Some Economics of Private Digital Currency
In: Economic Analysis of the Digital Economy
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean Tirole, 2014.
"Platform Competition in Two-Sided Markets,"
CPI Journal, Competition Policy International, vol. 10.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles & Triole, Jean, 2002. "Platform competition in two sided markets," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24929, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean Triole, 2002. "Platform Competition in Two Sided Markets," FMG Discussion Papers dp409, Financial Markets Group.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles & Tirole, Jean, 2003. "Platform Competition in Two-Sided Markets," IDEI Working Papers 152, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Gans Joshua S & King Stephen P, 2003. "The Neutrality of Interchange Fees in Payment Systems," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 3(1), pages 1-18, January.
- E. Glen Weyl, 2010. "A Price Theory of Multi-sided Platforms," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 100(4), pages 1642-1672, September.
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean Tirole, 2002. "Cooperation Among Competitors: Some Economics Of Payment Card Associations," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 33(4), pages 549-570, Winter.
- Rockoff, Hugh, 1974. "The Free Banking Era: A Reexamination," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 6(2), pages 141-167, May.
- repec:rje:randje:v:37:y:2006:3:p:668-691 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Castronova, Edward & Knowles, Isaac & Ross, Travis L., 2015. "Policy questions raised by virtual economies," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 787-795.
- Andreas Hanl, 2019. "Waehrungswettbewerber Facebook: Oekonomische Implikationen der Corporate Cryptocurrency Libra," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201930, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Neil Gandal & Hanna Halaburda, 2014.
"Competition in the Cryptocurrency Market,"
14-17, NET Institute.
- Neil Gandal & Hanna Halaburda, 2014. "Competition in the Cryptocurrency Market," CESifo Working Paper Series 4980, CESifo.
- Gandal, Neil & Halaburda, Hanna, 2014. "Competition in the Cryptocurrency Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 10157, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Neil Gandal & Hanna Halaburda, 2014. "Competition in the Cryptocurrency Market," Staff Working Papers 14-33, Bank of Canada.
- Jonathan Chiu & Thorsten V. Koeppl, 2017.
"The Economics Of Cryptocurrencies - Bitcoin And Beyond,"
1389, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- Jonathan Chiu, 2019. "The Economics of Cryptocurrencies -- Bitcoin and Beyond," 2019 Meeting Papers 425, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Jonathan Chiu & Thorsten Koeppl, 2019. "The Economics of Cryptocurrencies—Bitcoin and Beyond," Staff Working Papers 19-40, Bank of Canada.
- Yannis Bakos & Hanna Halaburda, 2019. "The Role of Cryptographic Tokens and ICOs in Fostering Platform Adoption," CESifo Working Paper Series 7752, CESifo.
- Huberman, Gur & Leshno, Jacob & Moalleni, Ciamac, 2017.
"Monopoly Without a Monopolist: An Economic Analysis of the Bitcoin Payment System,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
12322, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Huberman, Gur & Leshno, Jacob D. & Moallemi, Ciamac, 2017. "Monopoly without a monopolist : An economic analysis of the bitcoin payment system," Research Discussion Papers 27/2017, Bank of Finland.
- Easley, David & O'Hara, Maureen & Basu, Soumya, 2019. "From mining to markets: The evolution of bitcoin transaction fees," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 134(1), pages 91-109.
- Benito Arruñada & Luis Garicano, 2018. "Blockchain: The birth of decentralized governance," Economics Working Papers 1608, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Beata Szetela & Grzegorz Mentel & Stanislaw Gedek, 2016. "Dependency analysis between Bitcoin and selected global currencies," Dynamic Econometric Models, Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika, vol. 16, pages 133-144.
- Stephanie Lo & J. Christina Wang, 2014. "Bitcoin as money?," Current Policy Perspectives 14-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Ben Fung & Miguel Molico & Gerald Stuber, 2014. "Electronic Money and Payments: Recent Developments and Issues," Discussion Papers 14-2, Bank of Canada.
- Neil Gandal & Hanna Halaburda, 2016. "Can We Predict the Winner in a Market with Network Effects? Competition in Cryptocurrency Market," Games, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(3), pages 1-21, July.
- Winston Moore & Jeremy Stephen & Caroline Elliott, 2016. "Should cryptocurrencies be included in the portfolio of international reserves held by central banks?," Cogent Economics & Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(1), pages 1147119-114, December.
- Hosain, Md Sajjad, 2018. "Bitcoin: Future transaction currency?," MPRA Paper 87588, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Canidio, Andrea, 2018. "Financial incentives for open source development: the case of Blockchain," MPRA Paper 85352, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
- D42 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Monopoly
- E4 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:12992. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.