Emissions from distributed vs. centralized generation: The importance of system performance
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gustavsson, Leif & Karlsson, Asa, 2002. "A system perspective on the heating of detached houses," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 553-574, June.
- Greene, Nathanael & Hammerschlag, Roel, 2000. "Small and Clean Is Beautiful: Exploring the Emissions of Distributed Generation and Pollution Prevention Policies," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 50-60, June.
- Strachan, Neil & Dowlatabadi, Hadi, 2002. "Distributed generation and distribution utilities," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 649-661, June.
- Zerriffi, Hisham & Dowlatabadi, Hadi & Strachan, Neil, 2002. "Electricity and Conflict: Advantages of a Distributed System," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 55-65.
- Allison, Juliann Emmons & Lents, Jim, 2002. "Encouraging distributed generation of power that improves air quality: can we have our cake and eat it too?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 737-752, July.
- Meyers, Edward M. & Hu, Mannshya Grace, 2001. "Clean Distributed Generation: Policy Options to Promote Clean Air and Reliability," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 89-98.
- Dyner, Isaac & Larsen, Erik R., 2001. "From planning to strategy in the electricity industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(13), pages 1145-1154, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carley, Sanya, 2009. "Distributed generation: An empirical analysis of primary motivators," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1648-1659, May.
- Chicco, Gianfranco & Mancarella, Pierluigi, 2009. "Distributed multi-generation: A comprehensive view," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 535-551, April.
- Wee, Jung-Ho, 2011. "Molten carbonate fuel cell and gas turbine hybrid systems as distributed energy resources," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(12), pages 4252-4263.
- Basrawi, Firdaus & Yamada, Takanobu & Obara, Shin’ya, 2014. "Economic and environmental based operation strategies of a hybrid photovoltaic–microgas turbine trigeneration system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 174-183.
- Wang, Jiang-Jiang & Jing, You-Yin & Zhang, Chun-Fa & Shi, Guo-Hua & Zhang, Xu-Tao, 2008. "A fuzzy multi-criteria decision-making model for trigeneration system," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 3823-3832, October.
- Mancarella, Pierluigi & Chicco, Gianfranco, 2009. "Global and local emission impact assessment of distributed cogeneration systems with partial-load models," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(10), pages 2096-2106, October.
- Brkić, Dejan & Tanasković, Toma I., 2008. "Systematic approach to natural gas usage for domestic heating in urban areas," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(12), pages 1738-1753.
- Mallikarjun, Sreekanth & Lewis, Herbert F., 2014. "Energy technology allocation for distributed energy resources: A strategic technology-policy framework," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 783-799.
- Pearce, J.M., 2009. "Expanding photovoltaic penetration with residential distributed generation from hybrid solar photovoltaic and combined heat and power systems," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(11), pages 1947-1954.
- Siler-Evans, Kyle & Morgan, M. Granger & Azevedo, Inês Lima, 2012. "Distributed cogeneration for commercial buildings: Can we make the economics work?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 580-590.
- repec:gam:jeners:v:10:y:2017:i:10:p:1515-:d:113865 is not listed on IDEAS
- Athawale, Rasika & Felder, Frank A., 2014. "Incentives for Combined Heat and Power plants: How to increase societal benefits?," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 121-132.
- Karger, Cornelia R. & Hennings, Wilfried, 2009. "Sustainability evaluation of decentralized electricity generation," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 583-593, April.
- Miao Li & Hailin Mu & Huanan Li, 2013. "Analysis and Assessments of Combined Cooling, Heating and Power Systems in Various Operation Modes for a Building in China, Dalian," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(5), pages 1-22, May.
- Ruan, Yingjun & Liu, Qingrong & Zhou, Weiguo & Firestone, Ryan & Gao, Weijun & Watanabe, Toshiyuki, 2009. "Optimal option of distributed generation technologies for various commercial buildings," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(9), pages 1641-1653, September.
- Basrawi, Firdaus & Ibrahim, Thamir K. & Habib, Khairul & Yamada, Takanobu, 2016. "Effect of operation strategies on the economic and environmental performance of a micro gas turbine trigeneration system in a tropical region," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 262-272.
- Bayod-Rújula, Angel A., 2009. "Future development of the electricity systems with distributed generation," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 377-383.
- Pearce, Joshua M. & Harris, Paul J., 2007. "Reducing greenhouse gas emissions by inducing energy conservation and distributed generation from elimination of electric utility customer charges," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 6514-6525, December.
- Akorede, Mudathir Funsho & Hizam, Hashim & Pouresmaeil, Edris, 2010. "Distributed energy resources and benefits to the environment," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 724-734, February.
- Li, Mengyu & Zhang, Xiongwen & Li, Guojun & Jiang, Chaoyang, 2016. "A feasibility study of microgrids for reducing energy use and GHG emissions in an industrial application," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 176(C), pages 138-148.
- Chicco, Gianfranco & Mancarella, Pierluigi, 2007. "Trigeneration primary energy saving evaluation for energy planning and policy development," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 6132-6144, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:34:y:2006:i:17:p:2677-2689. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.