Consumer Choice and Merchant Acceptance of Payment Media
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Wilko Bolt & Sujit Chakravorti, 2008. "Consumer choice and merchant acceptance of payment media," Working Paper Series WP-08-11, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
References listed on IDEAS
- Humphrey, David B., 2004.
"Replacement of cash by cards in US consumer payments,"
Journal of Economics and Business,
Elsevier, pages 211-225.
- Kosempel, S., 2003. "Finite lifetimes and government spending in an endogenous growth model," Working Papers 2003-13, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean Tirole, 2014.
"Platform Competition in Two-Sided Markets,"
Competition Policy International.
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean Triole, 2002. "Platform Competition in Two Sided Markets," FMG Discussion Papers dp409, Financial Markets Group.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles & Triole, Jean, 2002. "Platform competition in two sided markets," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24929, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles & Tirole, Jean, 2003. "Platform Competition in Two-Sided Markets," IDEI Working Papers 152, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Bolt, Wilko & Tieman, Alexander F., 2008. "Heavily skewed pricing in two-sided markets," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 1250-1255, September.
- Mark Armstrong, 2006. "Competition in two‐sided markets," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 37(3), pages 668-691, September.
- James J. McAndrews & Zhu Wang, 2006.
"Microfoundations of two-sided markets: the payment card example,"
Payments System Research Working Paper
PSR WP 06-01, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- James McAndrews & Zhu Wang, 2007. "Microfoundations of Two-sided Markets: The Payment Card Example," DNB Working Papers 128, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean Tirole, 2002. "Cooperation Among Competitors: Some Economics Of Payment Card Associations," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, pages 549-570.
- Sujit Chakravorti & William R. Emmons, 2001. "Who pays for credit cards?," Occasional Paper; Emerging Payments EPS-2001-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Jean‐Charles Rochet & Jean Tirole, 2006. "Two‐sided markets: a progress report," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, pages 645-667.
- Chakravorti Sujit & Roson Roberto, 2006.
"Platform Competition in Two-Sided Markets: The Case of Payment Networks,"
Review of Network Economics,
De Gruyter, pages 1-25.
- Sujit Chakravorti & Roberto Roson, 2004. "Platform competition in two-sided markets: the case of payment networks," Working Paper Series WP-04-09, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Wright, Julian, 2003. "Optimal card payment systems," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(4), pages 587-612, August.
- Julian Wright, 2004.
"The Determinants of Optimal Interchange Fees in Payment Systems,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(1), pages 1-26, March.
- Wright, Julian, 2001. "The Determinants of Optimal Interchange Fees in Payment Systems," Working Papers 176, Department of Economics, The University of Auckland.
- Julian Wright, 2001. "The Determinants of Optimal Interchange Fees in Payment Systems," Industrial Organization 0108001, EconWPA.
- Benjamin E. Hermalin & Michael L. Katz, 2004.
"Sender or Receiver: Who Should Pay to Exchange an Electronic Message?,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, pages 423-447.
- Katz, Michael & E, Benjamin. Hermalin, 2005. "Sender or Receiver: Who should pay to Exchange an Electronic Messages?," Working Paper Series 3812, Victoria University of Wellington, The New Zealand Institute for the Study of Competition and Regulation.
- Wilko Bolt, 2006. "Retail Payments in the Netherlands: Facts and Theory," De Economist, Springer, pages 345-372.
- Chakravorti, Sujit & To, Ted, 2007. "A theory of credit cards," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 583-595, June.
- repec:rje:randje:v:37:y:2006:3:p:645-667 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ping He & Lixin Huang & Randall Wright, 2005. "Money And Banking In Search Equilibrium," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 46(2), pages 637-670, May.
- W. Bolt, 2003. "Retail Payments in the Netherlands: some Facts and Some Theory," WO Research Memoranda (discontinued) 722, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Philip H. Dybvig, 2000. "Bank runs, deposit insurance, and liquidity," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, pages 14-23.
- Terri Bradford, 2008. "Developments in interchange fees in the United States and abroad," Payments System Research Briefing, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Apr.
- JOHN M. Barron & MICHAEL E. Staten & JOHN Umbeck, 1992. "Discounts For Cash In Retail Gasoline Marketing," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 10(4), pages 89-102, October.
- Gans Joshua S & King Stephen P, 2003.
"The Neutrality of Interchange Fees in Payment Systems,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, pages 1-18.
- Michael Kiley, 2002. "How Should Unemployment Benefits Respond to the Business Cycle?," Computing in Economics and Finance 2002 167, Society for Computational Economics.
- Michael T. Kiley, 2003. "How should unemployment benefits respond to the business cycle?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2003-01, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
More about this item
KeywordsRetail Financial Services; Network Effects; Social Welfare; Multihoming; Payment Card Networks;
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- D53 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Financial Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-01-31 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2009-01-31 (Banking)
- NEP-NET-2009-01-31 (Network Economics)
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dnb:dnbwpp:197. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rob Vet). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dnbgvnl.html .