News Aggregators and Competition among Newspapers on the Internet
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chrysanthos Dellarocas & Zsolt Katona & William Rand, 2013. "Media, Aggregators, and the Link Economy: Strategic Hyperlink Formation in Content Networks," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 59(10), pages 2360-2379, October.
- Gabszewicz, Jean J. & Laussel, Dider & Sonnac, Nathalie, 2001. "Press advertising and the ascent of the 'Pensee Unique'," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(4-6), pages 641-651, May.
- James Rutt, 2011. "Aggregators and the News Industry: Charging for Access to Content," Working Papers 11-19, NET Institute, revised Sep 2011.
- Lisa M. George & Christiaan Hogendorn, 2014. "Local News Online: Aggregators, Geo-Targeting and the Market for Local News," Economics Working Paper Archive at Hunter College 443, Hunter College Department of Economics.
- Chrysanthos Dellarocas & Zsolt Katona & William Rand, 2010. "Media, Aggregators and the Link Economy: Strategic Hyperlink Formation in Content Networks," Working Papers 10-13, NET Institute.
- Anderson, Simon P. & Foros, Øystein & Kind, Hans Jarle & Peitz, Martin, 2012.
"Media market concentration, advertising levels, and ad prices,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 321-325.
- Anderson, Simon P. & Foros, Øystein & Kind, Hans Jarle & Peitz, Martin, 2011. "Media market concentration, advertising levels, and ad prices," Discussion Paper Series in Economics 24/2011, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Economics.
- Simon P. Anderson & Oystein Foros & Hans Jarle Kind & Martin Peitz, 2011. "Media Market Concentration, Advertising Levels, and Ad Prices," CESifo Working Paper Series 3677, CESifo Group Munich.
- Joan Calzada & Guillem Ordóñez, 2012. "Competition in the news industry: fighting aggregators with versions and links," Working Papers 12-22, NET Institute.
- Hyunho Kim & Konstantinos Serfes, 2006. "A LOCATION MODEL WITH PREFERENCE FOR VARIETY -super-," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(4), pages 569-595, December.
- George, Lisa M. & Hogendorn, Christiaan, 2012. "Aggregators, search and the economics of new media institutions," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 40-51.
More about this item
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- D22 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Empirical Analysis
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L82 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Entertainment; Media
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aejmic:v:8:y:2016:i:4:p:91-114. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.