The Growth Costs of Malaria
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John Strauss & Duncan Thomas, 1998. "Health, Nutrition, and Economic Development," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(2), pages 766-817, June.
- Jan Willem Gunning & Paul Collier, 1999. "Explaining African Economic Performance," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(1), pages 64-111, March.
- Deininger, Klaus & Squire, Lyn, 1996.
"A New Data Set Measuring Income Inequality,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 10(3), pages 565-591, September.
- Klaus Deininger & Lyn Squire, 1996. "A New Data Set Measuring Income Inequality," CEMA Working Papers 512, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Hongyi Li & Lyn Squire & Tao Zhang & Heng-fu Zou, 1999. "A Data Set on Income Distribution," CEMA Working Papers 575, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Singhanetra-Renard, Anchalee, 1993. "Malaria and mobility in Thailand," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 1147-1154, November.
- David E. Bloom & Jeffrey D. Sachs, 1998. "Geography, Demography, and Economic Growth in Africa," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 29(2), pages 207-296.
- T. Paul Schultz, 1999. "Health and Schooling Investments in Africa," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(3), pages 67-88, Summer.
- Gomes, Melba, 1993. "Economic and demographic research on malaria: A review of the evidence," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 1093-1108, November.
- John Luke Gallup & Jeffrey D. Sachs & Andrew D. Mellinger, 1998. "Geography and Economic Development," NBER Working Papers 6849, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hammer, Jeffrey S, 1993. "The Economics of Malaria Control," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 8(1), pages 1-22, January.
- John Luke Gallup & Jeffrey D. Sachs & Andrew D. Mellinger, 1998. "Geography and Economic Development," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1856, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Irwin, Douglas A. & Tervio, Marko, 2002.
"Does trade raise income?: Evidence from the twentieth century,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 1-18, October.
- Douglas A. Irwin & Marko Tervio, 2000. "Does Trade Raise Income? Evidence from the Twentieth Century," NBER Working Papers 7745, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gerardo Esquivel, 2000. "Geografía y desarrollo económico en México," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 2049, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Asenso-Okyere, Kwadwo & Asante, Felix A. & Tarekegn, Jifar & Andam, Kwaw S., 2009. "The linkages between agriculture and malaria: Issues for policy, research, and capacity strengthening," IFPRI discussion papers 861, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- John Ssozi & Simplice A. Asongu, 2016.
"The Comparative Economics of Catch-up in Output per Worker, Total Factor Productivity and Technological Gain in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
African Development Review,
African Development Bank, vol. 28(2), pages 215-228, June.
- Ssozi, John & Asongu, Simplice A, 2015. "The Comparative Economics of Catch-Up in Output per worker, total factor productivity and technological gain in Sub-Saharan Africa," MPRA Paper 69444, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John Ssozi & Simplice Asongu, 2015. "The Comparative Economics of Catch-Up in Output per worker, total factor productivity and technological gain in Sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers 15/038, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Clemens, Michael A. & Kenny, Charles J. & Moss, Todd J., 2007.
"The Trouble with the MDGs: Confronting Expectations of Aid and Development Success,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 735-751, May.
- Michael A. Clemens & Charles J. Kenny & Todd J. Moss, 2004. "The Trouble with the MDGs: Confronting Expectations of Aid and Development Success," Working Papers 40, Center for Global Development.
- Michael Clemens & Charles Kenny & Todd Moss, 2004. "The Trouble with the MDGs: Confronting Expectations of Aid and Development Success," Development and Comp Systems 0405011, EconWPA.
- Matthew Cole & Eric Neumayer, 2006.
"The impact of poor health on total factor productivity,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(6), pages 918-938.
- Eric Neumayer & Matthew A. Cole, 2003. "The Impact of Poor Health on Total Factor Productivity," HEW 0312001, EconWPA, revised 23 Mar 2005.
- Gerardo Esquivel, 2000. "Geography and Economic Development in Mexico," Research Department Publications 3089, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Strulik, Holger, 2008. "Degrees of Development - How Geographic Latitude Sets the Pace of Industrialization and Demographic Change," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-384, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Huang, Rui & Fulginiti, Lilyan E. & Peterson, E. Wesley F., 2003.
"Investing in Hope: AIDS, Life Expectancy, and Human Capital Accumulation,"
2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa
25808, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Rui Huang & Lilyan E. Fulginiti & E. Wesley Peterson, 2005. "Investing in Hope: AIDS, Life Expectancy, and Human Capital Accumulation," Development and Comp Systems 0502023, EconWPA.
- Marcello Basili & Filippo Belloc, 2015. "How To Measure The Economic Impact Of Vector-Borne Diseases At Country Level," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(5), pages 896-916, December.
- Larochelle, Catherine & Dalton, Timothy J., 2006. "Transient Health Shocks and Agricultural Labor Demand in Rice-producing Households in Mali," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25314, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Rui Huang & Lilyan E. Fulginiti & E. Wesley F. Peterson, 2010.
"Health and growth: causality through education,"
China Agricultural Economic Review,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 2(3), pages 321-344, September.
- Huang, Rui & Fulginiti, Lilyan E. & Peterson, E. Wesley F., 2009. "Health and Growth: Causality through Education," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51735, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Mosunmola Grace Moses Udoudo & Gabriel Sunday Umoh & Aniekan Jim Akpaeti, 2016. "Malaria and Agricultural Production in Nigeria," Asian Development Policy Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 4(4), pages 91-99, December.
- José García-Montalvo & Marta Reynal-Querol, 2002. "Fighting Against Malaria: Prevent Wars While Waiting For The "Miraculous" Vaccine," Working Papers. Serie EC 2002-31, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Ochi, John & Madaki, Musa & Murtala, Nasiru, 2015. "Economic and Social Linkages Between Malaria Illness and Crop Production in Yobe State, Nigeria," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212587, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Chris Papageorgiou & Shankha Chakraborty, 2005. "Diseases and Development," Departmental Working Papers 2005-12, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Wako, Hassen, 2011. "Effectiveness of foreign aid in sub-Saharan Africa: Does disaggregating aid into bilateral and multilateral components make a difference?," MPRA Paper 72617, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marcello Basili & Filippo Belloc, 2012. "How to Measure the Economic Impact of Vector-Borne Diseases at a Country Level: An Assessment," Department of Economics University of Siena 648, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
More about this item
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:7541. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .