Is the European Union ready for foreign direct investment from emerging markets?
This chapter asks whether the European Union Member States are ready for inward Foreign Direct Investment from the Emerging Markets. It concludes that European Union Member States have relatively open Foreign Direct Investment regimes in the international context, and yet instances of protectionism have been apparent in the recent period. However, protectionism has occurred both vis-a-vis Foreign Direct Investment from the Global South as well as from within the European Union, particularly in the so-called 'strategic' industries.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alexander Dyck & Natalya Volchkova & Luigi Zingales, 2008.
"The Corporate Governance Role of the Media: Evidence from Russia,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 63(3), pages 1093-1135, 06.
- Alexander Dyck & Natalya Volchkova & Luigi Zingales, 2004. "The Corporate Governance Role of the Media: Evidence from Russia," Working Papers w0054, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR), revised Sep 2005.
- Dyck, Alexander & Volchkova, Natalya & Zingales, Luigi, 2007. "The Corporate Governance Role of the Media: Evidence from Russia," Working Papers 07-1, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Alexander Dyck & Natalya Volchkova & Luigi Zingales, 2006. "The Corporate Governance Role of the Media: Evidence from Russia," NBER Working Papers 12525, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Spanjer, Aldo, 2007. "Russian gas price reform and the EU-Russia gas relationship: Incentives, consequences and European security of supply," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 2889-2898, May.
- Sagen, Eirik Lund & Tsygankova, Marina, 2008. "Russian natural gas exports--Will Russian gas price reforms improve the European security of supply," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 867-880, February.
- Clifton, Judith & Díaz-Fuentes, Daniel, 2010. "The European Union, southern multinationals and the question of the 'strategic industries'," MPRA Paper 33040, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alberto Alesina & Francesco Giavazzi, 2010. "Europe and the Euro," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number ales08-1, April.
- Grigoryev, Yuli, 2007. "Today or not today: Deregulating the Russian gas sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 3036-3045, May.
- Thomas, Steve, 2003. "The Seven Brothers," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 393-403, April.
- Agata Antkiewicz & John Whalley, 2006. "Recent Chinese Buyout Activity and the Implications for Global Architecture," NBER Working Papers 12072, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dilek Aykut & Andrea Goldstein, 2006. "Developing Country Multinationals: South-South Investment Comes of Age," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 257, OECD Publishing.
- Takeshi Koyama & Stephen S. Golub, 2006. "OECD's FDI Regulatory Restrictiveness Index: Revision and Extension to more Economies," OECD Working Papers on International Investment 2006/4, OECD Publishing.
- Stephen S. Golub, 2003. "Measures Of Restrictions on Inward Foreign Direct Investment for OECD Countries," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 357, OECD Publishing.
- Lall, Sanjaya & Mohammad, Sharif, 1983. "Multinationals in Indian big business : Industrial characteristic of foreign investment in a heavily regulated economy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1-2), pages 143-157.
- Goldthau, Andreas, 2008. "Rhetoric versus reality: Russian threats to European energy supply," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 686-692, February.
- Fabienne Ilzkovitz & Adriaan Dierx & Nuno Sousa, 2008. "An analysis of the possible causes of product market malfunctioning in the EU: First results for manufacturing and service sectors," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 336, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:33036. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.