Electronic and Physical Market Channels: A Multiyear Investigation in a Market for Products of Uncertain Quality
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Eric K. Clemons & Bruce W. Weber, 1997. "Information Technology and Screen-Based Securities Trading: Pricing the Stock and Pricing the Trade," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(12), pages 1693-1708, December.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Michael D. Smith, 2000.
"Frictionless Commerce? A Comparison of Internet and Conventional Retailers,"
INFORMS, vol. 46(4), pages 563-585, April.
- Michael Smith & Erik Brynjolfsson, 1999. "Frictionless Commerce? A Comparison of Internet and Conventional Retailers," Computing in Economics and Finance 1999 1022, Society for Computational Economics.
- Sanjeev Dewan & Vernon Hsu, 2004. "Adverse Selection In Electronic Markets: Evidence From Online Stamp Auctions," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(4), pages 497-516, December.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Yu (Jeffrey) Hu & Michael D. Smith, 2003.
"Consumer Surplus in the Digital Economy: Estimating the Value of Increased Product Variety at Online Booksellers,"
INFORMS, vol. 49(11), pages 1580-1596, November.
- Brynjolfsson, Erik & Smith, Michael D. & Yu, (Jeffrey) Hu, 2003. "Consumer Surplus in the Digital Economy: Estimating the Value of Increased Product Variety at Online Booksellers," Working papers 4305-03, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Luis Garicano & Steven N. Kaplan, 2001.
"The Effects of Business-to-Business E-Commerce on Transaction Costs,"
NBER Chapters,in: E-commerce, pages 463-485
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Garicano, Luis & Kaplan, Steven N, 2001. "The Effects of Business-to-Business E-Commerce on Transaction Costs," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(4), pages 463-485, December.
- Luis Garicano & Steven N. Kaplan, 2000. "The Effects of Business-to-Business E-Commerce on Transaction Costs," NBER Working Papers 8017, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- J. Yannis Bakos, 1997. "Reducing Buyer Search Costs: Implications for Electronic Marketplaces," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(12), pages 1676-1692, December.
- Genesove, David, 1993. "Adverse Selection in the Wholesale Used Car Market," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(4), pages 644-665, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Olimov, Jafar M. & Roe, Brian E., 2017.
"Multidimensional quality sorting between online and offline auctions: The role of attribute transparency,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 145-169.
- Olimov, Jafar M. & Roe, Brian E., 2013. "Multi-dimensional Quality Sorting Between Online and Offline Auctions: The Role of Attribute Transparency," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150116, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Mingfeng Lin & Nagpurnanand R. Prabhala & Siva Viswanathan, 2013. "Judging Borrowers by the Company They Keep: Friendship Networks and Information Asymmetry in Online Peer-to-Peer Lending," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 59(1), pages 17-35, August.
- Eric Overby & Chris Forman, 2011. "The Effect of Electronic Commerce on Geographic Trade and Price Variance in a Business-to-Business Market," Working Papers 11-30, NET Institute.
- Tadelis, Steve & Zettelmeyer, Florian, 2009. "The Effect of Information on Auction Outcomes: A Large Scale Field Experiment," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt7t4834h2, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Palazzo, Francesco, 2017.
"Search costs and the severity of adverse selection,"
Research in Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 171-197.
- Francesco Palazzo, 2016. "Search costs and the severity of adverse selection," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 1073, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Koutroumpis, Pantelis & Leiponen, Aija & Thomas, Llewellyn D W, 2017. "The (Unfulfilled) Potential of Data Marketplaces," ETLA Working Papers 53, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Jason Kuruzovich & Siva Viswanathan & Ritu Agarwal, 2010. "Seller Search and Market Outcomes in Online Auctions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 56(10), pages 1702-1717, October.
- Kasing Man & Junbo Wang & Chunchi Wu, 2013. "Price Discovery in the U.S. Treasury Market: Automation vs. Intermediation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 59(3), pages 695-714, September.
- Rach, Sabine & Tschöpel, Michael, 2011. "Handelsplattformen im Internet: Eine Literaturstudie zur empirischen Evidenz," Arbeitspapiere 112, University of Münster, Institute for Cooperatives.
More about this item
Keywordsphysical markets; electronic markets; market channels; business-to-business auctions; quality uncertainty; adverse selection; market design; transaction costs; change over time; wholesale automotive;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:55:y:2009:i:6:p:940-957. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .