Competition in the Cryptocurrency Market
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Neil Gandal & Hanna Halaburda, 2014. "Competition in the Cryptocurrency Market," CESifo Working Paper Series 4980, CESifo Group Munich.
- Neil Gandal & Hanna Halaburda, 2014. "Competition in the Cryptocurrency Market," Staff Working Papers 14-33, Bank of Canada.
- Neil Gandal & Hanna Halaburda, 2014. "Competition in the Cryptocurrency Market," Working Papers 14-17, NET Institute.
References listed on IDEAS
- Joshua S. Gans & Hanna Halaburda, 2015. "Some Economics of Private Digital Currency," NBER Chapters,in: Economic Analysis of the Digital Economy, pages 257-276 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hanna Halaburda & Mikolaj Jan Piskorski, 2010. "Competing by Restricting Choice: The Case of Search Platforms," Harvard Business School Working Papers 10-098, Harvard Business School, revised Jan 2013.
- Glenn Ellison & Drew Fudenberg, 2003.
"Knife-Edge or Plateau: When Do Market Models Tip?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 118(4), pages 1249-1278.
- Glenn Ellison & Drew Fudenberg, 2003. "Knife Edge of Plateau: When Do Market Models Tip?," NBER Working Papers 9528, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fudenberg, Drew & Ellison, Glenn, 2003. "Knife-Edge or Plateau: When Do Market Models Tip?," Scholarly Articles 3160493, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Glenn Ellison & Drew Fudenberg, 2003. "Knife-Edge or Plateau: When do Market Models Tip?," Levine's Working Paper Archive 506439000000000098, David K. Levine.
- Ben Fung & Hanna Halaburda, 2014. "Understanding Platform-Based Digital Currencies," Bank of Canada Review, Bank of Canada, vol. 2014(Spring), pages 12-20.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-438, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eco:journ4:2018-02-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Huberman, Gur & Leshno, Jacob D. & Moallemi, Ciamac, 2017. "Monopoly without a monopolist : An economic analysis of the bitcoin payment system," Research Discussion Papers 27/2017, Bank of Finland.
- Pieters, Gina & Vivanco, Sofia, 2017.
"Financial regulations and price inconsistencies across Bitcoin markets,"
Information Economics and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 1-14.
- Pieters, Gina & Vivanco, Sofia, 2016. "Financial regulations and price inconsistencies across bitcoin markets," Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper 293, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Fry, John & Cheah, Eng-Tuck, 2016. "Negative bubbles and shocks in cryptocurrency markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 343-352.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Alex Plastun, 2017.
"The Day of the Week Effect in the Crypto Currency Market,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
1694, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Alex Plastun, 2017. "The Day of the Week Effect in the Crypto Currency Market," CESifo Working Paper Series 6716, CESifo Group Munich.
- Abeer ElBahrawy & Laura Alessandretti & Anne Kandler & Romualdo Pastor-Satorras & Andrea Baronchelli, 2017. "Evolutionary dynamics of the cryptocurrency market," Papers 1705.05334, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2017.
- Andreas Hanl, 2018. "Some Insights into the Development of Cryptocurrencies," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201804, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Brandvold, Morten & Molnár, Peter & Vagstad, Kristian & Andreas Valstad, Ole Christian, 2015. "Price discovery on Bitcoin exchanges," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 18-35.
- Wilko Bolt & Maarten van Oordt, 2016. "On the Value of Virtual Currencies," Staff Working Papers 16-42, Bank of Canada.
- Anne Haubo Dyhrberg, 2015. "Hedging Capabilities of Bitcoin. Is it the virtual gold?," Working Papers 201521, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Chengyi Tu & Paolo DOdorico & Samir Suweis, 2018. "Critical slowing down associated with critical transition and risk of collapse in cryptocurrency," Papers 1806.08386, arXiv.org.
- repec:eee:finlet:v:23:y:2017:i:c:p:87-95 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bouri, Elie & Gupta, Rangan & Tiwari, Aviral Kumar & Roubaud, David, 2017.
"Does Bitcoin hedge global uncertainty? Evidence from wavelet-based quantile-in-quantile regressions,"
Finance Research Letters,
Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 87-95.
- Elie Bouri & Rangan Gupta & Aviral Kumar Tiwari & David Roubaud, 2016. "Does Bitcoin Hedge Global Uncertainty? Evidence from Wavelet-Based Quantile-in-Quantile Regressions," Working Papers 201690, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Jonathan Chiu & Thorsten Koeppl, 2017. "The Economics of Cryptocurrencies - Bitcoin and Beyond," Working Papers 1389, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Christopher S. Henry & Kim P. Huynh & Gradon Nicholls, 2017. "Bitcoin Awareness and Usage in Canada," Staff Working Papers 17-56, Bank of Canada.
- Adam Hayes, 2015. "The Decision to Produce Altcoins: Miners' Arbitrage in Cryptocurrency Markets," Working Papers 1504, New School for Social Research, Department of Economics.
- Lim, Siok Jin & Masih, Mansur, 2017. "Exploring portfolio diversification opportunities in Islamic capital markets through bitcoin: evidence from MGARCH-DCC and Wavelet approaches," MPRA Paper 79752, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsBitcoin; cryptocurrency; network effects;
- L17 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Open Source Products and Markets
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-12-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2014-12-24 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-ICT-2014-12-24 (Information & Communication Technologies)
- NEP-IND-2014-12-24 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-NET-2014-12-24 (Network Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:10157. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.