Bitcoin and the bailout
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Judith Chevalier & Austan Goolsbee, 2003. "Measuring Prices and Price Competition Online: Amazon.com and BarnesandNoble.com," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 203-222, June.
- Francois R. Velde, 2013. "Bitcoin: a primer," Chicago Fed Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Dec.
- Joshua R. Hendrickson & Thomas L. Hogan & William J. Luther, 2016. "The Political Economy Of Bitcoin," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 54(2), pages 925-939, April.
- William J. Luther, 2016. "Cryptocurrencies, Network Effects, And Switching Costs," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 34(3), pages 553-571, July.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Yu (Jeffrey) Hu & Michael D. Smith, 2003.
"Consumer Surplus in the Digital Economy: Estimating the Value of Increased Product Variety at Online Booksellers,"
Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 49(11), pages 1580-1596, November.
- Brynjolfsson, Erik & Smith, Michael D. & Yu, (Jeffrey) Hu, 2003. "Consumer Surplus in the Digital Economy: Estimating the Value of Increased Product Variety at Online Booksellers," Working papers 4305-03, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Anindya Ghose & Michael D. Smith & Rahul Telang, 2006. "Internet Exchanges for Used Books: An Empirical Analysis of Product Cannibalization and Welfare Impact," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 17(1), pages 3-19, March.
- Lawrence H. White, 2015. "The Market for Cryptocurrencies," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 35(2), pages 383-402, Spring/Su.
- Dwyer, Gerald P., 2015. "The economics of Bitcoin and similar private digital currencies," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 17(C), pages 81-91.
- Stephanie Lo & J. Christina Wang, 2014. "Bitcoin as money?," Current Policy Perspectives 14-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fang, Libing & Bouri, Elie & Gupta, Rangan & Roubaud, David, 2019.
"Does global economic uncertainty matter for the volatility and hedging effectiveness of Bitcoin?,"
International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 29-36.
- Libing Fang & Elie Bouri & Rangan Gupta & David Roubaud, 2018. "Does Global Economic Uncertainty Matter for the Volatility and Hedging Effectiveness of Bitcoin?," Working Papers 201858, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Catherine England & Craig Fratrik, 2018. "Where to Bitcoin?," Journal of Private Enterprise, The Association of Private Enterprise Education, vol. 33(Spring 20), pages 9-30.
- Selmi, Refk & Mensi, Walid & Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Bouoiyour, Jamal, 2018.
"Is Bitcoin a hedge, a safe haven or a diversifier for oil price movements? A comparison with gold,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 787-801.
- Refk Selmi & Walid Mensi & Shawkat Hammoudeh & Jamal Bouoiyour, 2018. "Is Bitcoin a hedge, a safe haven or a diversifier for oil price movements? A comparison with gold," Post-Print hal-01879667, HAL.
- Bouri, Elie & Gupta, Rangan & Lau, Chi Keung Marco & Roubaud, David & Wang, Shixuan, 2018.
"Bitcoin and global financial stress: A copula-based approach to dependence and causality in the quantiles,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 297-307.
- Elie Bouri & Rangan Gupta & Chi Keung Marco Lau & David Roubaud & Shixuan Wang, 2017. "Bitcoin and Global Financial Stress: A Copula-Based Approach to Dependence and Causality-in-Quantiles," Working Papers 201750, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Hussain Shahzad, Syed Jawad & Bouri, Elie & Roubaud, David & Kristoufek, Ladislav, 2020. "Safe haven, hedge and diversification for G7 stock markets: Gold versus bitcoin," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 212-224.
- Matkovskyy, Roman, 2019.
"Centralized and decentralized bitcoin markets: Euro vs USD vs GBP,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 270-279.
- Roman Matkovskyy, 2019. "Centralized and decentralized bitcoin markets: Euro vs USD vs GBP," Post-Print hal-02127175, HAL.
- Osamah Al-Khazali & Elie Bouri & David Roubaud, 2018. "The impact of positive and negative macroeconomic news surprises: Gold versus Bitcoin," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 38(1), pages 373-382.
- Corbet, Shaen & Lucey, Brian & Urquhart, Andrew & Yarovaya, Larisa, 2019. "Cryptocurrencies as a financial asset: A systematic analysis," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 182-199.
- Bouri, Elie & Gupta, Rangan & Lahiani, Amine & Shahbaz, Muhammad, 2018.
"Testing for asymmetric nonlinear short- and long-run relationships between bitcoin, aggregate commodity and gold prices,"
Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 224-235.
- Elie Bouri & Rangan Gupta & Amine Lahiani & Muhammad Shahbaz, 2017. "Testing for Asymmetric Nonlinear Short- and Long-Run Relationships between Bitcoin, Aggregate Commodity and Gold Prices," Working Papers 201760, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Isah, Kazeem O. & Raheem, Ibrahim D., 2019. "The hidden predictive power of cryptocurrencies and QE: Evidence from US stock market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 536(C).
- Obryan Poyser, 2017. "Exploring the determinants of Bitcoin's price: an application of Bayesian Structural Time Series," Papers 1706.01437, arXiv.org.
- Cheng, Jiameng & Dai, Yanke, 2020. "Is bitcoin a channel of capital inflow? Evidence from carry trade activity," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 261-278.
- Jamal Bouoiyour & Refk Selmi & Mark E. Wohar, 2019. "Bitcoin: competitor or complement to gold?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 39(1), pages 186-191.
- E. Fedorova A. & K. Bechvaya Z. & O. Rogov Yu. & Е. Федорова А. & К. Бечвая З. & О. Рогов Ю., 2018. "Влияние Тональности Новостей На Курс Биткоина // The Influence Of The Tonality Of News On The Exchange Rate Of Bitcoin," Финансы: теория и практика/Finance: Theory and Practice // Finance: Theory and Practice, ФГОБУВО Финансовый университет при Правительстве Российской Федерации // Financial University under The Government of Russian Federation, vol. 22(4), pages 104-113.
- Oh, Jeong Hun, 2018. "The Foreign Exchange Market With the Cryptocurrency and "Kimchi Premium"," 22nd ITS Biennial Conference, Seoul 2018. Beyond the boundaries: Challenges for business, policy and society 190386, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Yue-Jun Zhang & Elie Bouri & Rangan Gupta, 2020. "Risk Spillover between Bitcoin and Conventional Financial Markets: An Expectile-Based Approach," Working Papers 202027, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Shahzad, Syed Jawad Hussain & Bouri, Elie & Roubaud, David & Kristoufek, Ladislav & Lucey, Brian, 2019. "Is Bitcoin a better safe-haven investment than gold and commodities?," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 322-330.
- William J. Luther, 2018. "Is Bitcoin Intrinsically Worthless?," Journal of Private Enterprise, The Association of Private Enterprise Education, vol. 33(Spring 20), pages 31-45.
- Chan, Wing Hong & Le, Minh & Wu, Yan Wendy, 2019. "Holding Bitcoin longer: The dynamic hedging abilities of Bitcoin," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 107-113.
More about this item
KeywordsBitcoin; Cryptocurrency; Currency competition; Medium of exchange; Payment system;
- E40 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - General
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- E49 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Other
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:quaeco:v:66:y:2017:i:c:p:50-56. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620167 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.