Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- William J. Luther, 2013. "Friedman Versus Hayek on Private Outside Monies: New Evidence for the Debate," Economic Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(1), pages 127-135, February.
- Aiyagari, S. Rao & Wallace, Neil, 1997.
"Government Transaction Policy, the Medium of Exchange, and Welfare,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 1-18, May.
- S. Rao Aiyagari & Neil Wallace, 1995. "Government transaction policy, the medium of exchange, and welfare," Working Papers 516, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Fernández-Villaverde, Jesús & Sanches, Daniel, 2016.
"Can Currency Competition Work?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
11095, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jesús Fernández-Villaverde & Daniel Sanches, 2016. "Can Currency Competition Work?," NBER Working Papers 22157, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fernandez-Villaverde, Jesus & Sanches, Daniel R., 2016. "Can currency competition work?," Working Papers 16-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Christopher J. Waller & Elisabeth S. Curtis, 2003. "Currency restrictions, government transaction policies and currency exchange," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 21(1), pages 19-42, January.
- Li, Yiting & Wright, Randall, 1998. "Government Transaction Policy, Media of Exchange, and Prices," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 290-313, August.
- Dean Corbae & Ted Temzelides & Randall Wright, 2002. "Matching and Money," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(2), pages 67-71, May.
- Rainer Böhme & Nicolas Christin & Benjamin Edelman & Tyler Moore, 2015. "Bitcoin: Economics, Technology, and Governance," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 29(2), pages 213-238, Spring.
- repec:eme:aaeczz:s1529-213420140000018008 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lotz, Sebastien & Rocheteau, Guillaume, 2002. "On the Launching of a New Currency," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 34(3), pages 563-588, August.
- François Velde, 2013. "Bitcoin: a primer," Chicago Fed Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Dec.
- Selgin, George A, 1994. "On Ensuring the Acceptability of a New Fiat Money," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 26(4), pages 808-826, November.
- Joshua R. Hendrickson & Thomas L. Hogan & William J. Luther, 2016. "The Political Economy Of Bitcoin," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 54(2), pages 925-939, April.
- Dwyer, Gerald P., 2015. "The economics of Bitcoin and similar private digital currencies," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 17(C), pages 81-91.
- David Yermack, 2013. "Is Bitcoin a Real Currency? An economic appraisal," NBER Working Papers 19747, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dean Corbae & Ted Temzelides & Randall Wright, 2003. "Directed Matching and Monetary Exchange," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(3), pages 731-756, May.
- William J. Luther, 2016. "Cryptocurrencies, Network Effects, And Switching Costs," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 34(3), pages 553-571, July.
- George Selgin, 2003. "Adaptive Learning and the Transition to Fiat Money," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(484), pages 147-165, January.
- Aaron Yelowitz & Matthew Wilson, 2015.
"Characteristics of Bitcoin users: an analysis of Google search data,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(13), pages 1030-1036, September.
- Wilson, Matthew & Yelowitz, Aaron, 2014. "Characteristics of Bitcoin Users: An Analysis of Google Search Data," MPRA Paper 59661, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Goldberg, Dror, 2007. "Money with partially directed search," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 979-993, May.
More about this item
KeywordsBan; Bitcoin; Cryptocurrency; Currency; Endogenous matching; Money; Money matching; Political economy; Random matching; Transactions policy;
- C78 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Bargaining Theory; Matching Theory
- E41 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Demand for Money
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- E50 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeborg:v:141:y:2017:i:c:p:188-195. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.