Citations for "Health and Schooling Investments in Africa"
by T. Paul Schultz
- Fleur Wouterse, 2016. "Can human capital variables be technology changing? An empirical test for rural households in Burkina Faso," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 157-172, April.
- Grimm, Michael, 2004.
"The Medium- and Long-term Effects of an Expansion of Education on Poverty in C.te d'Ivoire: A Dynamic Microsimulation Study,"
Working Paper Series
UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Michael Grimm, 2002. "The medium and long term effects of an expansion of education on poverty in Côte d'Ivoire. A dynamic microsimulation study," Working Papers DT/2002/12, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Michael Grimm, 2004. "The medium and long term effects of an expansion of education on poverty in Côte d Ivoire A dynamic microsimulation study," HEW 0405002, EconWPA.
- Mwangi S. Kimenyi & Germano Mwabu & Damiano Kulundu Manda, 2006.
"Human Capital Externalities and Private Returns to Education in Kenya,"
Eastern Economic Journal,
Eastern Economic Association, vol. 32(3), pages 493-513, Summer.
- Damiano Kulundu Manda & Germano Mwabu & Mwangi S. Kimenyi, 2004. "Human Capital Externalities and Private Returns to Education in Kenya," Working papers 2004-08, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Marito Garcia & Jean Fares, 2008. "Youth in Africa's Labor Market," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6578.
- William A. Brock & Steven N.Durlauf, 2000.
"Growth Economics and Reality,"
NBER Working Papers
8041, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Areendam Chanda & Carl-Johan Dalgaard, 2003.
"Dual Economies and International Total Factor Productivity Differences,"
EPRU Working Paper Series
03-09, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Areendam Chanda & Carl-Johan Dalgaard, . "Dual Economies and International Total Factor Productivity Differences," Departmental Working Papers 2005-11, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Areendam Chanda & Carl-Johan Dalgaard, 2005. "Dual Economies and International Total Factory Productivity Differences," Macroeconomics 0507003, EconWPA.
- Areendam Chanda & Carl-Johan Dalgaard, 2003. "Dual Economies and International Total Factor Productivity Differences," Macroeconomics 0305002, EconWPA.
- Hannah Schuerenberg-Frosch, 2012.
"How to model a child in school? A dynamic macro-simulation study for Tanzania,"
- Hannah Schuerenberg-Frosch, 2015. "How to Model a Child in School? A Dynamic Macrosimulation Study for Tanzania," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 83(1), pages 117-139, 03.
- Nicholas Apergis, 2013. "Health Expenses: Evidence from the Club Clustering Approach," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 19(4), pages 399-407, November.
- Liu, Gordon G. & Dow, William H. & Fu, Alex Z. & Akin, John & Lance, Peter, 2008. "Income productivity in China: On the role of health," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 27-44, January.
- Wouterse, Fleur, 2011. "Social services, human capital, and technical efficiency of smallholders in Burkina Faso:," IFPRI discussion papers 1068, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- David E. Bloom & David Canning & Michael Moore, 2007. "A Theory of Retirement," NBER Working Papers 13630, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ghosh, Arabinda, 2011. "Maternal health care in Indian districts," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 103(2), pages 290-296.
- Jean-Francois Maystadt & Gilles Duranton, 2014. "The development push of refugees," Working Papers 66910685, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Yusuke Kamiya, 2010. "Determinants of Health in Developing Countries:Cross-Country Evidence," OSIPP Discussion Paper 10E009, Osaka School of International Public Policy, Osaka University.
- Giovanni Prarolo & Francesco Lancia, 2007.
"A Politico-Economic Model of Aging, Technology Adoption and Growth,"
2007.48, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Francesco Lancia & Giovanni Prarolo, 2012. "A politico-economic model of aging, technology adoption and growth," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 25(3), pages 989-1018, July.
- F. Lancia & G. Prarolo, 2007. "A Politico-Economic Model of Aging, Technology Adoption and Growth," Working Papers 590, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Sofiane Ghali & Pierre Mohnen, 2002.
"Restructuring And Economic Performance: The Experience Of The Tunisian Economy,"
CIRANO Working Papers
- Ghali Sofiane & Mohnen Pierre, 2002. "Restructuring and economic performance: the experience of the Tunisian economy," Research Memorandum 011, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Gebregziabher, Fiseha & Nino-Zarazua, Miguel, 2014. "Social spending and aggregate welfare in developing and transition economies," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00348829 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mayer-Foulkes, David, 2001. "Convergence Clubs in Cross-Country Life Expectancy Dynamics," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Dutta, Mousumi & Husain, Zakir & Chowdhary, Nidhi, 2012.
"Is health wealth? Results of a panel data analysis,"
39953, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zakir Husain & Mousumi Dutta & Nidhi Chowdhary, 2014. "Is Health Wealth? Results of a Panel Data Analysis," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 117(1), pages 121-143, May.
- Montfort Mlachila & Rene Tapsoba & Sampawende J Tapsoba, 2014. "A Quality of Growth Index for Developing Countries; A Proposal," IMF Working Papers 14/172, International Monetary Fund.
- Johannes Van Biesebroeck, 2007.
"Wages Equal Productivity. Fact or Fiction?,"
tecipa-294, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Van Biesebroeck, Johannes, 2011. "Wages Equal Productivity. Fact or Fiction? Evidence from Sub Saharan Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(8), pages 1333-1346, August.
- Gyimah-Brempong, Kwabena & Wilson, Mark, 2004. "Health human capital and economic growth in Sub-Saharan African and OECD countries," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 296-320, May.
- Baldacci, Emanuele & Clements, Benedict & Gupta, Sanjeev & Cui, Qiang, 2008. "Social Spending, Human Capital, and Growth in Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 1317-1341, August.
- Wolff, François-Charles & Maliki, 2008. "Evidence on the impact of child labor on child health in Indonesia, 1993-2000," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 143-169, March.
- Jyoti Prasad Mukhopadhyay & Nilanjan Banik, 2013. "The interplay between growth and development: evidence from Indian districts," Asia-Pacific Development Journal, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), vol. 20(2), pages 109-127, December.
- Thomas Baudin, 2008.
"Religion and Fertility : The French Connection,"
Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Thomas Baudin, 2008. "Religion and fertility : the French connection," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne v08089, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Deller, Steven C., 2010. "Spatial Variations in the Role of Microenterprises in Economic Growth," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 40(1), pages 71-97.
- Dessus, Sebastien, 2001. "Human capital and growth : the recovered role of education systems," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2632, The World Bank.
- Gibson, John & Fatai, Osaiasi Koliniusi, 2006. "Subsidies, selectivity and the returns to education in urban Papua New Guinea," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 133-146, April.
- Orazem, Peter & Glewwe, Paul & Patrinos, Harry, 2007. "The Benefits and Costs of Alternative Strategies to Improve Educational Outcomes," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12853, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Doppelhofer, G. & Weeks, M., 2011.
"Robust Growth Determinants,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
1117, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Holger Strulik, 2005. "Geography, Health, and Demo-Economic Development," Discussion Papers 05-15, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:19:y:2013:i:4:p:399-407 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nicholas Apergis & Puja Padhi, 2013. "Health expenses and economic growth: convergence dynamics across the Indian States," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 261-277, December.
- Boachie, Micheal Kofi, 2015. "Effect of health on economic growth in Ghana:An application of ARDL bounds test to cointegration," MPRA Paper 67201, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- AfDB AfDB, 2007. "Working Paper 91 - Health Expenditures and Health Outcomes in Africa," Working Paper Series 2224, African Development Bank.
- Stefan Kienberger, 2012. "Spatial modelling of social and economic vulnerability to floods at the district level in Búzi, Mozambique," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 64(3), pages 2001-2019, December.
- Berta Rivera & Luis Currais & Paolo Rungo, . "Child Nutrition And Multiple Equilibria In The Human Capital Transition Function," Working Papers 21-06 Classification-JEL , Instituto de Estudios Fiscales.
- Deller, Steven C. & Lledo, Victor, 2007. "Amenities and Rural Appalachia Economic Growth," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 36(1), April.
- Seth R. Gitter & Robert J. Gitter, 2014. "Does educational attainment reduce agricultural day laborer injuries in Mexico?," Ensayos Revista de Economia, Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, Facultad de Economia, vol. 0(2), pages 59-76, November.
- Fenske, James, 2012.
"African polygamy: Past and present,"
41618, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- James Fenske, 2012. "African polygamy: Past and present," CSAE Working Paper Series 2012-20, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- James Fenske, 2012. "African Polygamy: Past and Present," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/2012-20, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Harsha Thirumurthy & Joshua Graff Zivin & Markus Goldstein, 2007.
"AIDS Treatment and Intrahousehold Resource Allocations: Children's Nutrition and Schooling in Kenya,"
105, Center for Global Development.
- Zivin, Joshua Graff & Thirumurthy, Harsha & Goldstein, Markus, 2009. "AIDS treatment and intrahousehold resource allocation: Children's nutrition and schooling in Kenya," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(7-8), pages 1008-1015, August.
- Joshua S. Graff Zivin & Harsha Thirumurthy & Markus Goldstein, 2006. "AIDS Treatment and Intrahousehold Resource Allocations: Children's Nutrition and Schooling in Kenya," NBER Working Papers 12689, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Declan French, 2012. "Causation between health and income: a need to panic," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 583-601, April.
- Lindelow, Magnus, 2004. "Health care decisions as a family matter - intra-household education externalities and the utilization of health services," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3324, The World Bank.
- Christensen, Zachary & Homer, Dustin & Nielson, Daniel L., 2011. "Dodging Adverse Selection: How Donor Type and Governance Condition Aid’s Effects on School Enrollment," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(11), pages 2044-2053.
- Desmond McCarthy & Holger Wolf & Yi Wu, 2000. "The Growth Costs of Malaria," NBER Working Papers 7541, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Deininger, Klaus, 2003. "Does cost of schooling affect enrollment by the poor? Universal primary education in Uganda," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 291-305, June.
- David Mayer-Foulkes & Grodecz Alfredo Ramírez Fuentes, 2011. "Ciclo de vida humano y ciclo de vida urbano: Urbanización y desarrollo económico," Working papers DTE 503, CIDE, División de Economía.
- AfDB AfDB, 2007. "Working Paper 91 - Health Expenditures and Health Outcomes in Africa," Working Paper Series 2304, African Development Bank.
- Ali, Mubarik & Farooq, Umar, 2004. "Dietary Diversity And Rural Labor Productivity: Evidence From Pakistan," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20310, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Strulik, Holger, 2008.
"Geography, health, and the pace of demo-economic development,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 61-75, April.
- Strulik, Holger, 2007. "Geography, Health, and the Pace of Demo-Economic Development," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-361, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- David Mayer Foulkes., 2007. "Subdesarrollo y globalización," Ensayos Revista de Economia, Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, Facultad de Economia, vol. 0(1), pages 155-192, May.
- V. Heinrich Amavilah, 2003. "Meditating on "Slow Growth in Africa" - New Evidence or Just Ol' Stuff?," Development and Comp Systems 0307003, EconWPA.
- Pitelis, Christos & Vasilaros, Vassilis, 2009. "The Determinants of Value Creation at the Firm, Industry and National Levels: A Framework and Evidence," Papers DYNREG37, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).