Competition in the Cryptocurrency Market
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Neil Gandal & Hanna Halaburda, 2014. "Competition in the Cryptocurrency Market," CESifo Working Paper Series 4980, CESifo Group Munich.
- Neil Gandal & Hanna Halaburda, 2014. "Competition in the Cryptocurrency Market," Staff Working Papers 14-33, Bank of Canada.
- Neil Gandal & Hanna Halaburda, 2014. "Competition in the Cryptocurrency Market," Working Papers 14-17, NET Institute.
References listed on IDEAS
- Joshua S. Gans & Hanna Halaburda, 2015. "Some Economics of Private Digital Currency," NBER Chapters,in: Economic Analysis of the Digital Economy, pages 257-276 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hanna Halaburda & Mikolaj Jan Piskorski, 2010. "Competing by Restricting Choice: The Case of Search Platforms," Harvard Business School Working Papers 10-098, Harvard Business School, revised Jan 2013.
- Glenn Ellison & Drew Fudenberg, 2003.
"Knife-Edge or Plateau: When Do Market Models Tip?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 118(4), pages 1249-1278.
- Glenn Ellison & Drew Fudenberg, 2003. "Knife Edge of Plateau: When Do Market Models Tip?," NBER Working Papers 9528, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fudenberg, Drew & Ellison, Glenn, 2003. "Knife-Edge or Plateau: When Do Market Models Tip?," Scholarly Articles 3160493, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Glenn Ellison & Drew Fudenberg, 2003. "Knife-Edge or Plateau: When do Market Models Tip?," Levine's Working Paper Archive 506439000000000098, David K. Levine.
- Ben Fung & Hanna Halaburda, 2014. "Understanding Platform-Based Digital Currencies," Bank of Canada Review, Bank of Canada, vol. 2014(Spring), pages 12-20.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-438, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eco:journ4:2018-02-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Huberman, Gur & Leshno, Jacob D. & Moallemi, Ciamac, 2017. "Monopoly without a monopolist : An economic analysis of the bitcoin payment system," Research Discussion Papers 27/2017, Bank of Finland.
- Pieters, Gina & Vivanco, Sofia, 2017.
"Financial regulations and price inconsistencies across Bitcoin markets,"
Information Economics and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 1-14.
- Pieters, Gina & Vivanco, Sofia, 2016. "Financial regulations and price inconsistencies across bitcoin markets," Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper 293, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Fry, John & Cheah, Eng-Tuck, 2016. "Negative bubbles and shocks in cryptocurrency markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 343-352.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Alex Plastun, 2017.
"The Day of the Week Effect in the Crypto Currency Market,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
1694, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Alex Plastun, 2017. "The Day of the Week Effect in the Crypto Currency Market," CESifo Working Paper Series 6716, CESifo Group Munich.
- Abeer ElBahrawy & Laura Alessandretti & Anne Kandler & Romualdo Pastor-Satorras & Andrea Baronchelli, 2017. "Evolutionary dynamics of the cryptocurrency market," Papers 1705.05334, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2017.
- Andreas Hanl, 2018. "Some Insights into the Development of Cryptocurrencies," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201804, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Brandvold, Morten & Molnár, Peter & Vagstad, Kristian & Andreas Valstad, Ole Christian, 2015. "Price discovery on Bitcoin exchanges," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 18-35.
- Wilko Bolt & Maarten van Oordt, 2016. "On the Value of Virtual Currencies," Staff Working Papers 16-42, Bank of Canada.
- Anne Haubo Dyhrberg, 2015. "Hedging Capabilities of Bitcoin. Is it the virtual gold?," Working Papers 201521, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Chengyi Tu & Paolo DOdorico & Samir Suweis, 2018. "Critical slowing down associated with critical transition and risk of collapse in cryptocurrency," Papers 1806.08386, arXiv.org.
- repec:eee:finlet:v:23:y:2017:i:c:p:87-95 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bouri, Elie & Gupta, Rangan & Tiwari, Aviral Kumar & Roubaud, David, 2017.
"Does Bitcoin hedge global uncertainty? Evidence from wavelet-based quantile-in-quantile regressions,"
Finance Research Letters,
Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 87-95.
- Elie Bouri & Rangan Gupta & Aviral Kumar Tiwari & David Roubaud, 2016. "Does Bitcoin Hedge Global Uncertainty? Evidence from Wavelet-Based Quantile-in-Quantile Regressions," Working Papers 201690, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Jonathan Chiu & Thorsten Koeppl, 2017. "The Economics of Cryptocurrencies - Bitcoin and Beyond," Working Papers 1389, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Christopher S. Henry & Kim P. Huynh & Gradon Nicholls, 2017. "Bitcoin Awareness and Usage in Canada," Staff Working Papers 17-56, Bank of Canada.
- Adam Hayes, 2015. "The Decision to Produce Altcoins: Miners' Arbitrage in Cryptocurrency Markets," Working Papers 1504, New School for Social Research, Department of Economics.
- Lim, Siok Jin & Masih, Mansur, 2017. "Exploring portfolio diversification opportunities in Islamic capital markets through bitcoin: evidence from MGARCH-DCC and Wavelet approaches," MPRA Paper 79752, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsBitcoin; cryptocurrency; network effects;
- L17 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Open Source Products and Markets
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-12-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2014-12-24 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-ICT-2014-12-24 (Information & Communication Technologies)
- NEP-IND-2014-12-24 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-NET-2014-12-24 (Network Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:10157. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.