Corporate Fraud and Managers’ Behavior: Evidence from the Press
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Yuan Ding & Cédric Lesage & Hervé Stolowy & Jeffrey Cohen, 2010. "Corporate Fraud and Managers' Behavior: Evidence from the Press," Post-Print hal-00635645, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bergstresser, Daniel & Philippon, Thomas, 2006. "CEO incentives and earnings management," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 511-529, June.
- Denis, David J. & Hanouna, Paul & Sarin, Atulya, 2006. "Is there a dark side to incentive compensation?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 467-488, June.
- NIAMH M. BRENNAN & MARY McGRATH, 2007.
"Financial Statement Fraud: Some Lessons from US and European Case Studies,"
Australian Accounting Review,
CPA Australia, vol. 17(42), pages 49-61, July.
- Niamh Brennan & Mary McGrath, 2007. "Financial statement fraud : some lessons from US and European case studies," Open Access publications 10197/2903, Research Repository, University College Dublin.
- Suraj Srinivasan, 2005. "Consequences of Financial Reporting Failure for Outside Directors: Evidence from Accounting Restatements and Audit Committee Members," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(2), pages 291-334, May.
- Michael Weisbach, 2010. "Corporate Governance," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number weis10-1, January.
- Efendi, Jap & Srivastava, Anup & Swanson, Edward P., 2007. "Why do corporate managers misstate financial statements? The role of option compensation and other factors," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(3), pages 667-708, September.
- Roger Martin, 2007. "Through the Ethics Looking Glass: Another View of the World of Auditors and Ethics," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 70(1), pages 5-14, January.
- Agrawal, Anup & Chadha, Sahiba, 2005. "Corporate Governance and Accounting Scandals," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 48(2), pages 371-406, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Frédéric Demerens & Dorra Najar & Jean-Louis Paré & Jean Redis, 2013. "Typology of stock market offenses in France: An analysis of sanctions by the AMF since 2006," Post-Print hal-00992928, HAL.
- Florian Hoos & Grégoire Bollmann, 2012. "Is accountability a double-edged sword? Experimental evidence on the effectiveness of internal controls to prevent fraud," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 23(2), pages 115-132, November.
- Xiaotao Liu & Arnold Wright & Yi-Jing Wu, 2015. "Managers’ Unethical Fraudulent Financial Reporting: The Effect of Control Strength and Control Framing," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 129(2), pages 295-310, June.
- Jeffrey Cohen & Yuan Ding & Cédric Lesage & Hervé Stolowy, 2017.
"Media Bias and the Persistence of the Expectation Gap: An Analysis of Press Articles on Corporate Fraud,"
Journal of Business Ethics,
Springer, vol. 144(3), pages 637-659, September.
- Lesage , Cédric & Stolowy , Hervé & Cohen , Jeffrey & Ding , Yuan, 2015. "Media Bias and the Persistence of the Expectation Gap: An Analysis of Press Articles on Corporate Fraud," Les Cahiers de Recherche 1105, HEC Paris.
- James S. Ang & Zhiqian Jiang & Chaopeng Wu, 2016. "Good Apples, Bad Apples: Sorting Among Chinese Companies Traded in the U.S," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 134(4), pages 611-629, April.
- Shelagh Campbell & Yingqi Li & Junli Yu & Zhou Zhang, 2016. "The Impact of Occupational Community on the Quality of Internal Control," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 139(2), pages 271-285, December.
- Jiandong Chen & Douglas Cumming & Wenxuan Hou & Edward Lee, 2016. "Does the External Monitoring Effect of Financial Analysts Deter Corporate Fraud in China?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 134(4), pages 727-742, April.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-072 is not listed on IDEAS
- Antoinette Rijsenbilt & Harry Commandeur, 2013. "Narcissus Enters the Courtroom: CEO Narcissism and Fraud," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 117(2), pages 413-429, October.
- repec:eee:crpeac:v:28:y:2015:i:c:p:49-61 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:147:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2956-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Bahram Soltani, 2014. "The Anatomy of Corporate Fraud: A Comparative Analysis of High Profile American and European Corporate Scandals," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 120(2), pages 251-274, March.
- Sylvain Durocher & Anne Fortin, 2014. "New Canadian Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises and the Adoption Timing Decision," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 24(3), pages 218-236, September.
- Maria Steinmeier, 2016. "Fraud in Sustainability Departments? An Exploratory Study," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 138(3), pages 477-492, October.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:146:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2881-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Frédéric Demerens & Dorra Najar & Jean Louis Paré & Jean Redis, 2014. "Typology of stock market offenses in France: An analysis of sanctions by the AMF since 2006," Working Papers 2014-72, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Chen, Jiandong & Cumming, Douglas & Hou, Wenxuan & Lee, Edward, 2013. "Executive integrity, audit opinion, and fraud in Chinese listed firms," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(C), pages 72-91.
More about this item
Keywordscorporate fraud; fraud triangle; theory of planned behavior; managerial ethics; personality traits; fraud-related professional standards;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:95:y:2010:i:2:p:271-315. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.