Financial regulations and price inconsistencies across bitcoin markets
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Pieters, Gina & Vivanco, Sofia, 2017. "Financial regulations and price inconsistencies across Bitcoin markets," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 1-14.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pavel Ciaian & Miroslava Rajcaniova & d’Artis Kancs, 2016.
"The economics of BitCoin price formation,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(19), pages 1799-1815, April.
- Pavel Ciaian & Miroslava Rajcaniova & d'Artis Kancs, 2014. "The Economics of BitCoin Price Formation," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 2014/08, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Pavel Ciaian & Miroslava Rajcaniova & d'Artis Kancs, 2014. "The Economics of BitCoin Price Formation," Papers 1405.4498, arXiv.org.
- Kwiatkowski, Denis & Phillips, Peter C. B. & Schmidt, Peter & Shin, Yongcheol, 1992.
"Testing the null hypothesis of stationarity against the alternative of a unit root : How sure are we that economic time series have a unit root?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 159-178.
- Kwiatkowski, D. & Phillips, P.C.B. & Schmidt, P., 1990. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of Unit Root : How Sure are we that Economic Time Series have a Unit Root?," Papers 8905, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Denis Kwiatkowski & Peter C.B. Phillips & Peter Schmidt, 1991. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of a Unit Root: How Sure Are We That Economic Time Series Have a Unit Root?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 979, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- François Velde, 2013. "Bitcoin: a primer," Chicago Fed Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Dec.
- Marie Briere & Kim Oosterlinck & Ariane Szafarz, 2013.
"Virtual Currency, Tangible Return: Portfolio Diversification with Bitcoin,"
Working Papers CEB
13-031, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Marie Briere & Kim Oosterlinck & Ariane Szafarz, 2015. "Virtual Currency, Tangible Return: Portfolio Diversification with Bitcoins," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/226296, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Cheol S. Eun & Sanjiv Sabherwal, 2003. "Cross-Border Listings and Price Discovery: Evidence from U.S.-Listed Canadian Stocks," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 58(2), pages 549-576, April.
- Akram, Q. Farooq & Rime, Dagfinn & Sarno, Lucio, 2008.
"Arbitrage in the foreign exchange market: Turning on the microscope,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 237-253, December.
- Q. Farooq Akram, & Dagfinn Rime & Lucio Sarno, 2005. "Arbitrage in the foreign exchange market: Turning on the microscope," Working Paper 2005/12, Norges Bank.
- Akram, Farooq & Rime, Dagfinn & Sarno, Lucio, 2008. "Arbitrage in the Foreign Exchange Market: Turning on the Microscope," CEPR Discussion Papers 6878, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Akram, Q. Farooq & Rime, Dagfinn & Sarno, Lucio, 2006. "Arbitrage in the Foreign Exchange Market: Turning on the Microscope," SIFR Research Report Series 42, Institute for Financial Research.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- William J. Luther, 2016. "Cryptocurrencies, Network Effects, And Switching Costs," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 34(3), pages 553-571, July.
- Perron, Pierre & Rodriguez, Gabriel, 2003.
"GLS detrending, efficient unit root tests and structural change,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 1-27, July.
- Elliott, Graham & Rothenberg, Thomas J & Stock, James H, 1996. "Efficient Tests for an Autoregressive Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(4), pages 813-836, July.
- Elliott, Graham, 1999. "Efficient Tests for a Unit Root When the Initial Observation Is Drawn from Its Unconditional Distribution," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 40(3), pages 767-783, August.
- Graham Elliott & Thomas J. Rothenberg & James H. Stock, 1992. "Efficient Tests for an Autoregressive Unit Root," NBER Technical Working Papers 0130, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "ERSTEST: RATS procedure to perform Elliott-Rothenberg-Stock unit root tests," Statistical Software Components RTS00066, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "GLSDETREND: RATS procedure to perform local to unity GLS detrending," Statistical Software Components RTS00077, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Neil Gandal & Hanna Halaburda, 2014.
"Competition in the Cryptocurrency Market,"
14-17, NET Institute.
- Neil Gandal & Hanna Halaburda, 2014. "Competition in the Cryptocurrency Market," CESifo Working Paper Series 4980, CESifo Group Munich.
- Gandal, Neil & Halaburda, Hanna, 2014. "Competition in the Cryptocurrency Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 10157, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Neil Gandal & Hanna Halaburda, 2014. "Competition in the Cryptocurrency Market," Staff Working Papers 14-33, Bank of Canada.
- Aaron Yelowitz & Matthew Wilson, 2015.
"Characteristics of Bitcoin users: an analysis of Google search data,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(13), pages 1030-1036, September.
- Wilson, Matthew & Yelowitz, Aaron, 2014. "Characteristics of Bitcoin Users: An Analysis of Google Search Data," MPRA Paper 59661, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Toda, Hiro Y. & Yamamoto, Taku, 1995. "Statistical inference in vector autoregressions with possibly integrated processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1-2), pages 225-250.
- Johansen, Soren, 1995. "Likelihood-Based Inference in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Models," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774501.
- Parkinson, Michael, 1980. "The Extreme Value Method for Estimating the Variance of the Rate of Return," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(1), pages 61-65, January.
- Badev, Anton & Chen, Matthew, 2014. "Bitcoin: Technical Background and Data Analysis," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2014-104, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Lawrence H. White, 2015. "The Market for Cryptocurrencies," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 35(2), pages 383-402, Spring/Su.
- Rainer Böhme & Nicolas Christin & Benjamin Edelman & Tyler Moore, 2015. "Bitcoin: Economics, Technology, and Governance," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 29(2), pages 213-238, Spring.
- Ali, Robleh & Barrdear, John & Clews, Roger & Southgate, James, 2014. "The economics of digital currencies," Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, Bank of England, vol. 54(3), pages 276-286.
- Dwyer, Gerald P., 2015. "The economics of Bitcoin and similar private digital currencies," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 17(C), pages 81-91.
- Brandvold, Morten & Molnár, Peter & Vagstad, Kristian & Andreas Valstad, Ole Christian, 2015. "Price discovery on Bitcoin exchanges," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 18-35.
- Lo, Stephanie & Wang, J. Christina, 2014. "Bitcoin as money?," Current Policy Perspectives 14-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gina Christelle Pieters, 2017. "Bitcoin Reveals Exchange Rate Manipulation and Detects Capital Controls," 2017 Papers ppi307, Job Market Papers.
- Elie Bouri & Rangan Gupta & Chi Keung Marco Lau & David Roubaud & Shixuan Wang, 2017. "Bitcoin and Global Financial Stress: A Copula-Based Approach to Dependence and Causality-in-Quantiles," Working Papers 201750, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- repec:elg:eechap:17331_2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Qiang Ji & Elie Bouri & Rangan Gupta & David Roubaud, 2017. "Network Causality Structures among Bitcoin and other Financial Assets: A Directed Acyclic Graph Approach," Working Papers 201729, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- repec:fip:feddgm:00034 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ecolet:v:167:y:2018:i:c:p:81-85 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ecolet:v:167:y:2018:i:c:p:18-25 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gerald P. Dwyer, 2017. "Blockchain: a primer," Chapters,in: The Most Important Concepts in Finance, chapter 2, pages 12-27 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- repec:eee:ecolet:v:165:y:2018:i:c:p:28-34 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- K42 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Illegal Behavior and the Enforcement of Law
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-01-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-MKT-2017-01-22 (Marketing)
- NEP-PAY-2017-01-22 (Payment Systems & Financial Technology)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:feddgw:293. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amy Chapman). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbdaus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.