Price discovery on Bitcoin exchanges
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alfonso Dufour & Robert F. Engle, 2000.
"Time and the Price Impact of a Trade,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 55(6), pages 2467-2498, December.
- Dufour, Alfonso & Engle, Robert F, 1999. "Time and the Price Impact of a Trade," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt62c0h04j, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Marie Briere & Kim Oosterlinck & Ariane Szafarz, 2013.
"Virtual Currency, Tangible Return: Portfolio Diversification with Bitcoin,"
Working Papers CEB
13-031, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Marie Briere & Kim Oosterlinck & Ariane Szafarz, 2015. "Virtual Currency, Tangible Return: Portfolio Diversification with Bitcoins," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/226296, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Jones, Charles M & Kaul, Gautam & Lipson, Marc L, 1994. "Transactions, Volume, and Volatility," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 7(4), pages 631-651.
- repec:agr:journl:v:1(590):y:2014:i:1(590):p:103-114 is not listed on IDEAS
- Neil Gandal & Hanna Halaburda, 2014.
"Competition in the Cryptocurrency Market,"
14-17, NET Institute.
- Neil Gandal & Hanna Halaburda, 2014. "Competition in the Cryptocurrency Market," CESifo Working Paper Series 4980, CESifo Group Munich.
- Gandal, Neil & Halaburda, Hanna, 2014. "Competition in the Cryptocurrency Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 10157, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Neil Gandal & Hanna Halaburda, 2014. "Competition in the Cryptocurrency Market," Staff Working Papers 14-33, Bank of Canada.
- Ali, Robleh & Barrdear, John & Clews, Roger & Southgate, James, 2014. "The economics of digital currencies," Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, Bank of England, vol. 54(3), pages 276-286.
- Gonzalo, Jesus & Granger, Clive W J, 1995.
"Estimation of Common Long-Memory Components in Cointegrated Systems,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 13(1), pages 27-35, January.
- Gonzalo, J. & Granger, C., 1992. "Estimation of Common Long-Memory Components in Cointegrated Systems," Papers 4, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Easley, David & O'Hara, Maureen, 1987. "Price, trade size, and information in securities markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 69-90, September.
- Kempf, Alexander & Korn, Olaf, 1999. "Market depth and order size1," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 29-48, February.
- David Yermack, 2013. "Is Bitcoin a Real Currency? An economic appraisal," NBER Working Papers 19747, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bouoiyour, Jamal & Selmi, Refk & Tiwari, Aviral, 2014. "Is Bitcoin business income or speculative bubble? Unconditional vs. conditional frequency domain analysis," MPRA Paper 59595, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zhou, Bin, 1996. "High-Frequency Data and Volatility in Foreign-Exchange Rates," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 14(1), pages 45-52, January.
- Bouoiyour, Jamal & Selmi, Refk, 2014. "What Bitcoin Looks Like?," MPRA Paper 58091, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Martin Shubik, 2014. "Simecs, Ithaca Hours, Berkshares, Bitcoins and Walmarts," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1947, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Hasbrouck, Joel, 1995. " One Security, Many Markets: Determining the Contributions to Price Discovery," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(4), pages 1175-1199, September.
- Barclay, Michael J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1993. "Stealth trading and volatility : Which trades move prices?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 281-305, December.
- Andersen, Torben G, 2000. "Some Reflections on Analysis of High-Frequency Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 18(2), pages 146-153, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pieters, Gina, 2016. "Does bitcoin reveal new information about exchange rates and financial integration?," Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper 292, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Gina Christelle Pieters, 2017. "Bitcoin Reveals Exchange Rate Manipulation and Detects Capital Controls," 2017 Papers ppi307, Job Market Papers.
- Jamal Bouoiyour & Refk Selmi, 2017. "Are Trump and Bitcoin Good Partners?," Papers 1703.00308, arXiv.org.
- Anna Iwona Piotrowska & Dariusz Piotrowski, 2017. "Barriers to the functioning of the bitcoin system ? user assessment," Proceedings of Economics and Finance Conferences 4807736, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- repec:elg:eechap:17331_2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pieters, Gina & Vivanco, Sofia, 2017.
"Financial regulations and price inconsistencies across Bitcoin markets,"
Information Economics and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 1-14.
- Pieters, Gina & Vivanco, Sofia, 2016. "Financial regulations and price inconsistencies across bitcoin markets," Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper 293, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- repec:eee:japwor:v:46:y:2018:i:c:p:56-63 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:64:y:2017:i:c:p:74-81 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bouri, Elie & Molnár, Peter & Azzi, Georges & Roubaud, David & Hagfors, Lars Ivar, 2017. "On the hedge and safe haven properties of Bitcoin: Is it really more than a diversifier?," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 192-198.
- Fantazzini, Dean & Nigmatullin, Erik & Sukhanovskaya, Vera & Ivliev, Sergey, 2016.
"Everything you always wanted to know about bitcoin modelling but were afraid to ask. I,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 44, pages 5-24.
- Fantazzini, Dean & Nigmatullin, Erik & Sukhanovskaya, Vera & Ivliev, Sergey, 2016. "Everything you always wanted to know about bitcoin modelling but were afraid to ask," MPRA Paper 71946, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2016.
- repec:spt:apfiba:v:7:y:2017:i:3:f:7_3_4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Walther & Tony Klein & Hien Pham Thu, 2018. "Bitcoin is not the New Gold - A Comparison of Volatility, Correlation, and Portfolio Performance," Working Papers on Finance 1812, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- Jarunee Wonglimpiyarat, 2016. "Technological Change of the Innovation Payment System," International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management (IJITM), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 13(04), pages 1-20, August.
- Elie Bouri & Luis A. Gil-Alana & Rangan Gupta & David Roubaud, 2016. "Modelling Long Memory Volatility in the Bitcoin Market: Evidence of Persistence and Structural Breaks," Working Papers 201654, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Fantazzini, Dean & Nigmatullin, Erik & Sukhanovskaya, Vera & Ivliev, Sergey, 2017. "Everything you always wanted to know about bitcoin modelling but were afraid to ask. Part 2," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 45, pages 5-28.
- Gerald P. Dwyer, 2017. "Blockchain: a primer," Chapters,in: The Most Important Concepts in Finance, chapter 2, pages 12-27 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Beata Szetela & Grzegorz Mentel & Stanislaw Gedek, 2016. "Dependency analysis between Bitcoin and selected global currencies," Dynamic Econometric Models, Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika, vol. 16, pages 133-144.
- Zura Kakushadze & Jim Kyung-Soo Liew, 2018. "CryptoRuble: From Russia with Love," Papers 1801.05760, arXiv.org.
- Lim, Siok Jin & Masih, Mansur, 2017. "Exploring portfolio diversification opportunities in Islamic capital markets through bitcoin: evidence from MGARCH-DCC and Wavelet approaches," MPRA Paper 79752, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:finlet:v:23:y:2017:i:c:p:300-305 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jamal BOUOIYOUR & Refk SELMI & Aviral Kumar TIWARI & Olaolu Richard OLAYENI, 2015. "What Determines Bitcoinâ€™s Value?," Working Papers 2014-2015_13, CATT - UPPA - Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour, revised May 2015.
- repec:ibn:ijefaa:v:10:y:2018:i:1:p:13-22 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsBitcoin; Price discovery; Information share;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intfin:v:36:y:2015:i:c:p:18-35. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/intfin .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.