Citations for "The Corporate Governance Role of the Media: Evidence from Russia"
by Alexander Dyck & Natalya Volchkova & Luigi Zingales
- Camelia M. Kuhnen & Alexandra Niessen, 2012.
"Public Opinion and Executive Compensation,"
INFORMS, vol. 58(7), pages 1249-1272, July.
- Rafael Di Tella & Ignacio Franceschelli, 2009.
"Government Advertising and Media Coverage of Corruption Scandals,"
NBER Working Papers
15402, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rafael Di Tella & Ignacio Franceschelli, 2011. "Government Advertising and Media Coverage of Corruption Scandals," American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 3(4), pages 119-51, October.
- Jason Kotter & Ugur Lel, 2008.
"Friends or foes? The stock price impact of sovereign wealth fund investments and the price of keeping secrets,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
940, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Kotter, Jason & Lel, Ugur, 2011. "Friends or foes? Target selection decisions of sovereign wealth funds and their consequences," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 101(2), pages 360-381, August.
- Karolyi, G. Andrew & Lee, Kuan Hui & van Dijk, Mathijs A., 2007. "Common Patterns in Commonality in Returns, Liquidity, and Turnover around the World," Working Paper Series 2007-16, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Bignon, Vincent & Flandreau, Marc, 2011.
"The Economics of Badmouthing: Libel Law and the Underworld of the Financial Press in France Before World War I,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 71(03), pages 616-653, September.
- Vincent Bignon & Marc Flandreau, 2010. "The Economics of Badmouthing: Libel Law and the Underworld of the Financial Press in France before World War I," EconomiX Working Papers 2010-18, University of Paris West - Nanterre la Défense, EconomiX.
- Vincent Bignon, Marc Flandreau, 2010. "The Economics of Badmouthing: Libel Law and the Underworld of the Financial Press in France before World War I," IHEID Working Papers 15-2010, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies.
- Lucian A. Bebchuk & Zvika Neeman, 2010.
"Investor Protection and Interest Group Politics,"
in: Corporate Governance
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter T. Leeson, 2008. "Media Freedom, Political Knowledge, and Participation," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 22(2), pages 155-169, Spring.
- Ulrike Malmendier & Geoffrey Tate, 2008.
NBER Working Papers
14140, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maria Petrova, 2009. "Newspapers and Parties: How Advertising Revenues Created an Independent Press," Working Papers w0131, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Zhang, Zhaoguo & Jin, Xiaocui & Yang, Qingxiang & Zhang, Yi, 2013. "An empirical study on the institutional factors of energy conservation and emissions reduction: Evidence from listed companies in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 36-42.
- Dyck, Alexander & Morse, Adair & Zingales, Luigi, 2007.
"Who Blows the Whistle on Corporate Fraud?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6126, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Olga Lazareva & Andrei Rachinsky & Sergey Stepanov, 2007. "A Survey of Corporate Governance in Russia," Working Papers w0103, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Durnev, Art & Fauver, Larry, 2008. "Stealing from Thieves: Firm Governance and Performance when States are Predatory," CEI Working Paper Series 2008-12, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Ming Jia & Zhe Zhang, 2014. "How Does the Stock Market Value Corporate Social Performance? When Behavioral Theories Interact with Stakeholder Theory," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 125(3), pages 433-465, December.
- Karen Moris, 2011. "La presse en tant que mécanisme de gouvernance disciplinaire," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 14(4), pages 21-66, December.
- Muravyev, Alexander & Berezinets, Irina & Ilina, Yulia, 2012.
"Корпоративные Конфликты И Политика Фирм В Области Занятости И Заработной Платы
[Corporate Governance Conflicts and Employment and Wage Policies of Companies]," MPRA Paper 40215, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Muravyev, Alexander, 2009. "Investor Protection and the Value of Shares: Evidence from Statutory Rules Governing Variations of Shareholders' Class Rights in Russia," IZA Discussion Papers 4669, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Houston, Joel F. & Lin, Chen & Ma, Yue, 2011. "Media ownership, concentration and corruption in bank lending," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 326-350, May.
- Kim, Y. Han (Andy), 2013. "Self attribution bias of the CEO: Evidence from CEO interviews on CNBC," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2472-2489.
- Prat, Andrea & Strömberg, David, 2011. "The Political Economy of Mass Media," CEPR Discussion Papers 8246, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nicky J. Ferguson & Jie Michael Guo & Nicky Herbert Y.T. Lam & Dennis Philip, 2011. "Media Sentiment and UK Stock Returns," Working Papers 2011_06, Durham University Business School.
- Koning, M. & Mertens, G.M.H. & Roosenboom, P.G.J., 2007. "The Impact of Media Attention on the Use of Alternative Earnings Measures," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2007-073-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Baolei Qi & Rong Yang & Gaoliang Tian, 2014. "Can media deter management from manipulating earnings? Evidence from China," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 571-597, April.
- Alexeev, Michael & Weber, Shlomo (ed.), 2013. "The Oxford Handbook of the Russian Economy," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199759927, March.
- Liu, Baixiao & McConnell, John J., 2013. "The role of the media in corporate governance: Do the media influence managers' capital allocation decisions?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 110(1), pages 1-17.
- Muravyev, Alexander & Berezinets, Irina & Ilina, Yulia, 2014. "The structure of corporate boards and private benefits of control: Evidence from the Russian stock exchange," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 247-261.
- Kim, Jeong-Bon & Zhang, Hao & Li, Liuchuang & Tian, Gaoliang, 2014. "Press freedom, externally-generated transparency, and stock price informativeness: International evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 299-310.
- Serena Marianna Drufuca, 2014. "Information, Media and Elections: Incentives for Media Capture," Working Papers (2013-) 1402, University of Bergamo, Department of Management, Economics and Quantitative Methods.
- Clifton, Judith & Díaz-Fuentes, Daniel, 2010. "Is the European Union ready for foreign direct investment from emerging markets?," MPRA Paper 33036, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chen, Chia-Wei & Yi, Bingsheng & Lin, J. Barry, 2013. "Media coverage, board structure and CEO compensation: Evidence from Taiwan," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 434-445.
- Cohen, Jeffrey & Ding, Yuan & Lesage, Cedric & Stolowy, Hervé, 2008. "The role of managers’ behavior in corporate fraud," Les Cahiers de Recherche 900, HEC Paris.
- Karen Moris, 2010. "La presse en tant que mécanisme de gouvernance disciplinaire - Press as a disciplinary governance mechanism," Working Papers CREGO 1101003, Université de Bourgogne - CREGO EA7317 Centre de recherches en gestion des organisations.