Effectiveness of foreign aid in sub-Saharan Africa: Does disaggregating aid into bilateral and multilateral components make a difference?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Fielding, David, 2007. "Aid and Dutch Disease in the South Pacific," WIDER Working Paper Series 050, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Alesina, Alberto & Dollar, David, 2000.
"Who Gives Foreign Aid to Whom and Why?,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 33-63, March.
- Alberto Alesina & David Dollar, 1998. "Who Gives Foreign Aid to Whom and Why?," NBER Working Papers 6612, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dollar, David & Alesina, Alberto, 2000. "Who Gives Foreign Aid to Whom and Why?," Scholarly Articles 4553020, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Kaufmann, Daniel & Kraay, Aart & Mastruzzi, Massimo, 2007.
"Governance Matters VI: Aggregate and Individual Governance Indicators, 1996-2006,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
4280, The World Bank.
- Kaufmann, Daniel & Kraay, Aart & Mastruzzi, Massimo, 2009. "Governance matters VIII : aggregate and individual governance indicators 1996-2008," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4978, The World Bank.
- Kaufmann, Daniel & Kraay, Aart & Mastruzzi, Massimo, 2008. "Governance matters VII : aggregate and individual governance indicators 1996-2007," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4654, The World Bank.
- Dollar, David & Easterly, William, 1999.
"The Search for the Key: Aid, Investment and Policies in Africa,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 8(4), pages 546-577, December.
- Dollar, David & Easterly, William, 1999. "The search for the key : aid, investment, and policies in Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2070, The World Bank.
- Todd Moss & Gunilla Pettersson & Nicolas van de Walle, 2006. "An Aid-Institutions Paradox? A Review Essay on Aid Dependency and State Building in Sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers 74, Center for Global Development.
- J. J. Polak & Joydeep Roy & Catherine A Pattillo, 2007. "Measuring the Effect of Foreign Aidon Growth and Poverty Reduction or the Pitfalls of Interaction Variables," IMF Working Papers 07/145, International Monetary Fund.
- Harrigan, Jane & Wang, Chengang & El-Said, Hamed, 2006.
"The economic and political determinants of IMF and world bank lending in the Middle East and North Africa,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 247-270, February.
- J Harrigan & C Wang & H El-Said, 2004. "The Economic and Politics Determinants of IMF and World Bank Lending in the Middle East and North Africa," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0411, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Minoiu, Camelia & Reddy, Sanjay G., 2010.
"Development aid and economic growth: A positive long-run relation,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 27-39, February.
- Sanjay G. Reddy & Camelia Minoiu, 2006. "Development Aid and Economic Growth: A Positive Long-Run Relation," Working Papers 29, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Sanjay Reddy & Camelia Minoiu, 2009. "Development Aid and Economic Growth; A Positive Long-Run Relation," IMF Working Papers 09/118, International Monetary Fund.
- Henrik Hansen & Finn Tarp, 2000. "Aid effectiveness disputed," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(3), pages 375-398, April.
- Michael A. Clemens & Steven Radelet & Rikhil Bhavnani, 2004.
"Counting chickens when they hatch: The short-term effect of aid on growth,"
0407010, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michael Clemens & Steven Radelet & Rikhil Bhavnani, 2004. "Counting Chickens When They Hatch: The Short-term Effect of Aid on Growth," Working Papers 44, Center for Global Development.
- Jeffrey D. Sachs, 2003. "Institutions Don't Rule: Direct Effects of Geography on Per Capita Income," NBER Working Papers 9490, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert G. Murphy & Nicholas G. Tresp, 2006. "Government Policy and the Effectiveness of Foreign Aid," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 647, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 29 Aug 2006.
- James D. Gwartney & Randall G. Holcombe & Robert A. Lawson, 2004. "Economic Freedom, Institutional Quality,and Cross-Country Differences in Income and Growth," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 24(3), pages 205-233, Fall.
- Desmond McCarthy & Holger Wolf & Yi Wu, 2000. "The Growth Costs of Malaria," NBER Working Papers 7541, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Philipp Harms & Matthias Lutz, 2004. "The Macroeconomic Effects of Foreign Aid: A Survey," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2004 2004-11, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Anne Boschini & Anders Olofsgård, 2007. "Foreign aid: An instrument for fighting communism?," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(4), pages 622-648.
- Stephen Bond, 2002. "Dynamic panel data models: a guide to microdata methods and practice," CeMMAP working papers CWP09/02, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- John Luke Gallup & Jeffrey D. Sachs & Andrew D. Mellinger, 1998. "Geography and Economic Development," NBER Working Papers 6849, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Fielding & Stephen Knowles, 2007. "Measuring Aid Effectively in Tests of Aid Effectiveness," Working Papers 0704, University of Otago, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2007.
- Jens Arnold & Andrea Bassanini & Stefano Scarpetta, 2007. "Solow or Lucas?: Testing Growth Models Using Panel Data from OECD Countries," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 592, OECD Publishing.
- repec:cto:journl:v:24:y:2004:i:3:p: is not listed on IDEAS
- Nawalage S. Cooray, 2004. "Determinants of Japanese Aid Allocation: An Econometric Analysis," Working Papers EMS_2004_03, Research Institute, International University of Japan.
- Ranis, Gustav, 2006. "Toward the Enhanced Effectiveness of Foreign Aid," Center Discussion Papers 28403, Yale University, Economic Growth Center.
- William Easterly, 2003. "Can Foreign Aid Buy Growth?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 17(3), pages 23-48, Summer.
- William Easterly & Ross Levine & David Roodman, 2003. "New Data, New Doubts: Revisiting "Aid, Policies, and Growth"," Working Papers 26, Center for Global Development.
- Tony Killick & Mick Foster, 2007. "The Macroeconomics of Doubling Aid to Africa and the Centrality of the Supply Side," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 25(2), pages 167-192, March.
- John Luke Gallup & Jeffrey D. Sachs & Andrew D. Mellinger, 1998. "Geography and Economic Development," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1856, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ogundipe, Adeyemi & Ogundipe, Oluwatomisin, 2013. "Is Aid Really Dead? Evidences from Sub-Saharan Africa," MPRA Paper 51694, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:bla:rdevec:v:22:y:2018:i:1:p:23-44 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hassen Abda Wako, 2018.
"Aid, institutions and economic growth in subâ€ Saharan Africa: Heterogeneous donors and heterogeneous responses,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(1), pages 23-44, February.
- Wako, Hassen, 2016. "Aid, institutions and economic growth: Heterogeneous parameters and heterogeneous donors," MERIT Working Papers 009, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- repec:bla:rdevec:v:21:y:2017:i:4:p:1425-1447 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsForeign aid; aid effectiveness; Sub-Saharan Africa; economic growth; system- GMM (system generalized method of moments);
- F35 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Aid
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:72617. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.