Modeling natural gas price volatility: The case of the UK gas market
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kjarstad, Jan & Johnsson, F., 2007. "Prospects of the European gas market," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 869-888, February.
- Krichene, Noureddine, 2002. "World crude oil and natural gas: a demand and supply model," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 557-576, November.
- Weisser, Hellmuth, 2007. "The security of gas supply--a critical issue for Europe?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 1-5, January.
- Geman, Hélyette & Ohana, Steve, 2009. "Forward curves, scarcity and price volatility in oil and natural gas markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 576-585, July.
- Cartea, Álvaro & Williams, Thomas, 2008.
"UK gas markets: The market price of risk and applications to multiple interruptible supply contracts,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 829-846, May.
- Alvaro Cartea & Thomas Williams, 2006. "UK Gas Markets: the Market Price of Risk and Applications to Multiple Interruptible Supply Contracts," Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance 0608, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- Artur Silva Lopes, 2006.
"Deterministic seasonality in Dickey–Fuller tests: should we care?,"
Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 165-182, March.
- Artur C. B. da Silva Lopes, 2004. "Deterministic Seasonality in Dickey-Fuller Tests: Should We Care?," Econometrics 0402007, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 18 Mar 2004.
- Artur Da Silva Lopes, 2004. "Deterministic Seasonality In Dickey-Fuller Tests: Should We Care?," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2004 75, Royal Economic Society.
- Dahl, Roy Endre & Ogland, Atle & Osmundsen, Petter & Sikveland, Marius, 2011. "Are oil and natural gas going separate ways in the UK? Cointegration tests with Structural shifts," UiS Working Papers in Economics and Finance 2011/5, University of Stavanger.
- Arvesen, Ø. & Medbø, V. & Fleten, S.-E. & Tomasgard, A. & Westgaard, S., 2013.
"Linepack storage valuation under price uncertainty,"
Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 155-164.
- Arvesen, Øystein & Medbø, Vegard & Fleten, Stein-Erik & Tomasgard, Asgeir & Westgaard, Sjur, 2012. "Linepack storage valuation under price uncertainty," MPRA Paper 43270, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andersen, Torben G. & Bollerslev, Tim & Diebold, Francis X. & Ebens, Heiko, 2001. "The distribution of realized stock return volatility," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 43-76, July.
- Kanamura, Takashi & Ohashi, Kazuhiko, 2007. "A structural model for electricity prices with spikes: Measurement of spike risk and optimal policies for hydropower plant operation," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 1010-1032, September.
- Pirrong, Craig & Jermakyan, Martin, 2008. "The price of power: The valuation of power and weather derivatives," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 2520-2529, December.
- Anne Neumann & Boriss Siliverstovs & Christian von Hirschhausen, 2006.
"Convergence of European spot market prices for natural gas? A real-time analysis of market integration using the Kalman Filter,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(11), pages 727-732.
- Neumann, Anne & Siliverstovs, Boriss, 2005. "Convergence of European Spot Market Prices for Natural Gas? A Real-Time Analysis of Market Integration using the Kalman Filter," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 05/05, Technische Universität Dresden, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- Hans Föllmer & Martin Schweizer, 1993. "A Microeconomic Approach to Diffusion Models For Stock Prices," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(1), pages 1-23.
- Li, Lanlan & Gong, Chengzhu & Wang, Deyun & Zhu, Kejun, 2013. "Multi-agent simulation of the time-of-use pricing policy in an urban natural gas pipeline network: A case study of Zhengzhou," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 37-43.
- Baker, Paul & Blundell, Richard, 1991. "The Microeconometric Approach to Modelling Energy Demand: Some Results for UK Households," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(2), pages 54-76, Summer.
- Wang, Yudong & Wu, Chongfeng & Wei, Yu, 2011. "Can GARCH-class models capture long memory in WTI crude oil markets?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 921-927, May.
- Yang, C. W. & Hwang, M. J. & Huang, B. N., 2002. "An analysis of factors affecting price volatility of the US oil market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 107-119, March.
- Siliverstovs, Boriss & L'Hegaret, Guillaume & Neumann, Anne & von Hirschhausen, Christian, 2005.
"International market integration for natural gas? A cointegration analysis of prices in Europe, North America and Japan,"
Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 603-615, July.
- Guillaume L¿Hégaret & Boriss Siliverstovs & Anne Neumann & Christian von Hirschhausen, 2003. "International Market Integration for Natural Gas?: A Cointegration Analysis of Prices in Europe, North America and Japan," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 393, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Guillaume L'Hegaret & Boriss Siliverstovs & Christian von Hirschhausen, 2004. "International Market Integration for Natural Gas? A Cointegration Analysis of Prices in Europe, North America and Japan," Working Papers 0402, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Lochner, Stefan & Bothe, David, 2009. "The development of natural gas supply costs to Europe, the United States and Japan in a globalizing gas market--Model-based analysis until 2030," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 1518-1528, April.
- Apostolos Serletis & Asghar Shahmoradi, 2007.
"Returns and Volatility in the NYMEX Henry Hub Natural Gas Futures Market,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Quantitative And Empirical Analysis Of Energy Markets, chapter 15, pages 193-204
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Apostolos Serletis & Asghar Shahmoradi, 2006. "Returns and volatility in the NYMEX Henry Hub natural gas futures market," OPEC Energy Review, Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, vol. 30(3), pages 171-186, September.
- Kao, Chung-Wei & Wan, Jer-Yuh, 2009. "Information transmission and market interactions across the Atlantic -- an empirical study on the natural gas market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 152-161, January.
- Mu, Xiaoyi, 2007. "Weather, storage, and natural gas price dynamics: Fundamentals and volatility," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 46-63, January.
- Panagiotidis, Theodore & Rutledge, Emilie, 2007. "Oil and gas markets in the UK: Evidence from a cointegrating approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 329-347, March.
- Gijsbert T.J. Zwart, 2009.
"European Natural Gas Markets: Resource Constraints and Market Power,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Special I), pages 151-166.
- Gijsbert Zwart, 2008. "European natural gas markets: resource constraints and market power," CPB Discussion Paper 116, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Reymond, Mathias, 2007. "European key issues concerning natural gas: Dependence and vulnerability," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 4169-4176, August.
- Micola, Augusto Ruperez & Bunn, Derek W., 2007. "Two markets and a weak link," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 79-93, January.
- Frank Asche & Odd Bjarte Nilsen & Ragnar Tveteras, 2008. "Natural Gas Demand in the European Household Sector," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 27-46.
- Lochner, Stefan, 2011. "Identification of congestion and valuation of transport infrastructures in the European natural gas market," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 2483-2492.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Díaz, Guzmán & Planas, Estefanía & Andreu, Jon & Kortabarria, Iñigo, 2015. "Joint cost of energy under an optimal economic policy of hybrid power systems subject to uncertainty," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 837-848.
- Geng, Jiang-Bo & Ji, Qiang & Fan, Ying, 2016. "The behaviour mechanism analysis of regional natural gas prices: A multi-scale perspective," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 266-277.
- Misund, Bård & Oglend, Atle, 2016.
"Supply and demand determinants of natural gas price volatility in the U.K.: A vector autoregression approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 178-189.
- Misund, Bård & Oglend, Atle, 2015. "Supply and Demand Determinants of Natural Gas Price Volatility in the U.K.: A Vector Autoregression Approach," UiS Working Papers in Economics and Finance 2015/10, University of Stavanger.
- repec:eee:energy:v:155:y:2018:i:c:p:462-473 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sun, Mei & Wang, Yaqi & Gao, Cuixia, 2016. "Visibility graph network analysis of natural gas price: The case of North American market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 462(C), pages 1-11.
- Sheikhi, Aras & Bahrami, Shahab & Ranjbar, Ali Mohammad, 2015. "An autonomous demand response program for electricity and natural gas networks in smart energy hubs," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 490-499.
- Xiaopeng Guo & Yanan Wei & Jiahai Yuan, 2016. "Will the Steam Coal Price Rebound under the New Economy Normalcy in China?," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(9), pages 1-13, September.
- Díaz, Guzmán & Moreno, Blanca, 2016. "Valuation under uncertain energy prices and load demands of micro-CHP plants supplemented by optimally switched thermal energy storage," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 177(C), pages 553-569.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy finance; Volatility; Natural gas markets; Supply and demand; GARCH; UK;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:72:y:2014:i:c:p:126-134. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.