Media, Aggregators and the Link Economy: Strategic Hyperlink Formation in Content Networks
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Galeotti, Andrea & Goyal, Sanjeev, 2007. "The Law of the Few," Economics Discussion Papers 2981, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Bloch, Francis & Dutta, Bhaskar, 2009.
"Communication networks with endogenous link strength,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 39-56, May.
- Bloch, Francis & Dutta, Bhaskar, 2005. "Communication Networks with Endogenous Link Strength," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 723, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Francis Bloch & Bhaskar Dutta, 2008. "Communication networks with endogeneous link strength," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 08-15, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Cabrales, Antonio & Calvó-Armengol, Antoni & Zenou, Yves, 2011.
"Social interactions and spillovers,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 339-360, June.
- Cabrales, Antonio & Calvó-Armengol, Antoni & Zenou, Yves, 2010. "Social Interactions and Spillovers," CEPR Discussion Papers 8127, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Cabrales, Antonio & Calvó-Armengol, Antoni & Zenou, Yves, 2010. "Social Interactions and Spillovers," Research Papers in Economics 2010:20, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- Bramoulle, Yann & Kranton, Rachel, 2007. "Public goods in networks," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 135(1), pages 478-494, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Larbi Alaoui & Fabrizio Germano, 2012.
"Time scarcity and the market for news,"
Economics Working Papers
1348, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Sep 2014.
- Larbi Alaoui & Fabrizio Germano, 2015. "Time Scarcity and the Market for News," Working Papers halshs-01251522, HAL.
- Larbi Alaoui & Fabrizio Germano, 2015. "Time Scarcity and the Market for News," AMSE Working Papers 1552, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, Marseille, France, revised 27 Dec 2015.
- Larbi Alaoui & Fabrizio Germano, 2014. "Time Scarcity and the Market for News," Working Papers 675, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Peitz, Martin & Reisinger, Markus, 2014. "The Economics of Internet Media," Working Papers 14-23, University of Mannheim, Department of Economics.
- James Rutt, 2011. "Aggregators and the News Industry: Charging for Access to Content," Working Papers 11-19, NET Institute, revised Sep 2011.
- Joan Calzada & Guillem Ordóñez, 2012. "Competition in the news industry: fighting aggregators with versions and links," Working Papers 12-22, NET Institute.
- de Cornière, Alexandre & Taylor, Greg, 2016. "A Model of Biased Intermediation," CEPR Discussion Papers 11457, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Matthew Ellman & Tomás Rodríguez Barraquer, 2016. "Strategic grouping and search for quality journalism, online versus offline," Working Papers 16-21, NET Institute.
- Gal OEstreicher-Singer & Barak Libai, 2011. "Assessing Value in Product Networks," Working Papers 11-29, NET Institute, revised Sep 2011.
- Esfahani, Nikrooz Nasr & Jeon, Doh-Shin, 2013. "News Aggregators and Competition Among Newspapers on the Internet," TSE Working Papers 13-388, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE), revised 16 Jul 2014.
- George, Lisa M. & Hogendorn, Christiaan, 2012. "Aggregators, search and the economics of new media institutions," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 40-51.
- Alexandre de Corniere & Miklos Sarvary, 2017. "Social Media and the News Industry," Working Papers 17-07, NET Institute.
- Doh-Shin Jeon & Nikrooz Nasr Esfahani, 2012. "News Aggregators and Competition Among Newspapers in the Internet," Working Papers 12-20, NET Institute.
- Ron Berman & Zsolt Katona, 2016. "The Impact of Curation Algorithms on Social Network Content Quality and Structure," Working Papers 16-08, NET Institute.
- Hong, Sounman, 2012. "Online news on Twitter: Newspapers’ social media adoption and their online readership," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 69-74.
- Doh-Shin Jeon & Nikrooz Nasr, 2016. "News Aggregators and Competition among Newspapers on the Internet," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 8(4), pages 91-114, November.
- Alexandre de Cornière & Greg Taylor, 2014. "Quality Provision in the Presence of a Biased Intermediary," Working Papers 14-06, NET Institute.
- Esfahani, Nikrooz Nasr & Jeon, Doh-Shin, 2013. "News Aggregators and Competition Among Newspapers in the Internet," IDEI Working Papers 770, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised 16 Jul 2014.
More about this item
Keywordshyperlinks; content networks; content aggregators; strategic network formation.;
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- D85 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Network Formation
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
- O34 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Intellectual Property and Intellectual Capital
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-10-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2010-10-16 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-ICT-2010-10-16 (Information & Communication Technologies)
- NEP-MKT-2010-10-16 (Marketing)
- NEP-NET-2010-10-16 (Network Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:net:wpaper:1013. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nicholas Economides). General contact details of provider: http://www.NETinst.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.