Economic Analysis of the Digital Economy, pages 137-165
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael R. Baye & Babur De los Santos & Matthijs R. Wildenbeest, 2013. "Searching for Physical and Digital Media: The Evolution of Platforms for Finding Books," NBER Working Papers 19519, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael R. Baye & Babur De los Santos & Matthijs R. Wildenbeest, 2013. "Searching for Physical and Digital Media: The Evolution of Platforms for Finding Books," Working Papers 2013-04, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Steel, Will & Daglish, Toby & Marriott, Lisa & Gemmell, Norman & Howell, Bronwyn, 2013. "E-Commerce and its effect upon the Retail Industry and Government Revenue," Working Paper Series 4333, Victoria University of Wellington, The New Zealand Institute for the Study of Competition and Regulation.
- Chih-Peng Chu & Wen-Chung Guo & Fu-Chuan Lai, 2012. "On the competition between an online bookstore and a physical bookstore," Netnomics, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 141-154, October.
- James D. Dana Jr. & Eugene Orlov Jr., 2014. "Internet Penetration and Capacity Utilization in the US Airline Industry," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 6(4), pages 106-37, November.
- Brynjolfsson, Erik & Dick, Astrid Andrea & Smith, Michael D., 2004. "Search and Product Differentiation at an Internet Shopbot," Working papers 4441-03, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Wilfred Dolfsma & Richard Nahuis, 2006. "Media & Economics: Uneasy Bedfellows?," De Economist, Springer, vol. 154(1), pages 107-124, 03.
- Dou, Wenyu & Ghose, Sanjoy, 2006. "A dynamic nonlinear model of online retail competition using Cusp Catastrophe Theory," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(7), pages 838-848, July.
- Hersh, Jonathan & Voth, Hans-Joachim, 2009.
"Sweet Diversity: Colonial Goods and the Rise of European Living Standards after 1492,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7386, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jonathan Hersh & Joachim Voth, 2009. "Sweet diversity: Colonial goods and the rise of European living standards after 1492," Economics Working Papers 1163, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jan 2011.
- Patrick Bajari & Jeremy T. Fox & Stephen Ryan, 2006.
"Evaluating Wireless Carrier Consolidation Using Semiparametric Demand Estimation,"
NBER Working Papers
12425, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Patrick Bajari & Jeremy Fox & Stephen Ryan, 2008. "Evaluating wireless carrier consolidation using semiparametric demand estimation," Quantitative Marketing and Economics, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 299-338, December.
- Emin M. Dinlersoz & Pedro Pereira, 2006.
"On the Diffusion of Electronic Commerce,"
13, Portuguese Competition Authority.
- Anindya Ghose & Arun Sundararajan, 2005. "Versioning and Quality Distortion in Software? Evidence from E-Commerce Panel Data," Working Papers 05-14, NET Institute, revised Oct 2005.
- Tucker, Catherine & Zhang, Juanjuan, 2007. "Long Tail or Steep Tail? A Field Investigation into How Online Popularity Information Affects the Distribution of Customer Choices," Working papers 39811, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Jason Chan & Anindya Ghose & Robert Seamans, 2013. "The Internet and Hate Crime: Offline Spillovers from Online Access," Working Papers 13-02, NET Institute.
- Christopher Klein & Shea Slonaker, 2010. "Chart Turnover and Sales in the Recorded Music Industry: 1990–2005," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 36(4), pages 351-372, June.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Astrid Dick & Michael Smith, 2010. "A nearly perfect market?," Quantitative Marketing and Economics, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 1-33, March.
- Chung-Ki Lee & Seung-Jun Kwak & Seung-Hoon Yoo, 2006. "Willingness to pay for a cyber ecological park," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(13), pages 843-846.
- Gao, Maija & Hyytinen, Ari & Toivanen, Otto, 2005. "Demand for Mobile Internet: Evidence from a Real-World Pricing Experiment," Discussion Papers 964, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Lee G. Branstetter & Chirantan Chatterjee & Matthew Higgins, 2011. "Regulation and Welfare: Evidence from Paragraph IV Generic Entry in the Pharmaceutical Industry," NBER Working Papers 17188, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bhatnagar, Amit & Syam, Siddhartha S., 2014. "Allocating a hybrid retailer's assortment across retail stores: Bricks-and-mortar vs online," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(6), pages 1293-1302.
- Stoneman, Paul, 2011. "Soft Innovation: Economics, Product Aesthetics, and the Creative Industries," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199697021, March.
- Joel Waldfogel, 2014. "Digitization and the Quality of New Media Products: The Case of Music," NBER Chapters, in: Economic Analysis of the Digital Economy, pages 407-442 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.