A structural model for electricity prices with spikes: Measurement of spike risk and optimal policies for hydropower plant operation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Das, Sanjiv R., 2002. "The surprise element: jumps in interest rates," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 27-65, January.
- M. T. Barlow, 2002. "A Diffusion Model For Electricity Prices," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(4), pages 287-298.
- Schweizer, Martin, 1991. "Option hedging for semimartingales," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 339-363, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Huisman, Ronald & Mahieu, Ronald & Schlichter, Felix, 2009.
"Electricity portfolio management: Optimal peak/off-peak allocations,"
Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 169-174, January.
- Huisman, R. & Mahieu, R.J. & Schlichter, F., 2007. "Electricity Portfolio Management: Optimal Peak / Off-Peak Allocations," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2007-089-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Huisman, R. & Mahieu, R.J. & Schlichter, F., 2009. "Electricity portfolio management : Optimal peak/off-peak allocations," Other publications TiSEM f880b2e6-c56c-483c-9334-9, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Weron, Rafał, 2014.
"Electricity price forecasting: A review of the state-of-the-art with a look into the future,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 1030-1081.
- Rafal Weron, 2014. "Electricity price forecasting: A review of the state-of-the-art with a look into the future," HSC Research Reports HSC/14/07, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology.
- Füss, Roland & Mahringer, Steffen & Prokopczuk, Marcel, 2015.
"Electricity derivatives pricing with forward-looking information,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 34-57.
- Füss, Roland & Mahringer, Steffen & Prokopczuk, Marcel, 2013. "Electricity Derivatives Pricing with Forward-Looking Information," Working Papers on Finance 1317, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- Shin S. Ikeda, 2015. "Illiquidity in the Japanese Day-Ahead Electricity Market," GRIPS Discussion Papers 15-04, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Alexander Boogert & Dominique Dupont, 2007. "When Supply Meets Demand: The Case of Hourly Spot Electricity Prices," Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance 0707, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- Noufel Frikha & Vincent Lemaire, 2012. "Joint Modelling of Gas and Electricity spot prices," Post-Print hal-00421289, HAL.
- James W. Taylor & Keming Yu, 2016. "Using auto-regressive logit models to forecast the exceedance probability for financial risk management," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 179(4), pages 1069-1092, October.
- van Goor, Harm & Scholtens, Bert, 2014. "Modeling natural gas price volatility: The case of the UK gas market," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 126-134.
- Gil, Hugo A. & Gomez-Quiles, Catalina & Riquelme, Jesus, 2012. "Large-scale wind power integration and wholesale electricity trading benefits: Estimation via an ex post approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 849-859.
- René Aid & Luciano Campi & Nicolas Langrené, 2010. "A structural risk-neutral model for pricing and hedging power derivatives," Working Papers hal-00525800, HAL.
- Kanamura, Takashi, 2009. "A supply and demand based volatility model for energy prices," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 736-747, September.
- Rangga Handika & Chi Truong & Stefan Trueck & Rafal Weron, 2014. "Modelling price spikes in electricity markets - the impact of load, weather and capacity," HSC Research Reports HSC/14/08, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology.
- Kanamura, Takashi & O[combining macron]hashi, Kazuhiko, 2008. "On transition probabilities of regime switching in electricity prices," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 1158-1172, May.
- Damir Filipovic & Martin Larsson & Tony Ware, 2017. "Polynomial processes for power prices," Papers 1710.10293, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2018.
- Stefan Thoenes, 2014. "Understanding the Determinants of Electricity Prices and the Impact of the German Nuclear Moratorium in 2011," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4).
- Muche, Thomas, 2009. "A real option-based simulation model to evaluate investments in pump storage plants," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4851-4862, November.
- Shin S. Ikeda, 2013. "An Empirical Market Microstructure Analysis of the Implied Spread Cost in the Japanese Day-Ahead Electricity Market," GRIPS Discussion Papers 12-22, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Thoenes, Stefan, 2011. "Understanding the Determinants of Electricity Prices and the Impact of the German Nuclear Moratorium in 2011," EWI Working Papers 2011-6, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln (EWI).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:29:y:2007:i:5:p:1010-1032. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco .