Systematic approach to natural gas usage for domestic heating in urban areas
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lund, Henrik & Hvelplund, Frede & Kass, Ilmars & Dukalskis, Edgars & Blumberga, Dagnija, 1999. "District heating and market economy in Latvia," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 24(7), pages 549-559.
- Karlsson, Asa & Gustavsson, Leif, 2003. "External costs and taxes in heat supply systems," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(14), pages 1541-1560, November.
- Holz, Franziska & von Hirschhausen, Christian & Kemfert, Claudia, 2008. "A strategic model of European gas supply (GASMOD)," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 766-788, May.
- Remme, Uwe & Blesl, Markus & Fahl, Ulrich, 2008. "Future European gas supply in the resource triangle of the Former Soviet Union, the Middle East and Northern Africa," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 1622-1641, May.
- Haberl, Helmut & Adensam, Heidi & Geissler, Susanne, 1998. "Optimal climate protection strategies for space heating The case of Austria," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(15), pages 1125-1135, December.
- Reidhav, Charlotte & Werner, Sven, 2008. "Profitability of sparse district heating," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 85(9), pages 867-877, September.
- Stanislaw, Joe, 1985. "The measurement of demand for natural gas," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 165-180.
- Agrell, Per J. & Bogetoft, Peter, 2005.
"Economic and environmental efficiency of district heating plants,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1351-1362, July.
- AGRELL, Per J. & BOGETOF, Peter, 2005. "Economic and environment efficiency of district heating plants," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1838, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Ossebaard, Marjan E. & Van Wijk, Ad J.M. & Van Wees, Mark T., 1997. "Heat supply in the netherlands: A systems analysis of costs, exergy efficiency, CO2 and NOx emissions," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 22(11), pages 1087-1098.
- Dzenajaviciene, E.F. & Kveselis, V. & McNaught, C. & Tamonis, M., 2007. "Economic analysis of the renovation of small-scale district heating systems--4 Lithuanian case studies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 2569-2578, April.
- Gustavsson, L & Karlsson, Å, 2003. "Heating detached houses in urban areas," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 851-875.
- Bodansky, David, 1984. "Electricity and natural gas use for residential space heating: U.S. experience, 1976–1980," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 303-313.
- Sundberg, G & Karlsson, B.G, 2000. "Interaction effects in optimising a municipal energy system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 25(9), pages 877-891.
- Holmgren, Kristina & Amiri, Shahnaz, 2007. "Internalising external costs of electricity and heat production in a municipal energy system," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 5242-5253, October.
- Riva, Angelo & D'Angelosante, Simona & Trebeschi, Carla, 2006. "Natural gas and the environmental results of life cycle assessment," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 138-148.
- Dinca, Cristian & Badea, Adrian & Rousseaux, Patrick & Apostol, Tiberiu, 2007. "A multi-criteria approach to evaluate the natural gas energy systems," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 5754-5765, November.
- Sørensen Torekov, Mikkel & Bahnsen, Niels & Qvale, Bjørn, 2007. "The relative competitive positions of the alternative means for domestic heating," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 627-633.
- Gustafsson, S.I. & Bojic, M., 1997. "Optimal heating-system retrofits in residential buildings," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 22(9), pages 867-874.
- Douthitt, Robin A., 1989. "An economic analysis of the demand for residential space heating fuel in Canada," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 187-197.
- de Almeida, Aníbal T. & Lopes, Ana Cristina & Carvalho, Anabela & Mariano, Jorge & Jahn, Andreas & Broege, Michael, 2004. "Examining the potential of natural gas demand-side measures to benefit customers, the distribution utility, and the environment: two case studies from Europe," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 29(7), pages 979-1000.
- Ford, Andrew, 2008. "Simulation scenarios for rapid reduction in carbon dioxide emissions in the western electricity system," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 443-455, January.
- Gustavsson, Leif, 1994. "District heating systems and energy conservation—Part II," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 93-102.
- Strachan, Neil & Farrell, Alexander, 2006. "Emissions from distributed vs. centralized generation: The importance of system performance," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 2677-2689, November.
- Vondrácek, Jirí & Pelikán, Emil & Konár, Ondrej & Cermáková, Jana & Eben, Krystof & Malý, Marek & Brabec, Marek, 2008. "A statistical model for the estimation of natural gas consumption," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 85(5), pages 362-370, May.
- Gustafsson, Stig-Inge & Karlsson, Björn G., 1990. "Natural gas in optimized bivalent heating systems," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 15(11), pages 993-999.
- Lise, Wietze & Hobbs, Benjamin F., 2008. "Future evolution of the liberalised European gas market: Simulation results with a dynamic model," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 989-1004.
- Kabirian, Alireza & Hemmati, Mohammad Reza, 2007. "A strategic planning model for natural gas transmission networks," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 5656-5670, November.
- Dotzauer, Erik, 2003. "Experiences in mid-term planning of district heating systems," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 28(15), pages 1545-1555.
- Nilsson, Stefan Forsaeus & Reidhav, Charlotte & Lygnerud, Kristina & Werner, Sven, 2008. "Sparse district-heating in Sweden," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 85(7), pages 555-564, July.
- Aydinalp-Koksal, Merih & Ugursal, V. Ismet, 2008. "Comparison of neural network, conditional demand analysis, and engineering approaches for modeling end-use energy consumption in the residential sector," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 85(4), pages 271-296, April.
- Herbert, John H. & Berg, Jon, 1990. "Soviet natural gas exports and the European energy balance," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 15(10), pages 833-840.
- Sagen, Eirik Lund & Tsygankova, Marina, 2008. "Russian natural gas exports--Will Russian gas price reforms improve the European security of supply," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 867-880, February.
- Gustavsson, Leif, 1994. "District heating systems and energy conservation—part I," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 81-91.
- Hartshorn, J.E., 1985. "Introduction: Natural gas development begins at home," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 111-118.
- Grohnheit, Poul Erik & Gram Mortensen, Bent Ole, 2003. "Competition in the market for space heating. District heating as the infrastructure for competition among fuels and technologies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(9), pages 817-826, July.
- Knutsson, David & Sahlin, Jenny & Werner, Sven & Ekvall, Tomas & Ahlgren, Erik O., 2006. "HEATSPOT—a simulation tool for national district heating analyses," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 278-293.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sayegh, M.A. & Danielewicz, J. & Nannou, T. & Miniewicz, M. & Jadwiszczak, P. & Piekarska, K. & Jouhara, H., 2017. "Trends of European research and development in district heating technologies," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 68(P2), pages 1183-1192.
- Mancarella, Pierluigi, 2014. "MES (multi-energy systems): An overview of concepts and evaluation models," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 1-17.
- Lund, H. & Möller, B. & Mathiesen, B.V. & Dyrelund, A., 2010. "The role of district heating in future renewable energy systems," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 1381-1390.
- Ahmed, Asim & Mancarella, Pierluigi, 2014. "Strategic techno-economic assessment of heat network options for distributed energy systems in the UK," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 182-193.
More about this item
KeywordsNatural gas; Settlement; Gas distribution; District heating; Urbanism;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:33:y:2008:i:12:p:1738-1753. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.