Serbian gas sector in the spotlight of oil and gas agreement with Russia
The Russian natural gas industry is the world's largest producer and transporter of natural gas. This paper identifies the benefits for Serbia as transient country to European Union for Russian natural gas through South Stream gas-line in the current political context of implementation of gas agreement. On the other hand, according to the Agreement on Stabilization and Integration to European Union, Serbia is obligatory to implement reforms in energy sector and its energy policy must be in accordance with the European Union policy. Republic of Serbia has produced and consumed natural gas domestically since 1952, but has always been net importer. Strategy of Energy Development in Serbia and especially, National Action Plan for the gasification on the territory of Republic of Serbia dedicated special attention to gas economy development in respect with expected contribution in efficient energy use and environmental policy protection in the country.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Egging, Ruud & Gabriel, Steven A. & Holz, Franziska & Zhuang, Jifang, 2008.
"A complementarity model for the European natural gas market,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 2385-2414, July.
- Ruud Egging & Steven A. Gabriel & Franziska Holz & Jifang Zhuang, 2007. "A Complementarity Model for the European Natural Gas Market," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 732, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Duic, Neven & Juretic, Franjo & Zeljko, Mladen & Bogdan, Zeljko, 2005. "Croatia energy planning and Kyoto Protocol," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1003-1010, May.
- Ahmed El Hachemi Mazighi, 2004. "Some risks related to the short-term trading of natural gas," OPEC Energy Review, Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, vol. 28(3), pages 227-239, 09.
- Stankeviciute, Loreta & Kitous, Alban & Criqui, Patrick, 2008. "The fundamentals of the future international emissions trading system," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 4272-4286, November.
- Potocnik, Primoz & Thaler, Marko & Govekar, Edvard & Grabec, Igor & Poredos, Alojz, 2007. "Forecasting risks of natural gas consumption in Slovenia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 4271-4282, August.
- Kjarstad, Jan & Johnsson, F., 2007. "Prospects of the European gas market," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 869-888, February.
- Sagen, Eirik Lund & Tsygankova, Marina, 2008. "Russian natural gas exports--Will Russian gas price reforms improve the European security of supply," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 867-880, February.
- Grigoryev, Yuli, 2007. "Today or not today: Deregulating the Russian gas sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 3036-3045, May.
- Esnault, Benoit, 2003. "The need for regulation of gas storage: the case of France," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 167-174, January.
- Dorian, James P., 2006. "Central Asia: A major emerging energy player in the 21st century," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 544-555, March.
- Hacisalihoglu, Bilge, 2008. "Turkey's natural gas policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1867-1872, June.
- Mavrakis, Dimitrios & Thomaidis, Fotios & Ntroukas, Ioannis, 2006. "An assessment of the natural gas supply potential of the south energy corridor from the Caspian Region to the EU," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(13), pages 1671-1680, September.
- Weisser, Hellmuth, 2007. "The security of gas supply--a critical issue for Europe?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 1-5, January.
- Afgan, Naim H. & Pilavachi, Petros A. & Carvalho, Maria G., 2007. "Multi-criteria evaluation of natural gas resources," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 704-713, January.
- Erbetta, Fabrizio & Rappuoli, Luca, 2008. "Optimal scale in the Italian gas distribution industry using data envelopment analysis," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 325-336, April.
- Ashina, Shuichi & Nakata, Toshihiko, 2008. "Energy-efficiency strategy for CO2 emissions in a residential sector in Japan," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 85(2-3), pages 101-114, February.
- Spanjer, Aldo, 2007. "Russian gas price reform and the EU-Russia gas relationship: Incentives, consequences and European security of supply," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 2889-2898, May.
- Peter R. Hartley & Kenneth B Medlock III & Jennifer E. Rosthal, 2008. "The Relationship of Natural Gas to Oil Prices," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 47-66.
- Remme, Uwe & Blesl, Markus & Fahl, Ulrich, 2008. "Future European gas supply in the resource triangle of the Former Soviet Union, the Middle East and Northern Africa," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 1622-1641, May.
- Mathias, Melissa Cristina & Szklo, Alexandre, 2007. "Lessons learned from Brazilian natural gas industry reform," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 6478-6490, December.
- Loreta Stankeviciute & Alban Kitous & Patrick Criqui, 2008. "The fundamentals of the future international emissions trading system," Post-Print halshs-00172290, HAL.
- Caloghirou, Y.D. & Mourelatos, A.G. & Roboli, A., 1996. "Macroeconomic impacts of natural gas introduction in Greece," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 21(10), pages 899-909.
- Ahmed Mazighi, 2003. "An Examination of the International Natural Gas Trade," OPEC Energy Review, Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, vol. 27(4), pages 313-329, December.
- Christopher R. Knittel, 2003. "Market Structure and the Pricing of Electricity and Natural Gas," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(2), pages 167-191, 06.
- Afgan, Naim H. & Gobaisi, Darwish Al & Carvalho, Maria G. & Cumo, Maurizio, 1998. "Sustainable energy development," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 235-286, September.
- Frank Asche & Odd Bjarte Nilsen & Ragnar Tveteras, 2008. "Natural Gas Demand in the European Household Sector," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 27-46.
- Stephen P. A. Brown & Mine K. Yucel, 2008.
"What Drives Natural Gas Prices?,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 45-60.
- Karasalihovic, Daria & Maurovic, Lidia & Sunjerga, Snjezana, 2003. "Natural gas in croatia's energy-future," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 75(1-2), pages 9-22, May.
- Paola Fabbri & Giovanni Fraquelli & Roberto Giandrone, 2000. "Costs, technology and ownership of gas distribution in Italy," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(2), pages 71-81.
- Goldthau, Andreas, 2008. "Rhetoric versus reality: Russian threats to European energy supply," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 686-692, February.
- Stern, Jonathan, 2005. "The Future of Russian Gas and Gazprom," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780197300312, March.
- Kabirian, Alireza & Hemmati, Mohammad Reza, 2007. "A strategic planning model for natural gas transmission networks," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 5656-5670, November.
- Jednak, Sandra & Kragulj, Dragana & Bulajic, Milica & Pittman, Russell, 2009. "Electricity reform in Serbia," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 125-133, March.
- Herbert, John H. & Berg, Jon, 1990. "Soviet natural gas exports and the European energy balance," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 15(10), pages 833-840.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:37:y:2009:i:5:p:1925-1938. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.